Various Issues With Settings/Preferences

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Hello all! I've been having these two issues for some time now, and I'm hoping I might be able to get some help with them.

1.) I have been told that when users try to change the settings in the game, they do not save. The settings instead revert to the default when launching it again. How can I make it so changes to settings stay after they are made?

2.) The default menu sliders are turning out to be a regular source of confusion for players. Many try to click (as one would expect to be able to do) rather than click and DRAG (as VN Maker expects you to do). Is there a way to change them to be points you can click on, and how would I go about doing that specifically? I can work out the UI to match more or less, but the coding part is something else.

Kentou

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
Hi, my apologies for the late reply.

1.) I have been told that when users try to change the settings in the game, they do not save. The settings instead revert to the default when launching it again. How can I make it so changes to settings stay after they are made?
I am not able to reproduce that with the current version of VN Maker. If ever get that kind of issue, please send us your game and project files so we can investigate and reproduce the issue on our side.

2.) The default menu sliders are turning out to be a regular source of confusion for players. Many try to click (as one would expect to be able to do) rather than click and DRAG (as VN Maker expects you to do). Is there a way to change them to be points you can click on, and how would I go about doing that specifically? I can work out the UI to match more or less, but the coding part is something else.
I will note that so we can improve that with a future update. I am not sure if there is a quick solution available, can you tell me which kind of UI you are using? The Scripted/Built-in one or the Scene-based one?

Archeia

Level 99 Demi-fiend
Developer
Reaction score
First Language
Filipino
Primarily Uses
VNM
I will note that so we can improve that with a future update. I am not sure if there is a quick solution available, can you tell me which kind of UI you are using? The Scripted/Built-in one or the Scene-based one?
He's talking about this aspect of the UI:
upload_2018-11-20_14-58-57.png

The dots are supposed to be clickable but instead VNM expects you to drag the diamond towards the points.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Quon is watching you
Quon blessed your good efforts
I have tried, several times to understand how Markiplier is popular. You can't deny his popularity. I can only get through a few minutes of his vids, though. He's cringier than ANY cringe comp I've ever watched. When I was a kid, if you acted like that, 0 friends and 100% no dates for you. Times have changed XD
Sometimes you may feel helpless and defeated. But everyone loses from time to time. It's okay to be tired. Take a breather. Have a good cry if you need to. You gotta take breaks from your workout, or you'll collapse before you can get stronger.
So, my roommates wrote a news article in English, translated it into Bengali with google translate and now I'm helping them fix the monstrosity which was the result. Making English the medium of education is fine... but not to an extent that we forget how to write properly in our own language :")
Stream will be live shortly with some more Minecraft spriting! Feel free to drop by~

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stunner345