LuLingqi1

A Spellthief With A Bone To Pick
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright so, getting RMMV cost me a ton of money. I don't mind spending even more money to help me make my game. (( Although I wish I spent my money on VXACE just cause the icons are so much nicer LOL ))

So yanfly has a freebie for VXACE stuff, and I was wondering, would I get in trouble with KADOKAWA and Co. while my game is in development and demos and stuff are free? I want to go commercial with my game when it's finished, so I'll make sure to get a VXACE license then, but do I need to get it right now while it's in early development?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no, you need to own Ace to use any part of Ace-RTP.

However, the Steam-Version of Ace is usually on sale five to ten times a year on one steam-reseller or another, and with a sale price below 10$ most of those times.

Just check https://isthereanydeal.com/

(several times a year until you get it)

Kes

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It doesn't matter if your game is commercial or free, you can only use assets from engines which you legally own.  That is non-negotiable.  I suggest that you keep an eye out for Ace going on sale and grab it when it's cheap - don't wait until you are close to finishing before looking out for it, you might not be lucky in getting a sale just at that time.

Yanfly

Developer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I made it very clear on those pages:

TERMS OF USE

However, keep in mind that even though this is converted for MV, this is still an RPG Maker VX Ace iconset and therefore, it requires you to have a legitimate RPG Maker VX Ace license to use (and only in RPG Maker games). I will not be held accountable for any problems you may incur upon using this resource.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I'm an adult married woman

Being a hobbyist dev and also loving my job is like nothing to lose during both busy days and holidays ~ ♥
I tried to free some space in my phone and this is what I find: https://framapic.org/Dio090k00QQ6/8tiNZ3AV5IYw.png
...Almost 60% of all images in my gallery is just that- books and notes and guides...
I've bought a set of Harry Potter to entertain myself. However, my crazy geography homework accounts for more than half of my homework.
Girls with swords are cool on their own. Then I give them guns. *Profit*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssalum