Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[VDGR] Aspect Ratio v1.31
by VardogrWorks

Introduction

Ever been annoyed by how the default RPGMaker MV window doesn’t enforce the game’s aspect ratio, causing ugly-looking, unprofessional black bars to appear on the sides? Well, worry no more – the Aspect Ratio plugin for RPGMaker MV is here!

Note: This only works for games deployed for desktop (nwjs).

Features
Enforces the aspect ratio of the game window.

Screenshots

How to Use
Install as normal and turn it on - there are no options that need to be configured.

Download
https://vardogr.me/product/aspect-ratio/

License
Creative Commons ShareAlike 4.0 International

Credit
- VardogrWorks

Last edited:

Vardogr

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
=======================
Latest Updates
=======================

Updated to version 1.31:

The code has been cleaned up a big, and performance improved - it now works pretty much exactly how I think it 'should' work as far as the user experience goes. I took some time to test it with some other plugins (such as Yanfly Core) and it works well. It shouldn't have any compatibility issues with other plugins.

=======================
Previous Changes
=======================

Updated to version 1.2:

Changed the initial app resize to happen on window.onload instead of at Scene_Boot. This should help with compatibility with certain other plugins that rely on the scene's size to be set BEFORE Scene_Boot.

Updated to version 1.1:

Resizing the window should generally be much less 'glitchy' looking. The resizing behavior has been changed to set the width(or height) of the window to the LARGEST of the two dimensions - this should result in much more 'intuitive' window sizing. Also, when the game window is maximized (this is different than fullscreen), the plugin will not attempt to keep the aspect ratio, since this isn't really possible without stretching.

Last edited:

0zuma

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I wish this would also work on fullscreen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

X[ oh gawd.... I dropped my super expensive laptop on my hard tile floor! It still comes on and all, but now Im worried its gunna start screwing up in the near future.... I hope not, cant afford to replace stuff like that. :(
I wrote a nice animated preloading system for mv+mz today. It only supports graphic assets atm, should it support audio too? See it in action in my recent minigame @
I posted my first commercial game on the forums, and now waiting for approval.
fingers crossed.
TMW the air quality is so bad, your hair changes color every time you wash it. :LZYyuck:
Finished two animations today. :kaojoy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gesonel