Variables used within SHOW TEXT ??

Ancientspark74

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I searched for this but could not find it... how do I make an NPC use a variable within SHOW TEXT fluid with

a sentence?   Like..  "You must have X of this item to pass"  where X  is actually an in-game variable?

Thanks to all who help!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Please refer to the help file for the text codes - the code \v mentioned above (to display a variable) is only one of a dozen different text codes, and if you don't know about \v then you probably don't know any of the others either

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You could also find this out simply by adding a Show Text command and holding your mouse over the input area for a while.  A popup will appear showing all the default combinations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I should have looked for this earlier....

It makes MV only need OGG files, and it fixes the audio lag issue. :LZSexcite:
Battle of the original characters! my main character for my game vs. my friend's main character of his comic...
A video game has a brand attached to it.
No offence meant, but it is disadvantageous to use the default RM graphics due to the fact that they can correlate your game strongly to other RM games and whatever associations a user has with those unrelated games.
Exhaustion sickness hitting me again near deadline whyyyy (sobs)
thats it, i 've had it, I will NOT promote my game as a "retro RPG" when its done, i have in the past but it is literally the first thing on every rpg maker game description to the point that you'd think the sales pitch came with the RTP. I refuse to use that angle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piratestorm787