RMMV UTO

Discussion in 'Games In Development' started by Kuu_t, Nov 16, 2017.

1. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

[​IMG]

SYNOPSIS
    It’s the beginning of June. Summer holidays start. The family should be taken somewhere… but where, when you have kids as wild as Suttu and Touhu are… Previous years have been catastrophes. Even grandma cannot take it anymore. She got enough at last year.

There’s still one place, though. Uto, a lonely isle far away in the sea. The place, where Papa grew up. Hardly anybody lives there anymore, so there shouldn’t be anything, what kids can destroy.
    Is the isle as empty as Papa remembers? What kind of adventure can lurk in Uto, which should be the most boring place in the world?

[​IMG]

The player plays with twins, Suttu and Touhu. Great adventurers of the Isle of Uto. They meet all kinds of strange creatures and beats enemies from stick men to dire trolls.

The game combines mechanics of classical JRPG games to ABS RPG’s. It’s about puzzle solving, adventure and humorous story.

Puzzles and interactions with the world are solved with different tools as a grappling hook, shield, shovel, etc. Battles are classic, turn-based battles (SV).

[​IMG]
    • Target Platform: PC
    • Game Genre: Action RPG
    • Game Flavours: fantasy, comedy
    • Languages: English, Finnish

SCREENSHOTS
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CHARACTERS
    Suttu & Touhu
    [​IMG]

Suttu and Touhu are twins and main characters of the story. They are filled with enormous imagination and energy. They bring destructions for surroundings and worries for the parents. At the age of 10 and being prepared with kitchen tools, they are ready to take the world.

Bobo
    [​IMG]
    Family dog. She loves her owners and protects the kids in the best way she can, which mainly is being worried and licking wounds. She follows kids everywhere and tries to be the best dog in the world.

Parents
    [​IMG]

Parents. The main targets of the craziest ideas of the twins.

Now they are having a lazy vacation - or, at least, trying to have one – as far away from offices and city life. Papa and Mama can only hope that the kids offer that short time of peace for them.

Ukko
    [​IMG]

A Mysterious old man, who still lives on the isle, being at least 100 years old. He remembers Papa when Papa was a kid. Papa is quite scared of Ukko and for a 100-year-old it is the funniest thing in the world.

DEVELOPERS DIARY
    Things to do next:
    • Battler animations for kids
    • EVEN More on-map -animations for monsters
    • Populate the third dungeon with enemies and puzzles + boss
    • beautify more maps
    Done:
    • puzzles around projectile systems.
    • 1st and 2nd dungeons

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Jayje, muteo, Vox Novus and 2 others like this.
  2. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Last week I thought, that I'll work for battlers for next to weeks. Then I faced an actual problem. I hadn't done anything for enemies and enemy skills. I just had some fancy graphics for monsters. So I ended up giving some love for enemies and bosses. Now testing is more reasonable, but I still have to animate those battlers. And in addition, some animations for all new fancy skills :p

3. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, I haven't updated this for a while. I've been too busy to play with RPG Maker, but I've done something!

Here's a short video of the current stage of one of my maps. I hope you like it!

4. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV

More videos, whee!

Today I've been working on Suttus battle animations. I linked a 5 minutes video of my painting routine on Damage animation. So yeah, watch it if you are interested in that kind of stuff and enjoy some Bossanova rhymes x)

On next week I should be able to finish the whole sprite sheet for Suttu.

5. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    [​IMG]Hello, everybody! It's a Saturday again, a perfect day for another update.

Lately, I've been working on a demo and I hope, I can finish it just before summer. It should have the first part of the story in it and couple of dungeons. Currently, my goal looks achievable.

Also, here's another timelapse of my painting process:

Jayje likes this.
  6. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello, after a while :D

I started a new job since the last post, so I've been too busy for a big leisure time project. Anyway, now I know, what I'm actually doing in work so I can continue to develop UTO.

Here are some screenshots, what I've done during July.

Ukko's Mansion
    [​IMG]

I had some good time while spriting this location. I really loved to work on those big paintings. Most of the paintings are also backgrounds from the game, but some are just for these paintings. If I continue to work with these, I'll share some in MV resources -section if people are interested in :)

Smugglers Cave
    [​IMG]

Second dungeon from UTO. Simple puzzles and lots of grabbling hook flights :D

Boatbois Attacking!
    [​IMG]

Some enemies from the Smugglers Cave with a very very irritating name :D

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
    Jayje and Kvothe like this.
  7. Jayje

Jayje THE Lone Indie Cheese! Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    This game looks very interesting and it has a great art style. I always love when games use non RTP art. I would suggest getting an English speaking editor to help. Otherwise I'm definitely pulling for you!

Kuu_t likes this.
  8. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks, Jayje!

I've a guy, who will translate UTO when I've something to release. He's not an old roommate of mine who "can english", but an actual professional, so the translation should be fine ;)

Of course the service costs so I'm not going to do the translation before I've something to release.

9. fizzly

fizzly Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Polish
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Looks so cute! Keep up the good work, love the artwork.

Kuu_t likes this.
  10. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thank you, @fizzly! I try to keep the style up!

11. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Short update,

currently I'm solving an irritating problem. I'm using Yanfly's item plugins and those have some problems with some Moghunter stuff. I think the problem is MOGs Chrono Engine extensions, but I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, both of those are on the top of the item section of RPG Maker MV. I hope I can solve this because I'd like to use both of the plugins. If I can't solve the problem, I'll give up with the Yanfly's, because Chrono Engine is important for the game mechanics. Yanfly's are just for aesthetics.

Anyway, here are some of the items and stuffed animal characters!
    [​IMG]

Jayje and Kvothe like this.
  12. barnzie8

barnzie8 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    A nice unique art style. Feels like a cartoon turned game.

Kuu_t likes this.
  13. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Thanks, @barnzie8! I'll do a new update on Friday or Saturday.

14. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Latest map, a Cafe for Dangerous Stuffed Animals :D

I didn't work so much on visual in the last week. Mainly some database tweaks, when I found some time.

[​IMG]

Jayje likes this.
  15. muteo

muteo Villager Member

First Language:
    Finland
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Pinocchio!

16. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @muteo haha, didn't think of that!

Today I've been working on characters and their facial expressions. Here's one of the Papa sheets.
    [​IMG]

Now I should do some sprite sheets for him. Walking and Idle sheets for sure, but also I need the knocked out situation as an animation.

edit: Also, I bought a huge amount of SFX and music so now I've tools to rebuild my sound design to something more interesting.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
    Jayje likes this.
  17. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi!

It's been a while since the last update. I've been working on music, SFX and writing to make the UTO more enjoyable experience, so there hasn't been too much to show and I didn't want to write a wall of text as a dev log :D

Anyway, here's little something. I've been working on field animations for some creatures. Here are some animations for orcs in Smugglers Cave.

[​IMG]

I'm not very good at designing monsters. Argh, I should spend some time on enemy skills and damage formulas, but I really don't enjoy that stuff :D

Jayje likes this.
  18. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Today I've been working on monsters. The Snaildragon is a new one, so it's easy to see how the style has developed on the way.
    [​IMG]

Jayje likes this.
  19. Kuu_t

Kuu_t Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Finnish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I made quite a big decision. I'm going to move from Victor's ABS to Mog Hunter's ABS.
    Simply because I use a lot of Mog Hunter's plugins and I don't want to keep too many plugin programmers on my list, because that usually means problems in functionality.
    Though, it might not be so easy as it sounds. Also, I use Yanfly's item and skill plugins so I foresee problems :p