KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was wondering if there was a scrip call that would increase and decrease your Gold amount based on a a variable. For example, I have 20 (Variable 1) I want it so it tell the game to change the amount of Gold to 20. This is all in MV just to let you know.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
no need for a script call, that is what the default event command "change gold" is about

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see that the problem with "change gold" command, it only have the option for "increase" and "decrease" gold. You can't "set" a fixed amount.
1580062868643.png

The inconvenient evented way to have a fixed amount of gold would require you to decrease your current gold to zero then increase it to that certain amount :
1580062210060.png

As for the script call... I haven't checked it, but CMIIW :
Code:
$gameParty.gold = $gameVariables.value(ID)

That is... if I'm not misinterpret and overthinking your problem because your question sounds way too basic for a veteran member such as you... as if you are speaking in riddle.

Last edited:

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I see that the problem with "change gold" command, it only have the option for "increase" and "decrease" gold. You can't "set" a fixed amount.
View attachment 132226

The inconvenient evented way to have a fixed amount of gold would require you to decrease your current gold to zero then increase it to that certain amount :
View attachment 132225

As for the script call... I haven't checked it, but CMIIW :
Code:
$gameParty.gold = $gameVariables.value(ID)

That is... if I'm not misinterpret and overthinking your problem because your question sounds way too basic for a veteran member such as you... as if you are speaking in riddle.
I tried to input the scrip call and it didn't work.

Last edited:

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
.... Yeah, I just checked. It's missing and "underscore".

Code:
$gameParty._gold = $gameVariables.value(ID)

KazukiT

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
.... Yeah, I just checked. It's missing and "underscore".

Code:
$gameParty._gold = $gameVariables.value(ID)
I plugged in your Script call and it worked like a charm, thanks for helping me out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who loves the Final Fantasy series?~
Weather and time system twin release. Now with weather icons and possibility to add them in your custom clock!
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders is finally being ported to PC. I loved playing that game on the original Xbox.
A friend told me to stop making nomnom or gulping noise when eating or drinking. Plot twist of my life. I thought people can't hear that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyBrowney