Variables not changing like they should be

Discussion in 'RPG Maker VX Ace' started by Silent Darkness, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Silent Darkness

Silent Darkness Robomage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    This is a continuation of a problem alluded to in another thread ( http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/30634-record-how-many-steps-a-player-has-taken/ ) but I am making another thread since the problem i'm having now is not directly related to this, I don't think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I test out the following common event in VX Ace, the variables being manipulated here don't change, either using the method Andar mentioned in the forum thread above, or Zane's game_party.step_check method. I know the common event does actually start because the text box coded into the common event appears, but for some reason the variables don't change. Checked the F9 debug, both variables always stay at 0.

Any ideas?

2. Susan

Susan Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    No idea...
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I can't confirm this at this moment, but I feel that the first line of your event is wrong.

If I am not mistaken, setting the control switch 37 : vampcommon to off at the beginning of your parallel process will effectively end all subsequent processes.

The way you set up your variables related to $game_party.step_check seems a little off as well. I will need to clarify this first before commenting further on it.

Marsigne and Dalph like this.
  3. Ralpf

Ralpf Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I believe you are right, I would move that command to the very end and try it again.

4. Silent Darkness

Silent Darkness Robomage Veteran

First Language:
    English
    The $game_part.step_check is a custom script I got from Zane. It functions. Also, that seems to have done it. Thanks!