Using Yanfly's Item Upgrade Questions

Discussion in 'Javascript/Plugin Support' started by Arcmagik, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Arcmagik

Arcmagik Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    First Question,

Can you use the item upgrade on an equipped weapon? This would be important for games that have fixed equipment on some of their characters and so far I haven't figured out how to do it. I attempted to event a system that would unequip the weapon, call the weapon scene so you can upgrade it, and then reequip it. That so far has not gone well, but I admit that I have only been toying around with it. I will likely need to look up direct script calls to the "Weapon Scene". Which brings us to my second question...

Second Question,

Can anyone think of away to use the current system to do a shop call for the Upgrade Items and "force" you to use the upgrade item when you purchase it (effectively making a Blacksmith Shop).

EDIT2: Just saw a comment on Yanfly's site that said Yanfly added the capabilities for question 1 on a recent update so I will grab that version when I get home and work towards figuring out the "Blacksmith Shop" problem.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2015
  2. Arcmagik

Arcmagik Game Developer Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Question One has been answered... and by that I saw awhile ago that Yanfly updated the Plugin to check for Equipped Items. I would like to draw attention to my second question again, just incase anyone has any idea about it.

Can anyone think of away to use the current system to do a shop call for the Upgrade Items and "force" the item to be used when purchased (effectively making a Blacksmith Shop)?