Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
"- Command Pictures

You can display pictures exclusive for each actor on the actor command window.

The face graphic is set either with a notetag or with event plugin commands.

You can adjust the images offset with the parameters 'Picture Offset X' and

'Picture Offset Y'.

The image graphic should be placed on the folder 'img/pictures/'"

When you say that it means that if i want an image to appear in front of the "Attack" command of an specific actor it has to be named like "actor1[Attack]"? Can i have a single image for each command if all my actors has the same commands?

How can i make the command window appear in front of the actor?

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
it's not picture for each command, it is a pciture for each actor. Like the last example on the video showing the cover character pictures.

The icons on the video were placed using the plugin Control Text and the escape code \i[X].You can't assign a exclusive picture for each command.

To make the window position relative to the actor, you need to use the actor index on the window offset positions. for example, '600 + index * 32'

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
funny thing is that the window command becomes stuck on the corner of the screen now no matter how much i raise the values when i use your formula.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
in wich parameter you're using that?

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
both height and width, if i use a fix value on one of them the other will stay on the edge of the screen

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
it's not the height, it's the offset that changes the position. can you post a screenshot of your setup?

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Don't use quotations on the code. The code is evaluated and it the game thinks it's a string text.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
should i be afraid if the window appear in another place or not appear to other actors?

it appears for the 2nd actor, the 1st one appears on the corner of the screen and for the 3rd it doesn't appear.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
With the setup you made, you're only changing the X coordinate, not the Y, also, with a value of 700, the last window is probably offscreen. You should experiment the values, increasing and decreasing them as you need. You will need a lof of trial and error to find a good position.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i see, i'm giving some shots here, but i wanted the screen to change position according to the battler and on the way i'm doing this it's changing according to the HUD...i guess.

Could i use something like:'Graphics.boxWidth - 216 + index * 32'? I've found this wile lurkin YEP battle engine core

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
As long the value returned is numeric, you can use whatever value you want. Also, take a look on the plugin help, there are some values that can be used, for example, don't need to use 'Graphics.boxWidth', the plugin allows you to use only 'boxWidth'.

kovak

Silverguard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
PT - EN
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It worked, now the window change position on the way i wanted.
All i need now is to get used to your Control Text to add icons to each command.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Do you know how I can get the command window to be like the one shown at around the 1:00 mark? Maybe get it over the actor's head?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Do you know how I can get the command window to be like the one shown at around the 1:00 mark? Maybe get it over the actor's head?
The position is how I just explaned to Kovak, just add the index on the window offset value.

now the layout is more complicated, it requires to change the active offset, content background and the icons are added with the Control Text plugin.

ChaoticShadow

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am using the Yanfly Row Formation plugin. Is it possible to retrieve the active actor's current row for the command window location? For instance through the battler.row() script that Yanfly gives? I tried using $gameActors.actor[index].battler.row() but I'm pretty sure that this is the wrong script code.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I don't know how the row plugin operates so there is not much info I can give you about that. But one thing I can say: you need the actor X/Y position, not it's row.

LuccaB

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello!

Just started up RPG Maker MV 2-3 days ago (Not new to RPG Maker in general). I'm trying to get used to tweaking the settings on plugins. I ran into a slight issue that I cannot seem to locate and resolve regarding the position of the target selection windows while I was trying to utilize this plugin.

I attached 2 screenshots of 2 overlapping issues I can't seem to find in order to fix them:

Howtofix1.png

This pops up during a healing command, I need that window to move to the right so its not overlapping.

That same can be said of this one:Howtofix2.png

Any thoughts would be a great help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I keep forgetting how much I hate how VX-MV implements fences and autotile tables.
Big 10:40 composition of mine! I'll be using this for a big city in my current project! This track is huge, and took me one entire month of full time work to complete. If you want more info, like on the lyrics, check out this thread.
Balancing the Damage numbers in my Game's Battle System makes me feel like I'm some kind of a Math Genius @_@
Remember, you can enter up to THREE effects for a chance to win a copy of MZ! Only 11 submissions so far, the chances of winning is high! :D https://itch.io/jam/elfkisser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooglerampage