Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
vampsmall.png

ABOUT VAMPS

An undead lord is terrorizing the countryside and every hunter in the realm is clamoring to be the first to stake'm! Play as two hunters who band together in their quest to defeat the new evil first! Explore creaky basements, magic temples, castles, and public parks! This is a cozy 90s JRPG style comedy game, free on steam and itch.io, and has the same vein of comedy as Sam and Max, Adventure Zone, Discworld, Disenchanted, etc etc.

Combat is the traditional turn-based kind in the core of Rpgmaker. The key concept of Vamps is that it's packed with banter and jokes and those have in-game effects.

For instance, this conversation leads to this choice where depending what you choose you get a different spell:
1647636907569.png

You also have access to powerful "Talk" topics to use in battle that will restore HP, MP, and more but you have to discover them by exploring the world.

Vamps is short and free. Most people are beating it in under three hours! Modes to help with battles and puzzles are included in case you want to get through the game without dealing with them (or to get past a boss).

CHARACTERS

It's your classic goth and goof team up!

1647636067264.png

The main protagonist, fleeing a life of corporate servitude is striking out to prove that she's not only capable of hunting fiends but should be doing it full-time!
1647636044421.png

The main, uh, deuteragonist I guess? Right? Is a freelance ranger and fiend hunter. Taken where the wind blows, and the wind has blown her to a vampire threatened town! Rough and tumble but can get the job done!

You'll also meet Ratmages! Golems! Fantasy Rodney Dangerfield! A staring contest master! Mr. Boxes! And more more more!

IMAGES/SCREENSHOTS

screen5.png

screen 5.png
screen2.png

joke5.png

STEAM (Complete with achievements!)
ITCH.IO (Play in browser!)

I hope you give it a try!

Tiles and Sprites from https://finalbossblues.itch.io/
Additional Sprites by @hazeldaydreamer
Protag chibi portraits by https://www.etsy.com/people/KaboodlesofNoodles
Everything else by me

OST on soundcloud!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just got all of my wisdom teeth out today, thankfully I have the rest of the week off.
Man I am learning I am bad at naming armor lmao.
The game's opening, now fully polished! :LZScheeze:

Aaand, here's me working on it in today's "Game Making Every Day" video! :LZSooo:

Hello! Can anyone help me? I followed making cooking tutorial for RPG Maker MV. But for some reason buff state that food gives doesn't work in overworld. It disappears. What am I supposed to do?
A shotgun is not a rifle. Huh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YoBa