Variables in Comment event command?

Discussion in 'RGSSx Script Support' started by autophagy, Oct 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. autophagy

autophagy tank nerd Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hello!

It's me again, and I have another question. I was wondering if it's possible to make the interpreter read variables that I put into a comment in an event.

I would want to make it look like this:

[​IMG]

Except that the "(variable)" part would hold an actual variable that should give its value when the comment is read by the interpreter.

The reason why I need this is that I am using modernalgebra's composite characters script. To add a new graphic to an actor's sprite/face, you have to put a comment into an event. Now I want this to be dynamic and I already made a basic script that produces filenames and indices I need, but I don't know how to get this data into the comment. :/ I wish they had provided a script call instead.

The idea behind this is that when you equip something on an actor, it will depend on the actor's class how the equipment looks on them. Kinda needlessly complicated, I know, but it's what I need to do in my project.

Does anyone know how to do this or how to work around it? It would really help me a lot!  :)

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    You would need a mod to that script. Please post a link to it.

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

3. Celianna

Celianna Tileset artist Global Mod

First Language:
    Dutch
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Closed due to OP's request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.