VE - Custom Hit Formula

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This script allows to setup custom hit formulas for actions. You can use any valid ruby command to make different ways to decide if an action will be successful. Some scripting knowlegde is required.

Download:
Victor Engine - Custom Hit Formula

Credits:
Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited by a moderator:

Lionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
How do I set the level of the enemies to create the skill Level 5 death?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
How do I set the level of the enemies to create the skill Level 5 death?
Enemies don't have levels by default, so you don't set levels by default.

There are some scripts on the master script list that create enemy levels, and if you're using one of them you'll have to follow the rules of that script to handle those levels.

Lionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
Enemies don't have levels by default, so you don't set levels by default.

There are some scripts on the master script list that create enemy levels, and if you're using one of them you'll have to follow the rules of that script to handle those levels.
I've tried it! I tried to create level 5 death skill, which should take effect only enemies to level multiple of 5, but level 5 putting the monster, the skill does not kill him, but if I put the monster level ex: 6, at which point it kills him!

Where 'error?!?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried it! I tried to create level 5 death skill, which should take effect only enemies to level multiple of 5, but level 5 putting the monster, the skill does not kill him, but if I put the monster level ex: 6, at which point it kills him!

Where 'error?!?
What script do you use to create the monster's level?

How is your L5 deatch skill defined? If you don't show what you did (screenshot, code) then we can't tell what you're doing wrong...

Lionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
What script do you use to create the monster's level?

How is your L5 deatch skill defined? If you don't show what you did (screenshot, code) then we can't tell what you're doing wrong...
On the net I found only the "Enemy level" of Yanfly!

And in the notes box of the skill level 5 death I put as recommended by the script:

<hit formula>

b.level% 5 == 0

</ hit formula>

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
And in the notes box of the skill level 5 death I put as recommended by the script:

<hit formula>

b.level% 5 == 0

</ hit formula>
Wrong, the script recommended something different than the formula you typed above.

The recommendation of the VE script was

<hit formula>

b.level % 5 == 0

</hit formula>

See the difference? Those two typing errors are a difference in programming...

If the problem still exists after correcting that, change the position of yanfly's and victor's scripts - sometimes the compatibility depends on the order of the scripts in the script editor.

Lionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
Wrong, the script recommended something different than the formula you typed above.

The recommendation of the VE script was

<hit formula>

b.level % 5 == 0

</hit formula>

See the difference? Those two typing errors are a difference in programming...

If the problem still exists after correcting that, change the position of yanfly's and victor's scripts - sometimes the compatibility depends on the order of the scripts in the script editor.
No, still exists! And I also tried on a new project with only these scripts!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
try different formulas/conditions to check if this error only happens with the modulo operation or with others as well.

Lionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
try different formulas/conditions to check if this error only happens with the modulo operation or with others as well.
I've tried everything! But the script does not work!

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've tried everything! But the script does not work!
"What" have you tried? we can'thelp you unless you give us more information. And you can't have tried everything, otherwise the error would b gone - you only tried what you could think of. And since no one can read your mind, we can't tell you what you missed unless you tell us in detail what you tried.

Lionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
"What" have you tried? we can'thelp you unless you give us more information. And you can't have tried everything, otherwise the error would b gone - you only tried what you could think of. And since no one can read your mind, we can't tell you what you missed unless you tell us in detail what you tried.
I tried to put 1, 2, 3, 4, "5", 6, 7, 8, 9 ...

Change its place, cambaire skill, change enemy, change status, change actor, change that instead of "5 == 0" is 5 == 1, 5 == 2 ,5 == 3 ,5== 4 ,5 == 5 , 5 == 6,

5 == 7 ,5== 8 ,5 == 9................

But it does not work ...

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, so basically you didn't understand that "b.level % 5" is a mathematical formula, and the result of that formula is compared to zero " == 0".

% is the modulo operator. Modulo is a less known function similiar to multiplikation, division, addition or substraction.

With trying different things I meant to test if that script works with different mathematical functions.

Try b.level >= 4 and b.level >= 6 as a condition - if the scripts are functioning, then these skills would work for enemies above level 4 or level 6.

If those conditions don't work, then the level function doesn't work - that is the most likely case so far.

If they do work, please post a screenshot of your skill definition with all info on the skill.

Lionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
OK, so basically you didn't understand that "b.level % 5" is a mathematical formula, and the result of that formula is compared to zero " == 0".

% is the modulo operator. Modulo is a less known function similiar to multiplikation, division, addition or substraction.

With trying different things I meant to test if that script works with different mathematical functions.

Try b.level >= 4 and b.level >= 6 as a condition - if the scripts are functioning, then these skills would work for enemies above level 4 or level 6.

If those conditions don't work, then the level function doesn't work - that is the most likely case so far.

If they do work, please post a screenshot of your skill definition with all info on the skill.
No, it does not work like that ...

But you're trying the script?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, we aren't - because it takes too much time to setup a similiar testing environment. If you want us to test it, you'll have to upload your demo somewhere and link us to it, then we can look and test for ourselves.

Lionheart

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italiano
Primarily Uses
No, we aren't - because it takes too much time to setup a similiar testing environment. If you want us to test it, you'll have to upload your demo somewhere and link us to it, then we can look and test for ourselves.
I'll send you a demo in MP?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey! Did not you say more if I have to send the demo or not!
I said link it here, because I don't know when I might have time for testing, and if you lnk it here others might be able to help you faster.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

First steps on an interior castle map
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?
I've been having a rough couple of months and as such let down some friends of mine in the RPG Maker community. I still need time to get back to my normal self, but it's nice to be back, to read articles, and to design again (albeit at a slow pace). Hope to give updates on Kid Crescent soon.
Friendly reminder that you don't have to be able to do absolutely everything. It's okay to scale back features or assets if things are too much - especially if you're the only one working on the game! And you can always add things in later. <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Berserk94