VE - Critical Hit Effects

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This plugin gives you better control over critical rate and critical damage. Allowing to change the critical rate and damage of specific actions, making some actions to use different when they are critical hits, and make script calls when you hit a critical attack.

Download:

Victor Engine - Critical Hit Effects

Credits:

Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited by a moderator:

TheRiotInside

Extra Ordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Excellent plugin! This is just what I needed to neatly accomplish complex critical effects without totally *******izing my skill notetags. :)

My goal was to have some skills simply deal increased damage on crits, while some do the same damage, but with other effects, like applying different states, or applying a buff but for a turn longer than a non-crit, or do radically different effects altogether. This does all of that swimmingly!

That being said, I have a hopefully simple and doable request. Is there anyway to add a feature to specify a global default critical hit chance formula in this plugin? I was looking to make the critical hit chance simply equal to the user's Luck stat (ie: 50 Luck = 50% Crit Chance) minus the target's Critical Evasion, and was using Yanfly's Critical Control to accomplish that. Running both plugins causes some compatibility issues (obviously, haha) but your plugin has all of these extra juicy features that are essential. If a small snippet to set the global default critical hit chance formula was added, this plugin would do it all!

I guess there is the option to add a <critical rate: 'code'> to all of the actors and enemies...which in hindsight really isn't that big of a deal at all...

Actually, here's a simpler and hopefully not too off-topic request instead of all that. I'm willing to add the critical rate lines to my actors and enemies. I'm pretty terrible with Java though, so do you know the exact formula I'd need to specify to get what I need? In Yanfly's Critical Control, I had it setup like this:

Code:
rate = (user.luk / 100) * (1 - target.cev);

But after testing, it seems like the syntax is unique to Yanfly's plugin.

Again, wonderful plugin, and thanks for any help in advance! :)

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
. Is there anyway to add a feature to specify a global default critical hit chance formula in this plugin? I
The way the plugin was designed, multiple formulas results are added, not replaced.

So if you would have a default formula and a battler have a different formula. Then the critical rate would be 'default formula + battler formula', and not "use default formula if battler don't have one".

I thought that people would belive that the battler formula would replace the default. So I left the default formula out to avoid confusion.

so do you know the exact formula I'd need to specify to get what I need?
My plugin uses a syntax silimar to the damage formula: a = user, b = target, v[x] = variable x.

So your formula should be something like 'a.luk  * (1 - b.cev)'

Remember that other critical values (such as the one from traits) still apply.

TheRiotInside

Extra Ordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your quick reply! After a bit of tinkering, it seems like 'a.luk * (1 - b.cev)' did the trick. Keeping it multiplied by 100 resulted in 100% crit chance.

Everything seems to be working now. Thanks again!

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Thanks for your quick reply! After a bit of tinkering, it seems like 'a.luk * (1 - b.cev)' did the trick. Keeping it multiplied by 100 resulted in 100% crit chance.
Weird, maybe i forgot to add the multiplier to the critical rate. Well, whatever, what matters is that it's working  :p

Jeysonmcfly

Just a random Joe Schmoe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Question for you, @Victor Sant. Would I be able, using this plugin, to pinpoint exactly when a critical hit is dealt to an enemy or party character?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Jeysonmcfly What do you mean by that?

There is the critical code that allows you to call a script code when critical damage is dealt. Since it's an evaluated script code, anything can be done with it if you have the right code for it. But can you give an example of what you want to acheive?

Jeysonmcfly

Just a random Joe Schmoe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Jeysonmcfly What do you mean by that?

There is the critical code that allows you to call a script code when critical damage is dealt. Since it's an evaluated script code, anything can be done with it if you have the right code for it. But can you give an example of what you want to acheive?
Well, it's simple really, using Yanfly's Action Sequence packs I want to make the characters move and attack. However, I just need something that can check the exact moment a critical attack will be dealt, and when that moment occurs, I would like the screen to zoom in on the critical hit and flash white. I don't think there would be any conflicting between those Yanfly plugins and your own. Would there?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I suppose there would be no issue with YF plugins. I tested with the core plugins only and had no issue.

And for what you want, you can use the critical code tag, something like this:

<custom critical code>
$gameScreen.startFlash([r,g,b,a], duration)
</custom critical code>

just replace the r g b a with the color values and the duration of the flash effect.

This will make the screen flash right before the damage popup.

About the zoom you would need to add a code for that and i don't know how would you make it for the the flash to wait the zoom with YF battle engine (the default window_battlelog wait doesn't seems to work with the action sequences).

Alternatively, you could just turn on a switch or something and make the action sequence checks for it.

Jeysonmcfly

Just a random Joe Schmoe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I suppose there would be no issue with YF plugins. I tested with the core plugins only and had no issue.

And for what you want, you can use the critical code tag, something like this:

<custom critical code>
$gameScreen.startFlash([r,g,b,a], duration)
</custom critical code>

just replace the r g b a with the color values and the duration of the flash effect.

This will make the screen flash right before the damage popup.

About the zoom you would need to add a code for that and i don't know how would you make it for the the flash to wait the zoom with YF battle engine (the default window_battlelog wait doesn't seems to work with the action sequences).

Alternatively, you could just turn on a switch or something and make the action sequence checks for it.
Just thought I'd say thank you! Also, yes, that switch idea should help a ton. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
Working on breaking the limits of RPGMaker! :cool:
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AphoticAmaranth