Vivalin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Hello.

Like the title suggests, I need help to make it possible to have various sound effects for different items in the game I'm making.
I don't have much experience with the programs (the one I'm currently using; RPG Maker VX Ace) - it's always been fun poking around with the different programs, as well as their preset menus, but this would be my first real attempt of trying to make a functioning game. That said; my experience with scripts are also therefore very lacking.

The only thing I could find was Galv's Item/Equip Sound Effects V.1.0 script. The problem for me is that I'm a simpleton and do not understand the script command for choosing an item and adding a certain soundeffect to that. Can someone please educate me?

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP

I've moved this thread to RGSS Script Support. Thank you.

It might help if you post a link to the script you're using. :)

Vivalin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
[move]RGSS Script Support[/move]

It might help if you post a link to the script you're using. :)

Ah, maybe I wasn't clear enough; I'm not using a script, I'm asking/looking for one.
Or if someone that have used the script I'm was referring to could tell/show me how they made it work.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The instructions in that script are really clear. The only thing I can think of is that you don't know how to notetag.
If so, do this...

open your editor and look at your weapons.
on the bottom right of the screen is a whitespace.
the title of that space is 'note'
in that space you would put the line provided by Galv.

<se: "se_name",volume,pitch>

the quotes are for the name of the sound effect file
the volume is how loud you want it to play - 1 to 100
the pitch is an adjustment to the tone. the lower the deeper the sound, the higher the more chipmunk the sound. 50-150

<se: "Heal7",100,100>

Vivalin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
The instructions in that script are really clear. The only thing I can think of is that you don't know how to notetag.
If so, do this...

open your editor and look at your weapons.
on the bottom right of the screen is a whitespace.
the title of that space is 'note'
in that space you would put the line provided by Galv.

<se: "se_name",volume,pitch>

the quotes are for the name of the sound effect file
the volume is how loud you want it to play - 1 to 100
the pitch is an adjustment to the tone. the lower the deeper the sound, the higher the more chipmunk the sound. 50-150

<se: "Heal7",100,100>

That would be correct. I'm new when it comes to notetags.
I do know where to copy-paste the script as well as the name/volume/pitch, but thank you.

What I don't get is how to notetag a certain item to a certain sound. Writing out <"heal59",100,100> doesn't do me any good if I can't combined that sound with a item of my choice. Is it clearer now what I'm after..?

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
You write that out in the notetag of the item you want the sound effect applied to

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Ah, maybe I wasn't clear enough; I'm not using a script, I'm asking/looking for one.
Or if someone that have used the script I'm was referring to could tell/show me how they made it work.
You were clear enough. I was just saying that linking to Galv's script might be easier for people to help you. But it doesn't seem to be necessary in this case.

Sixth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hungarian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Writing out <"heal59",100,100> doesn't do me any good if I can't combined that sound with a item of my choice.
Writing that wouldn't do any good anyway, since you forgot the se: part from it. :p

You add that note to the note-box of the item/weapon/armor/skill you want to have that SE.
The note-box is in the database editor, bottom right corner.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
A picture is a thousand words?

se weapon.PNG

Vivalin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Writing that wouldn't do any good anyway, since you forgot the se: part from it. :p

You add that note to the note-box of the item/weapon/armor/skill you want to have that SE.
The note-box is in the database editor, bottom right corner.

While I was sitting by my computer, trying to solve it I was writing out the se part as well - can't really make a mistake when you copy-paste **** from a gut that knows what he is doing. But thank you for pointing it out :)
Here I was answering through my phone and clearly crappy memory.

I did try that as well, but I don't think with Galv's script. I'll try it later. Thank you very much.

Vivalin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
So here's an update; the script works the way you guys suggested, but only if I start a new project with no other scripts. So the problem I'm having is that another script I'm using is excluding the new one (Galv's). I'll poke around with it for now and see what I'll do further ahead.
Thank you all so much for your patience and help.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Some people have too strong of an opinion about what maker is the best, I've seen discussions like:
- I prefer VXAce because I like the style of the RTP better than the older releases
- You're worse than Hitler
My number one take away from this game jam is to make small games that are as polished and bug free as possible. Far less dev time, and if the game flops, it matters less because my time investment is much lower. Also, whatever ambitions I have... aim for about 10% of them. They are clearly too high, and will involve stuff that likely won't matter.
I'm finally back! :kaojoy:
A lot of RL issues happened this year which didn't let me work on Aithne as much, but I am back with new inspiration!
In that time my art style also changed a little, so I'll be doing a small art change with busts/menu art
Ops forgot to fix the hand on the weaponless sprite o_O
opening old GIMP files is a blessing and a curse because it can be fun to look at art you started once upon a time and want to finish BUT come to a total halt when you remember your past self forgot to create separate layers for most files

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Khitai