VE - Battler Graphic Setup

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This plugin allows you to setup battlers that have different models than the RPG Maker MV default. You can have animated enemies, static actors and use charsets as battlers. You can even setup animated graphics that follows a different model, with more frames and motions.

Download:
Victor Engine - Battler Graphic Setup

Credits:
Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
Sorry to bother yourself Victor. I want to use characters for enemies but it does not appear. I used the "!" Prefix before the enemy name but all i got is a shadow. I need to configure something else? Thanks you very much

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
There was a small typo on the plugin. It was supposed to use the index 0 for charset if no index was set. but it was not.

you can update the plugin, I fixed it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Windies

Earth Bound
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You sir have made my day and my new spirte editing alot easier.

thankyou for this great mod

keep up the good work

windies

exel.exe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
hey looks neat and clean bro!, exellent plugin, if you want a custom sprite sheet with more frames i can send you one of my "animated prototypes" for your upcoming video, i make them on spriter and have more fluid frames.

Bone Guy_entity_000_Stand.gif

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Wow, this one is nice. If you can share them I would gladly accept. There will be a future plugin that will be about batter movements and having one with a fluid animation will be nice.

exel.exe

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
español
Primarily Uses
Of course! if you want to send me a brief description or reference image to make one exclusively for you.  :D

or just wait a little more because im working on a couple right now. Cheers

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Your Actor/Animated Battlers combo was one of my favorite scripts for Ace, so I'm really glad to see you bringing it to MV.

Also, I have to point out I really like the option to use charsets, it was getting pretty tiresome to copy/paste the same frames into MV sideveiw layout.

Castagna

Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
This is awesome! but I'm having problems using this with DreamX_CaptureEnemies (you can add more times the same actor in your team)

what can I do to use them both? :/

this is the error I'm getting

screenshot.66.jpg

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
This error message is not useful as it don't give any info about the source of the error (it says "why", but don't say "where"). Without the console error message (press F8 during test play) it's hard to find out the source of the error.

Although i might have an idea. The battler setup check for the original $dataActors and $dataEnemies object to get it's property and the other plugin is not returning them properly. If this proves to be the issue, then you will have to ask the DreamX to fix that.

Anyway I will only know if the error is this when you post the console message.

Also, provide a link to the plugin. The less time I have to spend searching for it, the more likely that I will look into it.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This is awesome! but I'm having problems using this with DreamX_CaptureEnemies (you can add more times the same actor in your team)

what can I do to use them both? :/

this is the error I'm getting

View attachment 33206
The latest version should be compatible with VictorSant's plugin now.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I've noticed that using more frames view the image notes doesn't work. I've tested [5,18,3,0,true] and only the top of the sprite is displayed.

I've also tested [3,18,3,0,true] with one of the RTP sprite sheets (Actor1_1) and got the same problem. I believe it has to do with var ch in updateFrameSetup. I've also tested Holder's battler style sheets with [4,14,1,0,false], and (even after adjusting the motion indexes correctly, including starting at 1 instead of 0), the attack (swing) doesn't appear correctly. I'm using Yanfly's Core Engine/BattleEngineCore and your Core Engine and this plugin.

Castagna

Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
Solved, you both are amazing! Thanks  BD

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@DreamX The plugin was updated, check if you still have those issues.

HintonR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Victor. 

Was testing out the Battle Setup Plugin some more, it seemed like it crashes when exiting from Yanfly's Party Menu during a battle.

Battle Party.png

Thanks 

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I've followed the video instructions to the best of my ability and tried everything I could think of... all I'm getting is this flashing back and forth when using Holder's.... I tried plugging in the numbers for the default side view battler and using a default side view battler and it looked fine... what am I missing.

Capture.PNG

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Post a screenshot of your setup. there is no way for me to know what is wrong if you don't show it.

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Alright, so I installed into a new project, just in case. Here is my defaults, I guess

VEsettings.PNG

The rest of the motion setup is the same as the video example.

So, the confusion, I suppose is what to do next. What is happening is when I run a battle it is acting like the script isn't even there. Do I need to note tag the file name?

I tried just selecting the image here

ex.PNG

thinking it would default. When that didn't work I tried these parameters with "Easy" being the filename:

notetag.PNG

I tried a few other things, like deleting the [, direction: x] parameters and that's probably enough for you to know what I'm doing wrong. Thanks for you time, sir. I hope it's no bother.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

What can I sing for my sisters birthday...?

>.<'
Well, I'll have you know that I'm still around, looking for opportunity to resurface with some stuffs.
I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:
Stream will be live shortly with some more Haunting Ground! Today, we encounter a new stalker! Feel free to drop by!
Tried the new Samsung Galaxy S20 Plus today. Very nice device overall, but flagship smartphone prices are getting completely out of control.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thisistheyoshi