Leetstuff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
EDIT: This is what I've managed so far.

Let's use Pokemon Paralysis as an example. If you are paralyzed, there's a 25% chance of not moving.

<Custom Turn Start Effect>

var x = Math.floor(Math.random()*100) + 1

if (x >= 25 ) {

user.addState(15);

}

</Custom Turn Start Effect>
State 15 is simply a "Cannot Move" State that is auto-removed at turn end. 

The problem I'm currently having is that, when the state is added, there's no prompt warning that the character cannot move and the enemy attacks automatically first. Right before the turn ends, the state persistence message is shown. The problem with that is the order of actions, I'd like to have the "Cannot move" state appearing before the enemy attack.

Is there a command for "Cannot Move" or force action "Wait"? That way I don't have to use another state.

I know there's a Numb State plugin, but it isn't working on my game, probably because of YEP's State Core.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

You could also just post in Yanfly's plugin thread for faster attention from Yanfly.

theolis-wolfpaw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Maybe try adding this._logWindow.displayAddedStates(user); below where you added the state.In theory, that should make it display the "If such and such is inflicted with the state:" message. (Though, I haven't tested it, so I'm not 100% sure that'll work)

Though, if you want a message, like the show message event command, I think you'd use $gameMessage.add(user.name() + " was paralyzed and couldn't move."); in the same spot (This one I know works for certain.

I'm not exactly a javascripter, and I'm still learning all the ins-and-outs of the code so I know it may not be the most helpful post, but I hope I at least steered you in the right direction.

Leetstuff

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Maybe try adding this._logWindow.displayAddedStates(user); below where you added the state.In theory, that should make it display the "If such and such is inflicted with the state:" message. (Though, I haven't tested it, so I'm not 100% sure that'll work)

Though, if you want a message, like the show message event command, I think you'd use $gameMessage.add(user.name() + " was paralyzed and couldn't move."); in the same spot (This one I know works for certain.

I'm not exactly a javascripter, and I'm still learning all the ins-and-outs of the code so I know it may not be the most helpful post, but I hope I at least steered you in the right direction.
Didn't work.

The second one works fine, I've tried it, but it's too out of place.

What's the command to add a message to the battle log? If it just shows "Couldn't move!" would be just fine. Thanks!

theolis-wolfpaw

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Sorry for the late reply, it took me a bit to get around to actually looking into it, but this should work:

BattleManager._logWindow.push('addText', user.name() + " was paralyzed and couldn't move.");

I couldn't get there to be a wait time before the enemy attacks, though nor could I get it to clear the log, despite having used both these lines:

BattleManager._logWindow._waitCount = 24;
BattleManager._logWindow.clear();

This may be something specific to my situation so it might not hurt to try those, maybe fiddle around with the waitCount, it should be in frames which are 1/60th of a second.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

There are so many coding terms that are complete gibberish to me. Like what the heck is "Return" or "Array"??
Sometimes I forget how tiny and fun working in 16x16 is (or with 18x18 if ya counting the white outline LOL) and before you ask Yes. Yes this is an appropriate ratio of drinks to all the other stuff. :popcorn:
f37ac128dedc8a53af7deb2b12e8ea81becf6e46.png
Phew, sleep all day, awake all night. I don't know what to draw tonight!

Does that count as poetry? ..Is there a super fast way to test my creations in RPG Maker? Has anyone played the new Pokémon games? I'm itching to buy it but I don't think my husband will want me to after he finds out how much I spent on Christmas!
When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HaxDotCombo