VE - Active Time Battle

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Victor Sant, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Victor Sant

Victor Sant Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This plugin changes the turn management of battles. The default turn based system is replaced by an active time system, where the order of actions are decided by individual time gauges.

Download:
    Victor Engine - Active Time Battle

Credits:
    Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited: May 16, 2017
  2. kovak

kovak Silverguard Veteran

First Language:
    PT - EN
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    That's fukin OP

Does your battle status window plugin will have support for the ATB bar?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2016
  3. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese

Code:
     *  - Active Time Battle and VE - Battle Status Window
     *  If using the plugin 'VE - Battle Status Window', you can use a script code
     *  to display the ATB Gauges on the battle status window. Use the following code 
     *  on one of the fields for 'Custom Codes':
     *    this.drawActorAtb(actor, rect.x, rect.y, index);

kovak likes this.
  4. Asuras

Asuras Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Will the single ATB Bar be included or will we have to make our own?

5. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Since it's not a vital component of the plugin (it is just an opitional feature) I won't be poviding it.

6. Asuras

Asuras Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Is there a particular height and width it needs to be? and the placement of the wait and active section? 

7. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese
    No it can be any size you want.

And the placement of the wait and active section are based on the Bar width setup.

Code:
     *  - ATB Bar Width
     *  Even though you will need an image for the Bar display, the plugin does not
     *  use the image size to define the size of the ATB. Instead you have to set the
     *  width value on the plugin parameter 'ATB Bar Width'. There are two values
     *  that can be set: the normal width and the cast width. Adding those two will
     *  give the total width of the bar. The normal width is used while the battler
     *  is waiting the ATB to will while it's not casting a skill. The cast width
     *  section is used when the battler is casting a skill. If the action used don't
     *  have cast time. it will skip the casting width and go to the end of the bar.
     *  You can set the casting width to 0, this way the casting area will not be
     *  used and even skills with cast will use the normal width area.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  8. DoubleX

DoubleX Just a nameless weakling Veteran

First Language:
    Chinese
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I've just noticed that Action Times + doesn't work for actors with actions inputted by players, but still works for enemies and autobattle/confused actors.

I think it's because of BattleManager.selectNextAtbCommand:

BattleManager.selectNextAtbCommand = function() {
    if (this.actor()) {
    this.setupAction(this.actor());
    }
    this.clearActor();
    };

Let's say the Action Times + of an actor is 100%. In the default RMMV battle system, it'll mean that actor has 2 action slots per turn9Technically speaking, the size of Game_Battler.prototype._actions is 2).

The intended behavior is that, players should be able to input 2 actions for that actor at once.

But right now, as calling BattleManager.setupAction will close the actor command window of that actor due to calling BattleManager.clearActor, and cause the actor to become not inputable due to Game_Battler.prototype.isCasting becoming to return true, players have no way to input more than 1 action for the same actor at once.

I've tested the below code and it seems to me that it can fix the issue so far(without any other plugin other than the basic module), provided that it's indeed a bug:

BattleManager.selectNextAtbCommand = function() {
    if (this.actor()) {
    if (!this.actor().selectNextCommand()) {
    this.setupAction(this.actor());
    this.clearActor();
    }
    }
    };

It's because the actions will only be setup, and the currently inputting actor will only be cleared, after that actor has inputted all actions by players.

Victor Sant likes this.
  9. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @DoubleX

Thanks for that, this was one of the things that I made sure to make work at the early stages of development but at the I forgot to check if it was still working.

DoubleX likes this.
  10. Oscar92player

Oscar92player Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Hi there, Victor! I commented before in your blog about one question I have with this plugin, but I think is more easy to explain here in the forum.

I know that this isn’t a bug, but you know if is possible to add the option to rename the “Full Wait”, “Semi Wait”, “Semi Active” and “Full Active” for the Options menu through the Plugin Parameters? Because the only way to do this is editing the names inside the plugin, and it’s a little confusing to do (and it could cause problems if the plugin it's updated in the future, erasing all the changes).

Thanks in advance!

Victor Sant likes this.
  11. killerfer

killerfer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Victor Sant

Hello Victor. I think this plugin is messing with the movement sequence of the Battle Motions plugin. My actors were running to the enemies alright, but if I activate the ATB plugin they go to the enemies with the "idle" motion. I am using the latest update of both plugins.

12. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @killerfer

This is strange, I didn't such issues in any of my testings with the ATB and Battle Motions. Wich other plugins are you using, also this happen even with only the battle motions and atb?

13. killerfer

killerfer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Victor Sant

I did test in a empty project with just your plugins. I'm using the fighter sprite from vibrato (http://p3x774.web.fc2.com/). Made a project with just Basic Engine, Battle Motions, Battler Graphic Setup and Active Time Battle. Works fine when ATB plugin is off.

14. CoolWill1984

CoolWill1984 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I keep running into an issue with this plugin. Sometimes when a character is killed I become unable to select any actions for anyone. The ATB bar fills up for the characters but the command window never pops up. I am only running the basic module and Active Time Battle.

15. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I never got such error, it is completely random or there is some kind of pattern or condition that makes this happen?

16. CoolWill1984

CoolWill1984 Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    It happens whenever the person who has the command window open  is killed. I have the basic module plugin on top followed by the active time battle plugin. The active time plugin is set on full active. Whenever it is someones turn to select a command if they are killed while the command window is open, the command window disappears and doesn't

return. Meanwhile the enemy is still active. I just tried this on a fresh project and still get the same problem.

I would like to add I get the same problem when it is somebodies turn to select a command and they get put to sleep as well as if they get paralyzed.

Basically anything that make you unable to act.

Hoping this isn't a hard fix since I really can't work on fights at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2016
    Victor Sant likes this.
  17. 4mroth

4mroth Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Victor, your plugins are solid. Good help text and easy to use parameters. Thanks, man.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017