ShinyRedUmbreon

Wannabe-Animator + Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm looking for a script that can vary amounts of HP recovered from skills and items, so that it isn't a fixed amount every time.

Items seem to always give the same amount of HP each time, and so does skills.

Here's an example.

Eric goes to his inventory menu and gets 3 potions, using them all(the potion recovers about 500 HP, according to the description of the item). He gains 498, 501, 502 HP from those 3 potions, instead of 500, 500, 500 like it would in the default engine.

Is there a script that already does this? Because I can't find it, even with quick Google searches.

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You can achieve this just by the item itself. Normal healing items in VX Ace have an Effect like Heal 500 HP. However, if you use the damage formula box, you can set a specific amount or use a formula. The main point is the Variance found underneath the Formula box. Therefore, with a 20 variance, if the Heal item healed for 100, it would actually heal between 80 -120.

HealingItem.PNG

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You just need to set the variance in the editor.
On the item screen for potion is is set to recover hp 500.
Delete that and use damage type hp recover.

*Ninja'd by an actual ninja, nice. At least I went out properly. @NinjaKittyProductions

ShinyRedUmbreon

Wannabe-Animator + Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh I see. I was being a complete dummy. Thanks you two!

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

-Updated- Lowered fog / found more problems :kaoswt2:
6 more weeks of this nutty semester. Then maybe I'll have time to game make. After I curl up and sleep for a day or two that is.
Wondering how big I can make Dorothy's skill menu before the game just becomes irredeemably bad.
Studio Blue is playing the RPG Maker game Phil Alone live now! Phil may be alone, but you don't have to be, come join us in chat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
718346584zy