Using Vx and MV in the same project

CrazyCrab

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Hi everyone,

quick question, do you feel like, when kept at proper sizes, that vx and mv clash? I can see that the gradients and luminosity is usually a bit off, but seeing how the style is the same, I was wondering if I can get away with using them both in the one project.

There are simply too many amazing resources for Vx Ace and seeing how I'm planning to ONLY parallax the sizes don't matter at all. Heck, if anything it's helpful and it means that I can have trees etc of different size without stretching images.

So, do you feel like it's doable without making it look all over the place? I feel like it's ok, but I am somewhat artistically blind, so I would love to hear what you think about it. :)

Sausage_Boi

Game Dev. "Artist."
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Americanese
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I sure hope the Artistically Inclined among us can sort this out, because I have been using my MV resources in a project for Ace :p

I resized them to 32x32 because I really dig the modern tiles. It looks fine to me, I can barely tell the difference.

Uzuki

Kawaii on the streets, Senpai in the sheets
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Personally I think the tilesets look fine. Here are some pics that I have with resized versions of Celianna's tiles, some DLC packs, and VX Ace RTP.

Note: These are still works in progress.

The only things that won't work to gather are the sprites. They will NEVER be compatible with each other. NEVER.

Rukiri

I like to make Action-RPGs
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
MV uses higher quality resources compared to VX or Ace because it's at a higher resolution and even works well at 720p and 1080p but you need to have some zoom effect going on when doing HD resolutions so the sprites and maps don't feel well tiny. 

GambleMountain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Down-scaling is pretty bad but its better then up-scaling art. 

ShinGamix

DS Style 4Ever!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
April Fools
Primarily Uses
N/A
Also anyone else doing this would need to own both Ace and MV legally

CallMeKerrigan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@uzuki actually sprite parts combined could be compatible. I do this all the time, just combine various sprite parts. As long as you have a cohesive style and color palette, it works well.

Although it does require some morphing and probably a little editing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

While we prepare the official trailer, enjoy this kind-of-second teaser! ^^
-Ele
New Episodes of RPG Shenanigans Uploaded to Youtube!

Episode 5 - Surprise Party!
Youtube Link:
Episode 6 - Killer Gin
Youtube Link:
Episode 7 - Gaia's Melody: Echoed Melodies
(Coming soon!)

Episode 8 - Clarent Saga: Tactics
(Coming soon!)

Episode 9 - Star Shift
(Coming soon!)
When the Map Generator throws in the assets in the most dumbest way possible - your path is blocked :D

I went to sleep at 3 am because of my anxiety. Set up my alarm for 7 am so that I could have sasagues for breakfast and do morning routine before lessons starts at 8 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep even after my lessons finished because I have to visit my grandparents today I was sad bc I was really tired. Thats when I realised. My lesson starts at 9 am. I could get one extra hour of sleep if I didnt forget it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS