VE - Battler Graphic Setup

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Releases (RMMV)' started by Victor Sant, Feb 29, 2016.

1. InsanePridee

InsanePridee Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    apologies victor,

Capture.PNG

2. Victor Sant

Victor Sant Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    I find impressive that, when people report issues, they always forgot to mention "oh, and i'm also using several other plugins that might be interfering with it and causing the issue".

Not to mention the fact that the plugin is outdated (the line that gives the error is a blank line on the most updated version of the plugin).

Update the plugin, if this don't solve the issue, then it is a compatibiliy issue and I will need the exact plugin causing the issue (if you simply post a list with several plugins expecting me to find the one that is causing the issue, I will just preted that I didn't see the post).

3. InsanePridee

InsanePridee Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Sorry, I didn't think that the plugins I use would interfere with your one. I have since updated it, ( thought I had the latest ) and yeah I got the picture battler to work perfectly. as

$Actor11_1. I recently tested out my 'normal sv battlers' and they are now static. I have added the ' %' prefix to override it, but my sv is still static. I get no error's etc mate. just my

battler is now static. I'm porberly just being a tit again. :headshake:

screen 1.PNG

screen2.PNG

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2016
  4. gstein7346

gstein7346 Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello

I have the plugin values all set to default. I have placed a $image.png in my sv_actors folder.

Character_1 has the ability to use "summon" which when the skill it executed it performs the common event.

I then get the error message below about "victoryMotion"

I am trying to use the "summon" skill which would then remove the 4 characters on the field and replace it with a different character...lets call is "summon_1"

This all works when I do a battle test in the database >> troops >> initiate battle.

However when in the live game mode and testing I get the error message and game freezes.

This trigger seems to work when I only have 3 party members on the field instead of 4.

Please help! 

Thanks

problem1.png

problem2.png

5. dullman

dullman Villager Member

I want to ask about one thing, what if i have a dynamic sprite(charset), made during runtime (From my own plugin which i wrote because i want to learn JS and MV), so how i would use a created bitmap from sprite_character class as a sprite in this plugin, or do i need to recreated creating sprite if i want to use charsets instead of battlers? As i see here you load bitmap from file?? And please consider that i might be wrong since i have made mv plugins from few days ago so probably i do not know many obvious things.

6. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese
    The plugin don't uses the Sprite_Character, It uses the Sprite_Battler and looks the 'character name' set for the actor.

If your plugin make changes on the Sprite_Character (or any function related to it) it will not work and you will need to make your own changes to have it working.

7. dullman

dullman Villager Member

I suspected it but has a hope that i'm wrong so thanks for answer. I just added needed changes to to Sprite_CharsetActor.prototype.updateBitmap which create me a charset that i need.

8. Hardmodebot

Hardmodebot Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    [​IMG]

I'm getting this issue when trying to have both a static enemy and character.

Crashes the game when I enter a battle.

Only running your core plugin and this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2016
    Victor Sant likes this.
  9. killerfer

killerfer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hello @Victor Sant,

From what I figured out about this plugin, the loop option repeats the frames like this 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4.

I was wondering if there is a option to make them loop like this 1-2-3-4-3-2-1-2-3-4-3-2-1.

If not, is this something you think about adding in the future?

Thanks in advance.

10. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese
    it does loop like this for the default template. but custom template will loop from the start. I don't have plans of adding it anytime soon, making the loop working wasn't easy and the payoff for messing with it is not that high.

killerfer likes this.
  11. killerfer

killerfer Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Hello @Victor Sant

I wanted to make a suggestion. It would be really nice if there was an option to adjust the 'width' and 'height' of the actors and enemies through notetags. Let me explain the need of this feature.

Sometimes we have rather small sprites, but in one or two frames they could be bigger (like a jumping sprite, or swinging a sword) and that makes us have bigger frames, because all frames must be the same size for the plugin to work. This causes animations or throw abilities to appear above these actors/enemies. If we move the animations a little lower, they will not appear on the right spot for larger enemies. The same if we set the offset in the throwable objects. They will be too low on large enemies.

I think this could be solved by setting the in-game width and height of the actor/enemy with a notetag so we can set the center of the sprites ourselves.

I hope you consider making this happen sometime in the future.

Thank you for your plugins and all your work.

12. Missile

Missile Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Have been running into some oddities using this plugin.

For one, when Idle (possibly others) is set to Loop: False it causes an animation to fire once, then restart to it's first frame. Meaning it does actually loop once rather than ending on it's final frame.

Attacks (Swing, at least), when set to Loop: True, will loop indefinitely until the action's target sequence is finished, which seems right. However, when set to Loop: False, the animation only plays it's first frame, then returns to the move animation (should be idle?).

