VE - Action Resistance

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

The Action Resistance plugin allows to create effects that protects against specific actions. Different from the default resistances that can be applied to elements, and physical/magical damage, this one can be applied directly to item and skills, item types and skill types and also elements. You can also setup flat reduction values.

Download:
Victor Engine - Action Resistance

Credits:
Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited by a moderator:

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Nice script. So this is perfectly useable to create a Fireward accessory that nullifies fire elemental attacks for example?

Targaryen

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Eu te amo muito Victor x''D Great job!

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Nice script. So this is perfectly useable to create a Fireward accessory that nullifies fire elemental attacks for example?
Yes. Although elemental immunity can be acheived with the database settings. You can reduce the elemental damage by X with this one, or make immunity to a group of attacks (Imminity to black magic for example)

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I noticed something in your file where you say:

Setting elemental resistance by a % value is different from setting them on

on the database. This setting is applied before the resistance, so it will

not be additive.
I was a little confused by this. I know now what you mean, but when I first saw this plugin and read the instructions, it made me think that the resistances from the notetags wouldn't be added together. But they do get added together, it's just the calculations are separate from the default resistance calculation. 

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I noticed something in your file where you say:

I was a little confused by this. I know now what you mean, but when I first saw this plugin and read the instructions, it made me think that the resistances from the notetags wouldn't be added together. But they do get added together, it's just the calculations are separate from the default resistance calculation. 

For example:

Your skill deal 1000 fire damage. You have +50% fire resistance from the plugin and 50% fire resistance from database.

The script processe both resistance separatedely. First you have the plugin resist reducind the damage by 50% (the damage goes down to 500) and then comes the database 50% resistance (reducing the 500 remaining damage to 250).

In other words. if you have 50% resist from the plugin and 50% resist from the database, you will not have 100% resistance.

Now the resistances provided by the plugin is stackable. So, two 50% resistance given by the plugin will result in a 100% resistance.

Anyway, looking back at it, it's really a bit confusing, i will rewrite it better later.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth