VE - Counter Actions

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

The Counter Actions plugin allows you to expand the counter attacks options. You can setup different triggers for counter attacks, such as being hit by a specific skill or element, and also can setup wich action will be used when the counter occurs. You can make an ice enemy that hates being hit by fire and conuters or an auto potion effect, that allows the actor to use a potion when countering.

Download:
Victor Engine - Counter Actions

Credits:
Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited by a moderator:

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I notice that it works when the action is done to a target, but I'm curious to know if using a certain item or skill in the battle itself (healing an ally) could also trigger a response like Barbados Goetia's No Items Ever.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
No, for a counter to trigger, both battlers (the active battler and the target) needs to be involved with the action.

You can't make a battler outiside of the current action (a battler that is neither the active battler or the target) to react to it.

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
The counter skill seems to work fine, but the counter item doesn't work, the actor just do a normal attack instead. I tried in a project with just the basic module and the counter plugin and it still happens.

Also this doesn't seem to work with the yanfly plugins. He seems to read the conditions but the actor always counter with a normal attack.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
The counter skill seems to work fine, but the counter item doesn't work, the actor just do a normal attack instead. I tried in a project with just the basic module and the counter plugin and it still happens.

Also this doesn't seem to work with the yanfly plugins. He seems to read the conditions but the actor always counter with a normal attack.
Thanks for the report, i found the issue and already fixed it.
About the compatibility issue, you know wich YF plugin causes that? YF have a lot of plugins and it's quite hard to track issues without any lead.

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, for a counter to trigger, both battlers (the active battler and the target) needs to be involved with the action.

You can't make a battler outiside of the current action (a battler that is neither the active battler or the target) to react to it.
Sorry, but can't for now or won't ever can? I would love some kind of ability where an actor hits a monster if the monster attacks someone other than him.

Thank you for your scripts, they're excellent.

killerfer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Thanks for the report, i found the issue and already fixed it.

About the compatibility issue, you know wich YF plugin causes that? YF have a lot of plugins and it's quite hard to track issues without any lead.
Thank you for the bugfix.

I tested one by one, and I'm pretty sure it's the "Battle Engine Core" that's blocking the actions.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Sorry, but can't for now or won't ever can? I would love some kind of ability where an actor hits a monster if the monster attacks someone other than him.

Thank you for your scripts, they're excellent.
With this plugin, probably not. But this can become another plugin in the future.
Thank you for the bugfix.

I tested one by one, and I'm pretty sure it's the "Battle Engine Core" that's blocking the actions.
I will take a look at the core then, if it's not something much complex i will fix that.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I've made an updated for this plugin that people might like.

- First I made it compatible with YEP_BattleEngineCore.

- Second, I added the possibility to call a common event with a counter instead of an action. With creativity this can be used for many things I guess.

lithkast

Quirky mini boss
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I can't seem to get the counter to work.  I'm not getting an error or anything, its just the counter never happens. Even when I set it to counter with the basic attack, it doesn't counter.  Without the game throwing me a specific error, I can't really pinpoint what might be causing the failure.  Just to double check on this, here is my notetag for the counter

<action counter: skill 3, skill 4, 100%>  

Skill 3 is my enemies normal physical attack.  Skill 4 is one of my characters special skills, and the 100% should be the counter rate from what I gather.  

I put both the VE Core engine and the VE Counter actions plugin below all other plugins (including all of yanfly's plugins though I don't see an error being thrown up)

Honestly, the simple solution is that I'm getting the note tag wrong.  I was wondering what your thoughts on it was?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
It seems that the last updated intended to improve the compatibility with the Dual Wield and Retaliation Damage made the plugin stop working alone for some tags. I will check this. 

pandamaxxie

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I can't seem to figure out how to make 2 counter attacks happen after being attacked(the second attack would remove the counter state and that's it).
I also can't seem to find out how to remove the state right after the counter happened, I'm using it for a minefield skill, so as soon as the mine blows up I need the effect to be gone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth