Variables for separate ice paths

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by mikey1393drago, Feb 20, 2017.

1. mikey1393drago

mikey1393drago Dragon Fanatic Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Hey. I've still been trying to figure out how I can use variables to make my ice paths appear separately at each event, that the in-game 'Chill Relic' will magically reveal so the player can walk across before the time limit runs out.
    I understand the term 'variables', and have one event working in another game with three different variables that cause three different things to happen one after another.
    Below are my printscreens of this problem, with what it is I am hoping to achieve and the 'stills' for you guys to understand what it is I am trying to achieve.

All events that need sorting into variables (excluding the treasure chest events, and transfer event in the twelfth tile at the bottom line from the left corner)
    Ice maze.jpg

This is the event that works for all ice tiles without variables; this has no problem but is not what I want to achieve.
    Ice maze event (without variables).jpg

This one is completely wrong for what I want to achieve as it works the same way as the above printscreen; this one is what I need help on.
    Ice maze event (with variables).jpg

The below two are stills from in-game; before events are activated and after events are activated.
    Ice maze (gameplay take without ice).jpg

Ice maze (gameplay take with ice).jpg
    Hopefully the two 'in-game stills' give you an understanding as to what it is I am trying to avoid. If the player is facing in only one direction, I want only one path directly in front of them to appear then disappear after four seconds runs out.
    Oops. Just corrected the post.

The question; Is it possible to separate each of my events with variables? If so, can anyone please show me. Thanks.

I know switches work the same way, but with this amount, there will be way too many of them in my game data.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
  2. Trihan

Trihan Speedy Scripter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    So if I understand this right, if the player has the relic you want to show them the next piece of ice path if the player is beside it?

mikey1393drago likes this.
  3. mikey1393drago

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    In a way yes, but with the use of the action button all the ice in that one line is activated for four seconds. Have I cleared things up a little more?

4. Trihan

Trihan Speedy Scripter Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Ah, okay, so it reveals the full line of ice directly in front of the player's direction?

5. mikey1393drago

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Yes.

I know this idea works with switches, but as I previously mentioned; the amount of switches needed may lag the game or clog up the game data.