Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1: You mean just display the time/date in the menu? Just above the gold display? Should be doable, just have to figure out what I'm missing(probably something obvious)

2: Not sure what you mean by this. The battle scene is already tinted whenever it's tinted outside of battle(default behavior), unless you mean addition adjustments to tints using a skill/common evennt in battle?(lasting the battle and returning to whatever it was after battle?)

3: Easy enough to do, just had to double check how to get the current screen width/height and do a few adjustments/improvements. Already updated the hud scripts(not in the demo... yet.) Glad you solved it for yourself(scripting experience is scripting experience)

Edit: Would this satisfy #1, adding the clock to the menu, for you?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BywhvOtY4_H9MUhlR1lLaFlOTnc/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Sorry for late reply. 

1. Yes that is exactly what I was looking for. Is there a way to disable the clock from showing on the map? or have it toggle by a button instead? 

2. Yeah in Vlue's it would be the same tint as outside of battle. So I guess common events would make sense since we are using that?

3. Yay! I got praise :D

Also thanks for the quick reply, I love your work!

Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1: Re-Implemented the ability to toggle the HUDs on/off by use of a button, default is CTRL, but can be changed or even disabled.  You don't need the map HUDs to use the Menu Clock but the choice for that is up to the developer of course.

2: I'm not entirely sure what you want to accomplish,  Reading back do you want to apply certain states when the tint is at a certain setting?(or at certain times of the day), in specific maps where the tint is darkened?  Change the tint in the middle of battle?  Have the tint of the current time be shown in battle?(This already happens)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
1. Great I will check it out and let you know how it goes.

2. It was just an idea. I am using Tsukihime's encounter manager script so I will have different monster depending on the day. Also, it was just an idea that depending on the time of day and where you are located you get field effects, meaning if a player or enemy doesn't have "Night Vision" they will be less likely to hit at night. Do you understand what I mean. Like I said, an idea that I am hoping to implement, but not a big deal if not.

2. TL;DR: I am using Khas' Light Effects, and was wondering why the tint doesn't change in battle. Like if I am fighting a bat in a cavern It won't be dark for me. but will be when I return to the map.  

Also thanks for working with me. You are awesome!

Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
In simplest terms then you want to be able to apply states, probably related to accuracy, to your actors

1: In certain maps(easily done with an event set to do so, change state is on the 1st page, auto_run then erase itself.  Outside the designated maps you can do the same except to remove the states instead.

2: Apply states at certain times(like at night), can be done with a common event set to go off via this calendar script.

"Night Vision" would depend on your game's definition, either an actor/equipment that gives an abundant amount of accuracy all the time, or accuracy at night only(at which point you'd maybe use Tsukihime's Feature Conditions script if it works for that scenario.)

Sounds easy enough for you to do with what you already have/have access to, unless what you want is somewhat more complicated.

The default tint changes do have an impact on the battle scene, however tint changes that may occur via Khas' script are indeed kept on the map only.  I'm not too familiar with Khas' code so I don't know of a way to change it at this time, but I can look into it(no promises on actually getting it to work if it's too hard/complicated, a preliminary look says it might be.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
So what you are saying is it will be hard to implement the map-only features from khas' to the battlefield. Shoot. That's one thing I liked from Vlues.

Okay, I see what you are going with "Night Vision" I will check that one out. Thanks so much for the help. :thumbsup:

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Great script really saves me time.

Edit: Nevermind found out how to fix.

===============================

Edit 2: Is there a way to hide the clock during event cutscenes via script call? I can't find anything like it.

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
There seems to be an actual major error or maybe I derped up with a setting though I have touched nothing but times as far as I know. 

Using #Version 2.1 It's actually screwing up some my events. I have a inventory checking system to mine or log wood that is being totally ignored and bypassed via your script some how.

Here is my post about it: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/34641-my-logging-event-broke-ages-ago-not-sure-what-and-when/

Anyways simple thing once I remove your script the main one I tried just removing the clock. Anyways when I remove it she works fine... If I don't then it acts like I have the inventory say the Wood Axe.

EDIT: I see you were tapping into Common events further up you said you could control things from it. I'm actually using nothing of yours yet from events. But I have a feeling that if your tapping into common events then that is where the bug most likely is. 

Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Based on what I see from your pictures.  I think it's not a problem with my script itself, but rather the settings?  Are you using the default variables for controlling the time/date?

module HM_SEL #What variables will be used MIN = 1 #Minute Variable HOUR = 2 #Hour variable, actual/military time. 0 = 12 AM, 13 = 1 PM DAYA = 3 #Day of the Week variable, 1 for Monday, 7 for Sunday DAYB = 4 #Day of the Month variable, you can find a use for it I'm sure. DAYC = 5 #Day of the Year variable, used for festival day checks. MONTH = 6 #Month Variable YEAR = 7 #Year Variable WEATHA = 8 #Current Weather WEATHB = 9 #Tomorrow's WeatherLook at the above section.  These represent what variables are 'reserved' by my script.  Make sure either these variables are not used by any of your events not related to time, or, if they are then change these numbers to variables that you yourself will set aside.  That's my best guess at the problem without seeing your project yourself or having more information to go on.

Kane Hart

Elmlor.com
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Based on what I see from your pictures.  I think it's not a problem with my script itself, but rather the settings?  Are you using the default variables for controlling the time/date?

module HM_SEL #What variables will be used MIN = 1 #Minute Variable HOUR = 2 #Hour variable, actual/military time. 0 = 12 AM, 13 = 1 PM DAYA = 3 #Day of the Week variable, 1 for Monday, 7 for Sunday DAYB = 4 #Day of the Month variable, you can find a use for it I'm sure. DAYC = 5 #Day of the Year variable, used for festival day checks. MONTH = 6 #Month Variable YEAR = 7 #Year Variable WEATHA = 8 #Current Weather WEATHB = 9 #Tomorrow's WeatherLook at the above section.  These represent what variables are 'reserved' by my script.  Make sure either these variables are not used by any of your events not related to time, or, if they are then change these numbers to variables that you yourself will set aside.  That's my best guess at the problem without seeing your project yourself or having more information to go on.
Ahhh, I'm still learning but I'm using 1 and 2 right now. Meaning Min and hour would be effecting it. Also makes sense why sometimes it does not mine and sometimes it does not.

Thanks for the fast support.

A+

Kuro Neko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I keep got "stack level was too deep" with the demo, what's the meaning of this?

Kannashi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
First of all, I have to thank you for this awesome script Selchar! Really loving it so far!

But I came into a problem, the third day of spring, at 12 (midnight) it gives me an argument error. "HM calendar line 316 ArgumentError Ocurred. wrong number of arguments (4 for 3)"

This is an image of the problem; any idea of what I might have done wrong? :c

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1iSuZVG.png[/IMG]

Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kuro Neko: Just tested the demo(briefly) and didn't get a stack error message.  More information on what you did to the demo would be helpful.

@Kannashi:  What does your line 316 say?  A quick look give me an end statement for the default and I don't see anything nearby that should cause a problem like that.

Kannashi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is exactly what line 316 says:     RPG::BGS.new(temp[2], temp[3], temp[4]).play

317 just says end, I can provide you with my version of the script, if you think it'll help o-o

Kuro Neko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Kuro Neko: Just tested the demo(briefly) and didn't get a stack error message.  More information on what you did to the demo would be helpful.

@Kannashi:  What does your line 316 say?  A quick look give me an end statement for the default and I don't see anything nearby that should cause a problem like that.
I believe i tested with only your demo. I even made a new project, and then copy and paste all the lastest scripts (not from the demo, from google doc). The problem will disappear if i disable Calendar Clock Add-On script.

Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Ah ok, there are 2 calendar clocks included in the demo.  They are inherently incompatible with each other using identical aliases as you only need one of them.  There's the Basic clock which only shows the time, and the slightly more advanced Calendar clock which also shows the month/day.  By default the Basic one is disabled/commented out(by ctrl+a ctrl+q) and the Calendar one is enabled.

If you copied the scripts from the links and added them to the demo, then you may have copied both of them, and the scripts from the links are not disabled/commented out and would cause that problem.

Kuro Neko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Guess that's the problem...

Then, about the calendar, can i show it in game, too, just like the clock? I mean, the calendar clock only show clock outside, and calendar is inside the menu. I want to make one just like harvestmoon. Is that possible?

Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm probably misunderstanding something.  You want it to be shown as it is in the following picture right? In the bottom right corner?

That's done by default in the demo, the script labeled Clock HUD(Selchar Calendar).  In the first post it's the third script Calendar Clock Add-On.  The one found in the menu is an extra addon labeled Menu Clock(Selchar Calendar) and is entirely optional itself.

Kuro Neko

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Oh my... Excuse my misunderstanding...
Then it's gonna be fine for my game. Btw, can i customize the background for calendar clock? Or at least the window skin of it? I want it to be differents with normal text box. (If can't, it's fine. I just want to decorate a little bit).

Selchar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
With a few quick lines I can allow you to change the windowskin.  I need to go through the demo and make sure all of the scripts contained are the most up to date versions, I keep forgetting to do that.  I updated the one found in the link only, and currently just the Calendar Clock.  You should see a new part in the customization called Window_Skin.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Finally adding subtitles. My demo release is really close! :kaojoy:

1653799949837.png

ngl i feel like im morbin out
I've made a lot of small changes and fixes over the past couple weeks without actually making any progress on my game...now I'm running out of things I want to change, and I'm terrified that I might have to start being productive again...the horror! D:
I made a mini devlog about the sprite animations I've been working on! You can read it by clicking here

applebuds-dreamtrotter.gif
What happens with this list, is it currently possible to buy any of these RPGMAKER at least those that are for PC?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tamin21