RetroBoy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am sorry for flooding the board with questions, but trying to learn and (more importantly) stat out the system/engine I have charted out over the last few months on and off. This is another Yanfly Passive States question,

Is it possible to have a state afflict an actor differently, dependent upon the actor?

For Example:

I have a player race in my game that is Nocturnal and how much TP gain an actor gets is dependent upon Environment and the time of the day. I want actors that are essentially "proficient" in a terrain to be unaffected by the penalties from the terrain and I want the Nocturnal Race to gain faster TP at night but less during the day.

I know it seems overly convoluted, but the game I am working on is a Tactical RPG and I wanted "when" you choose to fight and where to be a factor in the battle.

I have chosen to attach an image to show the variable TP gain as I had imagined it.

Variable TP Gain.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if it is possible with yanfly's plugin, but tsukihime wrote a plugin "placeholder states" that can be used to do something like that. Just use a check for the actor id instead of a check for existing states in her sample.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

hmmm. an art of mine was removed from reddit, for a reason not even listed.
Going to try my luck with Rust programming language. C++ is just way too gosh darn frustrating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiresu