zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
i've read that this would allow me to use static battlers the way they were in RPG Maker XP... but i'm just not figuring out how to do it. First can it be done in frontview? and if not, how do i get the characters to line up right at the bottom. i know editing the rpg_sprites.js can move them, but i'm not sure how to move each of the 4 party members on their own. otherwise, this plugin is just what i needed as it doesn't mess with any of the other ones i'm using. any help would be greatly appreciated. :)  

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@zerobeat032 This plugin controls the battle display, not the battler positions. You can make the battlers static, but to place them where you want you will need to edit the base code at rpg_sprites.js.

Code:
Sprite_Actor.prototype.setActorHome = function(index) {
    this.setHome(600 + index * 32, 280 + index * 48);
};

Ashouse

Resident Zombie
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@zerobeat032 there is a yep plugin that allows you to change battler x,y position on the fly. Im not by the pc, but I know its there cause I use it.

zerobeat032

Cloaked Wanderer...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@zerobeat032 there is a yep plugin that allows you to change battler x,y position on the fly. Im not by the pc, but I know its there cause I use it.

i'm using something that does that actually and it's producing the desired affect. thanks for the idea!

OKIComputer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So I love this plug-in, it's really cool, but I think I found a weird incompatibility with Yanfly Battle Engine Core. I'm curious if you have any ideas how to fix it?

An option of Battle Engine Core is you can set it to skip the party menu, and start with the first actor's command menu. If you have this option set to 'true' while running VE Battle Graphic Set-up, then in battles, the first actor won't walk forward initially. Instead the character will just stand at it's home position. If you cancel back to the party command, and go back, he will move forward. Or, if you give the first guy an action, then cancel back to the first guy, he'll move forward. So it's just a problem with this initial "skip".

It's aesthetically a small thing, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
It's aesthetically a small thing, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Neither do I.

As I said about some other plugins, the battle core is very complex, completely changes the flow of battle and uses a completely different logic to proccess the battle compared to the default codes. I design my plugins for the default rpg maker code.

For example, my plugin Battle Command Window also offer the option to skip the party command menu, and it has no issue with the first step forward while using this plugin. So the issue is on the battle core, either with the code that skip the party window, or with the code that makes the step forward.

Capitán

kind of a big deal
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Engilsh
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Spectacular, absolutely fantastic.

OKIComputer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Neither do I.

As I said about some other plugins, the battle core is very complex, completely changes the flow of battle and uses a completely different logic to proccess the battle compared to the default codes. I design my plugins for the default rpg maker code.

For example, my plugin Battle Command Window also offer the option to skip the party command menu, and it has no issue with the first step forward while using this plugin. So the issue is on the battle core, either with the code that skip the party window, or with the code that makes the step forward.

Thanks for the insight: I actually think I found the issue! So VE Battler Graphic Setup uses a new Sprite_Battler.stepforward() method. The text is:

if (this.inHomePosition() && $gameSystem.isSideView()) {
            var move = (this._battler && this._battler.isFacingRight()) ? 48 : -48
            this.startMotion('walk');
            this.startMove(move, 0, 12);
            this._playMotion = false;
        }

I noticed when I when I looked at the base stepForward function and the one in Yanfly that they didn't have this conditional. So I commented out the conditional and sure enough, it works. So my question to you, as the expert on your own code, can I do this without messing everything up? I know the game is in side-view, so that conditional should be okay, but what is the "this.inHomePosition()" for?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I know the game is in side-view, so that conditional should be okay, but what is the "this.inHomePosition()" for?

The damage motion for charset mode has a stepback, without it, there are some position glitch when the battler attacks right after taking damage.

Cerileyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I finally got this plugin to work, but in order for me to do it, I had to reorganize my battlers.

I don't know exactly what was going on with it, but for some reason the only way I could get it to properly show my battlers was if I made the sprite sheet only use one column.  If I made my battlers with at least 3 or more columns, it would not read the correct number of frames (would always use three frames regardless of how many you had), or the animations would not line up horizontally (meaning that parts of multiple frames would appear in a single frame.  I don't know if this was a bug or if this was simply a mistake on my side (I have tons of plugins, mostly Yanfly and Yami...which were turned off and checked individually to rule out a plugin conflict).  If you only use one column it works pretty well.

The other issue I found was that the y offset for the plugin parameters seemed to only affect the idle animation in battles.  All other animations used y 0 for their offset.  Because my sprites are big, and centered in the animation, I have to offset them.  In doing so, only 'idle' offsets correctly, while the others cause the character to float above the shadow.  Maybe I need to fiddle with it some more to make sure I get it working right...it could also mean that all my animation frames may need to be flush with the bottom of each frame.  If that's the case, and given the only animation that is affected is 'idle', y offset would be useless in the parameters.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Cerileyn can you post your  setup and graphic used to see if there was something wrong with it?

It's hard to find out what is happening without looking at the graphic and setup.

Cerileyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Sure no problem :)

Here is the plugin's parameter setup:

parameters.png

Here is the image itself:

M_dummy.png

....and here is a small screenshot of the image dimensions along with each frame's dimensions:

img_dimensions.png

Finally, here is a screenshot in-game of the result, using my assigned parameters:

When Battler is idle:

idle.png

When Using a spell:

spell.png

...Victory Pose:

victory.png

If these images are resized in the post, you can right-click on each one and select "View Image", as these are uploaded to my personal webspace and are not resized there.

Cerileyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I forgot to mention the reason the battlers are standing in a weird angle is because I plan to use a plugin that will move the battlers' x and y positions (since I am going with an isometric style battle), and I believe the plugin moves the battlers based on shadow positions.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
You also said that you had you had to make the battler with 1 column to work, do you still have the batter with more columns and the setup you had before. I want to see if there is any issue with this setup, since I didn't have any issue in my tests.

Cerileyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Let me see if I do.  I basically just made the battler in a similar format to the default, except rather than three frames I used 4.

The setup was:

4, 18, 3, 0, false

M_dummy_old.png

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Cerileyn

I've updated the plugin, check if this solve the issues.

I've tested both of your dummy graphics with the setups  4, 18, 1, 88, false (for 1 column) and  4, 18, 3, 88, false (for 3 columns) and no longer had issues.

Cerileyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hey Thanks a lot Man <3 Awesome!!

Cerileyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Alright, I just checked out the new plugin, and the frames are in the right places now, but the offset does not reflect the position of the battler anymore.  I have tried putting my recommended offset values, as well as ridiculous numbers just to see if it worked and the battlers still hover over the shadows

Cerileyn

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
[Edit] After checking each of my installed plugins, I have pinpointed the problem.  After updating your plugin, the y offset will no longer work with yanfly's Action Sequence Pack 2.  It works so far with all his other plugins, but YEP_X_ActSeqPack2 will cause the y offset to get ignored.  It is possible that this particular plugin was causing issues with the previous versions of your plugin, and there is a chance no one caught wind of it due to using Holder's battlers, which have a y offset of 0 by default.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
The action sequence pack 2 problably mess with the 'anchor.y' of the sprite, wich is what I use to adjust the offset position.

Since the action sequence pack 2 is the plugin that makes custom action sequence motions, and I plan to make my own plugin for custom motions sequence (this plugin is in fact part of the development for the battler motion plugin) I won't be putting much effort into finding the source of that.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I almost thought it wouldn't happen, but a miracle has occurred, and IT'S HAPPENING!!!
xabileug wrote on thenerdmansion's profile.
TMCard - tomoaky
Hi i am currently working on a personal game using tomoaky TMCard in MV. i already have several modifications to it..

Screenshot-2021-04-18-at-19-32-48.png

Rest your weary legs in the Dancing Fox Inn!
Love to kick back and gamemak at the end of the day.
yay, i finally got around adding a profile pic! :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NateThe8