Some info:

The skill I'm using to test it in the above video:

<setup action>
    FLASH SCREEN: BLUE, 4
    MOVE user: target, front center, 40
    WAIT FOR MOVEMENT
    </setup action>
    <target action>
    WAIT: 40
    FLASH SCREEN: BLUE, 4
    MOTION SWING: user
    wait for motion
    WAIT: 400
    </target action>
    <finish action>
    PERFORM FINISH
    </finish action>

The plugin's settings: http://i.imgur.com/22O3CuK.jpg

The sprite sheet: http://i.imgur.com/NLBoAT3.png

If the Swing animation were firing at 3 frames without looping, it would show "A -> B -> C (then probably back to -> A?)," then changing back to Return when actions are finished. But instead it simply shows frame A, then goes back to Return/Walk.

Since someone else mentioned there may be incompatibility with Yanfly's Battle Sequences 2, I tried basic attacking with that turned off, and the Swing animation with Loop: False does indeed fire once for basic attacks, ending at C then back to Idle/normal -> return. However, the Idle motion set to Loop: False still loops back to frame A, which is odd.

If it's a case of incompatibility with Yanfly's Battle Sequences, that's a shame, since RM is severely hampered without it ):

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2016
  13. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese
    Well, that is the normal behavior of the maker, when a pose is set to not loop, it resets to the idle pose wich start at the first frame.

The other is probably an incopatibility since I had no such issues with the action poses. Ths probably happens because the rpg maker, by default,  checks the action phase to decide if it will reset the pose or not, the battle engine don't use those phases and instead use it's own flags.

14. Marquis

Marquis Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Hello!

Can someone with more experience help me? I am using this plugin to create custom battle spritesheets and animation frames for actors and enemies.

So far, the actors work fine, but I'm unable to get the enemies working as intended.

In the first image I have set the file sufix to create custom parameters for spritesheet, and this works just fine.

example1.png

This image shows how I have named the Slime enemys spritesheet and the Note section.

example2.png

This is my Parameter settings and the section of Help file that I used.

example3.png

The problem is that if I use the sufix on Slimes filename like that, Rpg maker can't load Slime_battle image. I have tested these settings with clean project without success, so the problem shouldn't be with other plugins.

15. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese
    The original slime file is named "Slime[4,10,1,0,false]"? because the plugin looks for the whole filename before the sufix.

If the file is named just 'Slime' (beliving that it the default Slime battler), then the plugin will look for "Slime_battle" not for the "Slime[4,10,1,0,false]_battle".

As a suggestion to avoid having to rename all battlers, if you have many battlers that uses the same format, setup this format on the 'Actor Frame Setup' and 'Enemy Frame Setup' with the setup value, then you won't need to add the frame setup to their filenames, only the ones with special setup will need.

BTW.: your 'Actor Frame Setup' and 'Enemy Frame Setup' is wrong. You don't add the whole filename, only the values (not even the brackets should be added).

Wrong: Actor1_1[4,10,1,0, false]

Right: 4,10,1,0, false (no filename, no brackets)

16. Marquis

Marquis Warper Member

First Language:
    English
    Thanks Victor, now it works :)

17. Prescott

Prescott argggghhh Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Victor Sant is there any way to use this WITHOUT your Basic Module? That is just extra bloat I don't want or need and I'm not going to be using any of your other plugins in my project. If it's not possible that's okay, but it seems like this is the only way to get characters as side view battlers that I can find :\

18. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @Prescott No. The basic module has several codes that are used by the plugin. (about half of the basic module was actually made for this plugin)

19. deathsia

deathsia Pegisister Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Hey Victor, I know this is the last error report you want but sadly I have no idea what's going on. 

I'm running all of yanfly's combat plugins with the exception of selection control as it conflicts with the second set

of Moghunter battle related plugins I am using which are just battle commands and BattleHud. Anyways here's the screen caps for ya:

[​IMG]

Error Console:

[​IMG]

and my setup in the actors notebox:

<sprite motion: 'Twilight'>
    idle: index: 1, loop: true, speed: 12
    walk: index: 9, loop: true, speed: 12
    wait: index: 1, loop: true, speed: 12
    chant: index: 1, loop: true, speed: 12
    guard: index: 2, loop: true, speed: 12
    damage: index: 4, loop: false, speed: 12
    evade: index: 2, loop: true, speed: 12
    thrust: index: 5, loop: false, speed: 6
    swing: index: 5, loop: false, speed: 6
    missile: index: 5, loop: false, speed: 6
    skill: index: 5, loop: false, speed: 6
    spell: index: 8, loop: false, speed: 12
    item: index: 6, loop: false, speed: 12
    escape: index: 10, loop: true, speed: 12
    return: index: 10, loop: true, speed: 12
    victory: index: 11, loop: false, speed: 12
    dying: index: 3, loop: true, speed: 12
    abnormal: index: 3, loop: true, speed: 12
    sleep: index: 13, loop: true, speed: 12
    dead: index: 13, loop: true, speed: 12
    </sprite motion>

Hopefully you can get to the bottom of what's wrong as I have no files in my SV_actors folder labled: "Actor 1" I have an "Actor1_1" but those are two different filenames and not sure why its trying to call for that in the first place when I specified the filename.

20. Victor Sant

First Language:
    Portuguese
    @deathsia does the error happens without the other plugins? If not, then it's a compatibility issue.