Dankbarer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, all!

There is probably a thread or a tutorial for these questions already, but for the life of me I can't find it!

I'm currently trying to do two things and having some trouble finding help for it.

The first is I have created a state for my game that is basically a Zombie/Mind Control state, and while under this state I want the party members to attack their fellow party members, but using a specific skill that will induce the same state in the other party members. But all I can get another actor/party member to do is a normal attack, and if I seal "Attack" then they just sit there. What am I missing?

The second things is I want to add another stat to the game that will effect other attacks and make it easier for others states to be caught. The best way I think I've found to do this is to set a Variable for each actor so they have their own individual variable for this stat. But I can't find how to do this in the system.

I have downloaded the full collection of the Yanfly plugins, so I have them all, but I haven't seen one that I think will work for this unless I just haven't understood what they will do. Can someone give some advice and point the direction to appropriate tutorials?

Thank you!

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
zombie state should have state trait: attack state ID X%
and all weapon attack skills (including skill 1) should have effect: normal attack 100%

pretty much the same way you'd make a poison dagger just that would be attack state trait from a weapon instead of a status ailment.

and Luck by default effects state apply/resist rates but its a very minor change.
i think it was yanfly ex-param plugin parameter that had "luck effect" which is formula to effect state rates using a stat. (i changed it to just be "1" making state apply/resist rates pure database numbers)

edit: other option since might have a poison dagger but only want zombie actors attacks to apply zombie debuff and not all normal attack states,
yanfly weapon unleash can make state <Replace Attack: X> changing the skill used with attack.

Last edited:

Dankbarer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, Tiamat-86.

What if when they are in this state, I want them to use attacks they don't normally have? Currently the trait I have set is Attack State: "state" + 0%. Is that correct so that they will only attack those who don't have the same state?

And for the attack itself, I want them to gain the attack that gave the state and use that primarily instead of normal attacks. For instance, in the Zombie case, I want them to gain the attack Bite, that they normally don't have, and use that instead of a normal attack. Does that make sense? I'll look for the Weapon Unleash plugin as well.

For the other stat I want to use, I'm not sure Luck would really work in this case? My goal is to have this state range from 1-100, and as the number grows, penalties will apply, or other attack options would appear or disappear. Also, as the number grows, the image for the character will change. For instance if they were poisoned the image would look sicker and sicker. Is something like that possible?

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
attack state trait isnt an AI thing. its adds x% chance to apply that state when using any skill with effect: normal attack. just like how element type: normal attack uses a weapon's element.

so trait attack state zombie 10% + weapon with trait attack state: poison 20%
using a skill effect: normal attack 100% means the attack have 10% chance to apply zombie and 20% chance to apply poison (if the enemy has no resistances to them)
and a skill with normal attack 50% would only have 5% chance at zombie and 10% at poison.

for changing it so actor will use Bite instead of skill1 just need <Replace Attack: X> in the zombie state's notetag where X is the ID of the bite skill.

as for that last paragraph... what?
think need to try and clean up your description and it would be something for a separate thread to handle.
its sounds like it has nothing to do with luck stat. never used these mechanics myself but,
ive seen states that can stack to 100 (that was a new MP type "Fury" resource for warriror's)
ive seen states that evolve (like poison1 state turns into poison2 after a few turns)
but as for looking sicker and sicker, aside from just higher priority state with different icon/motion, idk.

and i think a passive state conditions thing for stacks to add hidden skills could work,
but dont think condition can check a stacking state exactly, only if have the state or not.
so probably need some other method to make that work.

Unisoft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
not sure whether I’ve completely understood what you’re looking for with the second point, the two descriptions seem slightly different, but here’s a thought:

you could have a new state for each level and then use a check (e.g. in the damage formula?) to apply the next level of the state each time. if you want to change the actor image (assuming you’ve got a different sprite for each ‘level’), you could have a troop event run each turn that checks the current state for each party member and changes the battler sprite.

In terms of using the luck stat to directly affect the chance of having a state inflicted upon an actor, you could use an if statement in the damage formula based on b.luk (maybe compare it to a random number generated before the attack?) to then add the state using b.addState()

I hope that’s helpful on some level but as I said, I’m not entirely clear on what you’re asking. I’m sure others can suggest different ways (possibly more efficient?) to handle some of this.

Rugman

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can use Yanfly’s Actor Variables to display your custom stat in game.

As for the zombie state thing, there are probably multiple ways to do it but what I’d do is use Yanfly’s Buff’s and States Core. Using the <Custom apply Effect> and <Custom Remove Effect> notetags in your zombie state will allow you to give the affected actor the zombie skill when the state is applied and remove it with the state.

You can use Yanfly’s Auto Battle A.I. to make the affected actor only use the skill you want.

Hope that helps

Dankbarer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello, everyone

Thanks for your help! I think I had an idea in that TP kinda is working how I want this to already, so I'm currently checking in to see if it can be altered to work they way I want it to.

Tiamat, your mention of fury actually got me thinking of a risk vs reward system that could be based on TP, where they higher the TP you have the more powerful attacks you get access to like normal, but if it ever reaches 100, that actor can not act, or acts erratically, until the number is lowered either through an action (maybe on another actor's part) or an item used on them. Does anyone know if there is a way to call for a check on what level TP is at? That will be what I'm currently working on.

I have Yanfly's states core, I will check into that!

Edit: Tried using <Replace Attack: X> using both the name of the skill and it's number, and they still are only doing base attacks. Any idea why?

Last edited:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any idea why?
notetags have no function by default.
plugins check for notetags to create whatever effect there is supposed to be.

so if a notetags doesn't work, then most likely you're missing the plugin that is supposed to have that function. or you wrote it wrong or misconfigured the plguins or something like that.

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
the replace attack notetag requires yanfly weapon unleash plugin.

the TP 100 check would be doable with yanfly passive states plugin giving the state a condition check.
i dont have the code you'd need for that condition check though.

edit: (the forum's options bar above the reply box still broken so dont know how make short links for the idividual plugin page's, so...)
heres a link to yanfly's main page. s/he's(?) got a free bundle that's already pretty helpful,
but gotta pay for full plugin collection. (i vouch for worth a buy)

Last edited:

Dankbarer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually went ahead and bought the full collection, so I have them all. I was able to get the attack replacement working with the Weapon Unleash!

However, I can't get the Auto Passive States one to work. I'm using the code <Passive Condition: TP Above 99> code in the notes of the state I want, but it's not triggering. I made sure that the plugin doesn't need to be under anything specific, and it is turned on. Not sure why it isn't triggering.

Unisoft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Try

<Custom Passive Condition>
if (user.tp > 99) {
condition = true;
} else {
condition = false;
}
</Custom Passive Condition>

Tiamat-86

old jrpg gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
TP Above X is one of the normal tags so doesnt need the custom tag using code.
did you actually add the state as a passive ability to the character somehow?
like actor or class notetag? just making the state with a condition alone wont do anything.

Unisoft

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I’d missed that it included TP, thanks Tiamat.

Dankbarer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ Tiamat

Ah, no I did not add it to the actor or class, just to the state note tag. So to get that right, do I need to put it in the class or actor note tag that they have the state, then put in the actual state note tag that it only comes on when TP is over 99?

Edit: Tried it and it works! Thank you!

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

AeroPergold wrote on LUKElcs's profile.
Its-a me, Pergold from Gamejolt!
I added footstep sounds to our content that I posted in a previous thread. I was unable to edit the post, so if you're interested, see below.

DOWNLOAD LINK

I've started working on rpg maker again, and I can see a lot of improvement from when I was 13. I still have a long way to go, but I'm proud that I've gotten this far.
Animated Title screen is by SharkerrBlue(SB)
I am using the Nightmare Land pack.
I just can't walk to the store for lunch without walking past people smoking. It not only smells bad, it's probably poisoning me. I'm afraid I'll eventually have to be hospitalized. I can't take another path because there's too much traffic and drivers in the plaza are reckless sometimes. I almost got run over once, even after looking both ways.
RyanYe wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Your art works about Wyrvens and Dragons are sooooooooo cooooooooool~! I like them so bad
Can you create more? like Archangels, Devils, Titans, Cyclops!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Faxion