Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Ashouse

I've made a small fix on the plugin, that for some reason wasn't recognizing some setups. Update the plguin and see if it now works properly.

Also, don't use brackets on the setup, the brackets are there just show that those values are optional.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
IT's WORKING! oh Thank you, thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry, I get a little excited)

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to use charsets for my actors in battle and I get this error:

asdas.png

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a feature request. (or maybe it already does this and I'm missing it) Is there any way to use a different file for a different animation? For example: Using one file that just has one strip of eight frames for walking, while the rest falls back to default?... or one file with a four frame attack, one file with eight frames of walking and one file with ten frames of gaurding?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I'm trying to use charsets for my actors in battle and I get this error:

As your image shows, the source of the error are probably other plugins (and seems that you are using a lot)

There is no way for me to track issues like that, You will need to find out wich plugin exactly is causing that. And also post your setup.

I have a feature request. (or maybe it already does this and I'm missing it) Is there any way to use a different file for a different animation? For example: Using one file that just has one strip of eight frames for walking, while the rest falls back to default?... or one file with a four frame attack, one file with eight frames of walking and one file with ten frames of gaurding?

Not needed, this is what the 'frames' setup on the notetag is for. If you want a model with variable number of frames, assign a different number of frames for each motion:

Celsius - Cópia.png

for example the idle, guard and attack motions

idle: index: 1, loop: true, speed: 12, frames: 4

guard: index: 4, loop: true, speed: 12, frames: 1

attack: index: 7, loop: false, speed: 12, frames: 7

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
As your image shows, the source of the error are probably other plugins (and seems that you are using a lot)

There is no way for me to track issues like that, You will need to find out wich plugin exactly is causing that. And also post your setup.

View attachment 34961

for example the idle, guard and attack motions

idle: index: 1, loop: true, speed: 12, frames: 4

guard: index: 4, loop: true, speed: 12, frames: 1

attack: index: 7, loop: false, speed: 12, frames: 7

Not needed, this is what the 'frames' setup on the notetag is for. If you want a model with variable number of frames, assign a different number of frames for each motion:

After disabling Yanfly's YEP_X_ActSeqPack2, the plugin works. 

fdafafaf.png

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

moldy

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Victor, are you able to figure out why the script was not getting along with Yanfly's Action Sequence 2? :)

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Victor, are you able to figure out why the script was not getting along with Yanfly's Action Sequence 2? :)

Didn't test yet, i will check that only after i'm done with the current plugin i'm working on. Although there was an update on the Basic Module that might solve the issue.

HintonR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello Victor,

Getting this crash every time I have a 'state' change in the Menu Screen. Like Antidotes or Raise or even Reduced Encounter. Any change in state while done in the field menu is causing this crash.

Thank you.

View attachment 35659

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@HintonR

This error is caused by one of the (dozen) plugins you're using that tries to retrieve the battler sprite outside of battle. I added a failsafe for that on the latest basic module, since people don't stop trying to get battler sprite data outside of battle.

Anyway, please, don't post reports like those, make your test on a clean project if the issue is caused by VE plugins alone.

If it's a compatibility issue, find out wich plugin is causing that. I will try to solve compatibility people find, but I will not search for them myself.

HintonR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Victor Sant

Hey, Sorry. Will do in the future... I just saw that it was pulling errors from your plugins first so maybe it was an internal issue.
Anyway, with a little of trial and error, I moved the plugin up in the list and all things seem fine now...

Thank you.

HintonR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

@Victor Sant

Hi Victor,

I isolated a couple things about this plugin. It has a compatibility issue with YEP_BattleEngineCore.

As stated earlier, if placed AFTER said plugin, the game will crash upon changing states in the Field Menu.
When placed BEFORE, the game no longer crashes, but the character animations have stopped completely.

Thanks.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@HintonR

I suspected it was the Battle Engine Core, someone else reported issues with other plugin after some of it's recent updates. So the update basically made the patches i made for compatibility useless  :distrust:

This is why i don't like making compatibility patches, the original author updates his code and there goes my work on the patch to the trash can and I have to do it again.

Don't expect anything about it anytime soon. I won't change my plans whenever someone else uptade their plugins.

HintonR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Victor Sant

No worries man. That kind of stuff can always get disheartening. Take it easy, and I hope you're still having fun! Hahaha.

P.S. - I was checking out your old work and boy, your moving\active platform events script looks so delicious. Bahaha.

Take care.

Nanaki_Fan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
This looks great! I have a question though:

- Can it do VxAce sprites? I am in the middle of converting my game over to MV and I use alot of sprites in my Ace battle system but MV is lacking in these....

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This looks great! I have a question though:

- Can it do VxAce sprites? I am in the middle of converting my game over to MV and I use alot of sprites in my Ace battle system but MV is lacking in these....

It most certainly can, but if you don't have actual battle sprites you my be a little disapointed with the results (they dont swing their arm with the sword, or stab with the spear due to the animation just not being there). If all you need is just a visual representation, then go for it. In any case give it a try, all it will cost you is a little time.

If you do have battle sprites, even better. It is highly versitile, you can use any sprites in just about any format.

Nanaki_Fan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It most certainly can, but if you don't have actual battle sprites you my be a little disapointed with the results (they dont swing their arm with the sword, or stab with the spear due to the animation just not being there). If all you need is just a visual representation, then go for it. In any case give it a try, all it will cost you is a little time.

If you do have battle sprites, even better. It is highly versitile, you can use any sprites in just about any format.

interesting.

Do I need to resize the sprites? Put them in a new order?

Lets say for example the VxACe  orc sprite. Will it just read it like that or do I need to modify it?

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
interesting.

Do I need to resize the sprites? Put them in a new order?

Lets say for example the VxACe  orc sprite. Will it just read it like that or do I need to modify it?

No, there is settings detailed in the read me to use your map sprite, though you may want to make it a little bigger to comp for the higher resolution. But def watch the video and read the help file. I have toyed with thus plugin pretty extensively and will help if you get stuck.

Nanaki_Fan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
No, there is settings detailed in the read me to use your map sprite, though you may want to make it a little bigger to comp for the higher resolution. But def watch the video and read the help file. I have toyed with thus plugin pretty extensively and will help if you get stuck.

Thank you,

I appreciate that, you may find I will have to call upon your help in the near future :)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

How do people even enjoy RGB keyboard and mouse lighting? It's distracting.
I've been getting into YuGiOh again!
Gameboy Tiles, Cure Writer's Block, Animations on Menu, Generate Tasks | RPG Maker News #40

How would you judge a game you played? Art/Graphics? Story? Gameplay?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hina15