variables stuck at "or higher"

Discussion in 'RPG Maker 2000/2003' started by Syrup_is_not_a_doctor, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Syrup_is_not_a_doctor

Syrup_is_not_a_doctor Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    so a while ago i downloaded rpg maker 2k value, and ive been watching tutorials and reading different things, and im not sure how to fix this in my program, there is no drop down menu to change the "or higher" when i set a specific number. im not sure how to explain it so i took a screenshot. i cant figure out if ive just been dumb and missed something, or if theres a way for me to fix this, please help.

Attached Files:

2. Andar

Andar Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    German
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    the variable conditions will always be "or higher" and have been using that in every later version for technical reasons.
    if you want the page conditions to react to exact numbers you need to use multiple pages and page priority, basically making another event page with higher priority for the variable numbers that are higher.

3. Syrup_is_not_a_doctor

Syrup_is_not_a_doctor Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k
    oh ok, thank you so much!

4. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I really don't know much about 2K/2K3, but if they're anything like the later makers, you can check for a variable in a page condition (which will only allow "greater than or equal to") or you can check for it in the Conditional Branch event (or whatever that is called in your version of the engine). The conditional branch will allow you to check for other things like "less than", "equal to", etc.

If your tutorials are showing conditions other than "equal to or greater than", then they are using the Conditional Branch and not the event page conditions, so just make sure you're using the same thing, or you'll get really unexpected results.

5. Kamillo

Kamillo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    polish
    No XD.
    This really is other in RM2k3[​IMG]

All makers have only "or higher" option in event conditions, but 2k3 doing this better...

2k3 has best event system - just by such details.

PS: Generally I not understand people who use RM2k, one reason is only classical turn based battle system - but in RM2k3 system A and "wait atb" is a good compromise for classical battle system - and all other in this maker is only better - especially new method for render a full screen mode - so by this RM2k3 work OK in new (and in old - backward compatibility is preserved) OS.

caethyril and kaine like this.
  6. kaine

kaine Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Italian
    Primarily Uses:
    RM2k3
    Yep in 2k3 there are many more options than the later versions, for the events side.
    I honestly don't understand why many of these options have been removed.