Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
TP Control v1.1
Drakkonis

Introduction
This plugin allows you to customize the built-in TP system into pre-defined resource styles, and then assign those styles to actors, classes, and enemies. This allows you to easily have multiple different combat styles without having to event or script any differences from the default standard for each battler with a non-standard system.

For each style, there are a number of parameters you can set, and any that are left blank will behave as they otherwise would. This means you only have to set what actually will be different from the normal setup.

UPDATE:
With update version 1.1, TP Control now requires Drak Plugin Core. Download that plugin and put it above this one.

Features
-Set up a custom 2nd resource mechanic using TP as a base, modified with your own code. This allows you to still use any TP settings in the database.
-Set up multiple styles, and then assign a style to a battler or actor class.
-Set up custom colors for the name, value, and gauge. The value color can even be set to change when full, empty, or low.
-Allows TP costs to appear side-by-side with MP costs, if both are above 0.

How to Use
Save the plugin to a file name "Drak_TP_Control.js" and install like any other plugin. Styles are set up in the parameters, you can make as many as you like. To assign a style to a battler or a class, simply write <Style:X> in the relevant notebox, where X is the name you set in the parameters. A style assigned to a class will override any style set to an actor, and only one style can be set on a battler at a time.

Most of the "meat" of this plugin relies heavily on user-written code, similar to Yanfly or VisuStella's "Lunatic Mode". The more unique from the default TP system you want your style to be, the more code you'll need to write. Therefore this plugin assumes that you have enough JavaScript skill to get your mechanic working. Otherwise, changing names and colors is about all you can do without coding.

Due to the code changes for cost displays in skill windows, this plugin is most likely incompatible with VisuStella's Skills plugin. I believe compatibility can be achieved by deleting the 3 Window_SkillList functions in my plugin. The only functionality you're likely to fully lose by doing this is having the TP cost of the skill not using the name or color defined in the TP style. If you're not using more than one style, or all styles are using the same color for the style's name, you can adjust the settings in VS' plugin to get the color you wanted.

Plugin Commands / Script Calls
This plugin currently doesn't have any plugin commands, but the script call "Drak.TPC.getStyle(battler)" will return the style the passed battler has. This can be used for conditional checks and such.

Download
TP Style Control
Copy the text to a file and name it "Drak_TP_Control.js". If you don't set the right name it won't work.

Terms and Credits
This plugin is free to use in any project, commercial and otherwise. Credit Drakkonis if used.

Miscellaneous
This should hopefully cover most, if not all, of a mechanic's requirements as far as customizability. But the number of unique mechanic ideas is at LEAST roughly equal to the number of game devs, so I'm sure I didn't think of everything someone might want a custom TP system to do. As such, I imagine there's plenty of growth potential for this plugin.

I welcome all feedback, whether bug reports, feature requests, or spots where devs might be likely to want custom code ran to support their mechanics. I attempted to get most places I could think of that such considerations could be commonly desired. This means that the more "out there" a mechanic is, the less likely this plugin can easily accommodate it.

I also think it could be interesting for people to share some styles they make, either to show off or inspire others. I know I'd certainly LOVE to see what people who use this plugin come up with.

Last edited:

tinkie99

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wanted to test it out to see what it does but.. xd heck got no clue :D

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I wanted to test it out to see what it does but.. xd heck got no clue :D
Fixed it. It was a simple thing that I forgot I needed. Didn't notice it in my own testing because other plugins had what it was looking for and I had forgotten to turn them off, since they didn't have anything to do with this plugin. That's my bad. The link has been updated with that issue fixed. Thanks for letting me know!

tinkie99

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Fixed it. It was a simple thing that I forgot I needed. Didn't notice it in my own testing because other plugins had what it was looking for and I had forgotten to turn them off, since they didn't have anything to do with this plugin. That's my bad. The link has been updated with that issue fixed. Thanks for letting me know!
Alright gotcha already thought it was my bad that I was messing up some haha thanks dude

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@tinkie99, please avoid double posting, as it is against the forum rules. You can use the "Edit" function on your posts to add additional information you've forgotten or respond to multiple people. You can review our forum rules here. Thank you.

Actually it's a triple post. Just use the edit button.

Drakkonis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yh it crashes with all my characters except for the mc it seems
So sorry, I didn't see that there had been new posts in this thread! I was getting ready to post an update when I saw that this thread had new posts I hadn't seen!

Without more information, I found a possible spot where that could be happening, so I THINK I've fixed it.

With this new version, this plugin now requires my Plugin Core. If you don't want to use my Core and just use the older version, find in your copy of TP Control the function drawSkillCost. In that function, find the line
JavaScript:
s.shortName ? l = s.shortName : l = "TP"
and change it to
JavaScript:
s && s.shortName ? l = s.shortName : l = "TP"

Let me know if that fixed it. If it doesn't, let me know that too. There's only two spots where "shortName" is used, so it's not like it should be too hard to track down the problem. :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Screenshot-2021-05-02-at-15-07-54.png

Tivadar will help you travel to distant places in Eniko: Ghosts Of Grace

Finally done with the school project, here's the raw video of it. o_O :smile:
Can February March? No, but April May.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
youraverageforumuser