Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Most things work fine with this plugin. There is one error I ALWAYS get though. When I load a common event through a skill that takes away two actors from the party and adds another (it's meant to be a fusion skill), I always get a 'typeError: cannot read property 'victoryMotion' of undefined. It happens even when no other plugins are present apart from the VE Core plugin. Can anyone help?

BaronVampson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe there may be a memory leak issue with this bug. Any more than 4 large static images that are placed onscreen via this plugin lag the game extremely quickly and cause the program to crash shortly thereafter. Monitoring the process in task manager sees memory spikes of over 3.5GB before it inevitably crashes. Without the plugin enabled it reaches a little less than 100 mb. I was wondering for a while what the issue with the plugin was UNTIL I tested it out myself with smaller images, which appeared to cause no subsequent issues.

Also, if you intend to use it with more than 4 party members, I suggest you use Yanfly's Party plugin, otherwise the plugin starts to get a bit antsy, especially if you simply change values in 'RPG_Objects.js '. For the sake of myself and other members of the community I dearly hope that support still persists for this plugin because there doesn't seem to be anything else that performs any function like it.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I believe there may be a memory leak issue with this bug. Any more than 4 large static images that are placed onscreen via this plugin lag the game extremely quickly and cause the program to crash shortly thereafter. Monitoring the process in task manager sees memory spikes of over 3.5GB before it inevitably crashes. Without the plugin enabled it reaches a little less than 100 mb. I was wondering for a while what the issue with the plugin was UNTIL I tested it out myself with smaller images, which appeared to cause no subsequent issues.

Also, if you intend to use it with more than 4 party members, I suggest you use Yanfly's Party plugin, otherwise the plugin starts to get a bit antsy, especially if you simply change values in 'RPG_Objects.js '. For the sake of myself and other members of the community I dearly hope that support still persists for this plugin because there doesn't seem to be anything else that performs any function like it.
Thanks a bunch. What exactly would you consider a 'large image'? I'm trying to put a picture of the Time Eater and Ultra Necrozma into the same battle, and they both take up 1/3 to 1/2 of the screen. I'd assume that's too large then?

BaronVampson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Honestly the way I got around this issue was to just use Yanflys animated battlers and scaled a spritesheet up to the size of the images I required, and then I just used the spritesheet instead of this, copying the image three times in the grid.

It's quite interesting how it works, In theory you could probably scale the spritesheet up to very large sizes, and as long as the sprites are all multiples/factors of eachother, it should function properly.

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use mostly VE scripts for my project and this is the first one to leave me stumped, i watched the videos, i read the instructions thoroughly 10 times over but i'll admit i have trouble understanding the text a bit.

if someone (even vic himself) is out there thats willing to help i'll gladly post again with pictures but for now i will say that no matter what i do the animated sv enemy appears backwards

i have an "ooze" monster,
in my sv_enemies folder i have "%ooze" which is a random static monster & a "%ooze[3, 18, 3, 0, true]" sprite sheet in that same folder, its standard kaduki style (hell its a battler from good ol' hawk).

in the plugin setting i have enemies set to Animated and the enemy graphic sufix i put [3, 18, 3, 0, true]

in my enemies tab i have an ooze monster with the the static "%ooze" there and in the notetag i have:

sprite motion: '%ooze[3, 18, 3, 0, true]'

idle: index: 1, loop: true, speed: 12

walk: index: 2, loop: true, speed: 12

wait: index: 3, loop: true, speed: 12

chant: index: 4, loop: true, speed: 12

guard: index: 5, loop: true, speed: 12

damage: index: 6, loop: true, speed: 12

evade: index: 7, loop: true, speed: 12

thrust: index: 8, loop: true, speed: 12

swing: index: 9, loop: true, speed: 12

missile: index: 10, loop: true, speed: 12

skill: index: 11, loop: true, speed: 12

spell: index: 12, loop: true, speed: 12

item: index: 13, loop: true, speed: 12

escape: index: 14, loop: true, speed: 12

return: index: 15, loop: true, speed: 12

victory: index: 16, loop: true, speed: 12

dying: index: 17, loop: true, speed: 12

abnormal: index: 18, loop: true, speed: 12

sleep: index: 19, loop: true, speed: 12

dead: index: 20, loop: true, speed: 12

/sprite motion

and boom ooze appears animated, but facing the left instead of the right.

Jewelraffe

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've encountered a very persistent, annoying bug, or rather two of them.

If I put true, false or blank in the Mirror Animations field, the game crashes with "Cannot read property 'actor 1' of undefined", the source appearing to be from the plugin itself, but I can't verify that. If I put in any other value, the battle loads, but the static does not work at all, instead treating it like a default 12x8 cell SV battler.

at Object.VictorEngine.battleSprites (file:///C:/Users/Meee/Documents/Games/Game/js/plugins/VE_BasicModule.js:497:35)
at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.battleSprite (file:///C:/Users/Meee/Documents/Games/Game/js/plugins/VE_BasicModule.js:821:29)
at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.battler (file:///C:/Users/Meee/Documents/Games/Game/js/plugins/VE_BattlerGraphicSetup.js:1016:21)
at Game_Actor.Game_Battler.requestMotionRefresh (file:///C:/Users/Meee/Documents/Games/Game/js/plugins/YEP_BattleEngineCore.js:4143:14)
at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.eraseState (file:///C:/Users/Meee/Documents/Games/Game/js/plugins/VE_BattlerGraphicSetup.js:959:14)
at Game_Actor.eraseState (file:///C:/Users/Meee/Documents/Games/Game/js/rpg_objects.js:3506:39)
at Game_Actor.<anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/Meee/Documents/Games/Game/js/rpg_objects.js:2612:14)
at Array.forEach (native)
at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.refresh (file:///C:/Users/Meee/Documents/Games/Game/js/rpg_objects.js:2611:27)
at Game_Actor.Game_BattlerBase.refresh (file:///C:/Users/Meee/Documents/Games/Game/js/plugins/YEP_DamageCore.js:1210:41)

My plugins are all in the right order and nothing happens when they're disabled, so that likely ruled out an incompatibility... probably. All plugins are up to date. I only need actors to be static images and I've searched all over for a solution, but they all point back to this plugin.

Thanks and keep up your amazing work!

ultrahispeed

Multiverse Explorer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
So I was trying to get the plugin to work with yanfly’s party system plugins and when I was testing the game this plugin had some errors with yanfly’s plugin

ultrahispeed

Multiverse Explorer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Victor Sant this plugin has given me a few problems
1. I can't seem to get this plugin to work with Yanfly's plugins
2. I can't battle test when this plugin is on
3. I can't seem to get the plugin itself to work

Raith

Squire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Victor Sant this plugin has given me a few problems
1. I can't seem to get this plugin to work with Yanfly's plugins
2. I can't battle test when this plugin is on
3. I can't seem to get the plugin itself to work

I used literally all Yanfly's basic plugins and it worked well for me. Try to put the plugin below Yanfly's party system AND below Yanfly's Battle Engine Core. Don't forget to put VE Core plugin too above any of Yanfly's plugins. This plugin is NOT compatible with Yanfly's Visual State Effect expansion plugin.

For Victor (and everyone else), I have one question: did the static actor sprite will always face right when starting a battle with that actor having zero HP? I always experienced this is when an actor is KO'ed then the party is sent immediately into battle. Already tested this on no-plugin environment so I don't think this is a plugin conflict. Any solution for this problem?

ultrahispeed

Multiverse Explorer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I can't get this plugin to work with yanfly's animated sideview aniemies

Raith

Squire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I can't get this plugin to work with yanfly's animated sideview aniemies

Did you use this plugin to change enemy graphics?

If yes:
VE tried to modify enemy sprites
YEP tried to modify enemy sprites too
boom, plugin conflict.

Solution: use either, not both.

If not (e.g, to modify actor sprites), put this plugin between Battle Engine Core and Yanfly's Sideview Enemies plugin.

I used this plugin to change actor graphics into static, so no conflict. I never touched settings for enemy graphics and never encountered significant problem.

ultrahispeed

Multiverse Explorer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
what if you want to use the plugin but have sv battlers with different frame settings each

Geo

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello, I have a problem plaguing me all day : P

I'm using this alongside Vanfly's Row Formations.
I'm using static images.
Things work fine when using the row command to change my party's row. The problem arises when I use skills to change rows, battlers start moving all over the place. Only the cores, this and yanfly's rows script on during testing. Tried different notetags, different plugin order... I'm fairly confident it's an incompatability bug

Link to other thread with video example:

Last edited:

realz012

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
i used Static Battler Side-view

i have question...
can Static battler use VE Battle Motions too?
because when i tried, character move toward enemy and attack it success...
but when enemy turn move toward character give me error out of range.

errorr ange.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Today i'll start creating monster sounds for my enemies :D I was looking forward to that
//Decides to cut his caffeine to a 3rd of the normal amount...
//Spends all weekend in a daze playing dress-up with dolls in Daz3D
:kaoswt:
*looks away while frantically waving a stick in the general direction of the scariest enemy, the slime*
Exams are finally over, I am free!
Now it's time to bust out RPG Maker and work on some games sit around and do nothing all summer.
Ami
Monday is here. Hope my Stomach is okay rather than yesterday (yesterday are terrible to me,until i can't get focus my work because my Disease)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haustlauf