Variable Window From Menu?

Liblib71

Should Be Better At This
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have been programming in VX Ace for five years and I still can't figure out how to draw a window that displays a custom amount of variables. I just need it to look something like the parameters screen in Yanflys Status Menu Core: http://www.yanfly.moe/wiki/Status_Menu_Core_(YEP)
It doesn't need to be interactable in any way, I just wanna replace the status window with a "stats" window displaying about six or seven of my own variables in a list. Despite how easy this should be for myself, a self-taught ruby programmer, this has me stumped. Any help is greatly appreciated.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Learning Ruby and RGSSx. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Since you said you're programming in VXA it might be a good idea to give us a starting point, either what you have already coded or your level of coding. Do you know how to create a window and display it in a scene? Do you know how to draw text and images in the window?

Liblib71

Should Be Better At This
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Since you said you're programming in VXA it might be a good idea to give us a starting point, either what you have already coded or your level of coding. Do you know how to create a window and display it in a scene? Do you know how to draw text and images in the window?
Thank you! I've never posted to the forums so I wasn't sure where to post it lol. And I've mostly just altered the scripts that come with Ace, adding and removing things from menus and such. Because of this, I've never really drawn my own window before, but I do know how to draw text and some images. Thanks so much for getting back to me, I can't really move forward with my project without it.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's as easy as just use
Code:
draw_text(x,y,width,height,$game_variables[id])
Adjust (x,y,width,height) as you see fit.
I assume you know where to put this line of code?

Liblib71

Should Be Better At This
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It's as easy as just use
Code:
draw_text(x,y,width,height,$game_variables[id])
Adjust (x,y,width,height) as you see fit.
I assume you know where to put this line of code?
Oh dude thank you so much, I can definitely figure it out from here. If not I'll post again, and I'll post the script I make for others who wanna do the same thing. Props to you. :thumbsup-left:

EDIT: So the text drawing is working no issue, but now I'd like those colored bars underneath the text, and text saying what each variable represents. Does anyone know how to do this?

EDIT 2: I figured out the text displaying what each variable represents, now I just need help with those pesky colored bars. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Not easy to find DS resources, is it? I need to make a good compilation thread linking to all the artists that do DS...
Spent a whole evening planning Stats, Animations, Abilities of 24 different weapons.. Only to realize I was just Bloating the Game. In the end i decided to stick with only 6.
Haven’t gotten over a mentor’s promotion. He deserves it, but he was the first person to be nice to me at work. It’s been hard for me to let him go.
So its confirmed MZ will have tile size locked at 48x48. So thats extremely lame. Still probably going to get it for the assets but Im gonna pout the whole time.
A friend used to ask why I don't colorize most of my drawings? The answer: I'm colorblind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
studiojap