Using VX ACE Resource packs in MV

Elistaria

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Does anyone know of the legality of sizing up resource packs purchased for VX ACE to use in your MV projects?

Matombo

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
it legal i think shaz stated that somewhere

NeoPGX

~ King of Cuteness ~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
N/A
As long as you own both engines its perfectly legal. Tho I am not sure how they can possibly tell if you own one but not the other. 

BrownBread

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
phew I was about to ask the same thing.

Seriel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
As long as you own the pack and MV I don't see why it shouldn't be legal.

I set up DS properly so it does work.

Métal Frog

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Hi, 

Even if it is legal to resize the ressources pack, it does not seem to be the best option. 

I'm using High Fantasy ressource pack:

• I could use Shaz's pluggin to re-size the tilesets while playing the game.
  • However, for the character's sprites, I had to resize the images 150% to be able to assign faces images to actors. It works, but it is blurry. 
Isn't there another way to use smaller images for character sprites? (use the same size in MV as I was using in ACE)

Thanks!

Elistaria

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
AFAIK, the plugin only works if all tiles are the same size (i.e. using a map made in Ace for MV). My issue was coming from using Ace tiles in the same map as MV tiles (I want to use tilesets from the Rural Farm pack in my regular MV maps). As far as the sprite issue, there was a video on RPGMakerWeb's youtube channel about it. I'm not sure which one, but I've only finished the first four episodes. (Each episode is 3-5 videos long, so it might be hard to find quickly.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Potato The game!
Well, well, well, well....Lemme get a look at this fanart.
The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noireoxla