Ringtale Games

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your scripts for vx ace were amazing, looks like you're already making awesome stuff for mv!

Love it!

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any chance of being able to make a sub that can travel not only on water but also along a ground tile that's used as the ocean floor?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Any chance of being able to make a sub that can travel not only on water but also along a ground tile that's used as the ocean floor?
What you bem by "ground tile that is used as the ocean floor'?

The passabilities can be set with regions, so if you want a tile to be passable, just add a region to the vehicle setting and draw the areas you want to be passable with the region. If you want something different, can you explain better?

Animebryan

Need more resources!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What you bem by "ground tile that is used as the ocean floor'?

The passabilities can be set with regions, so if you want a tile to be passable, just add a region to the vehicle setting and draw the areas you want to be passable with the region. If you want something different, can you explain better?
I only watched the video & saw the inherit vehicle passability & didn't realize the plugin offers full control with regions. Most vehicle scripts I worked with for VX Ace never offered that amount of control by default. This should work perfectly, if there aren't any bugs that is.

zharth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I happened to notice that your previous version of this script for VX Ace included the ability to set vehicle passability by terrain tag instead of just region ID. Is there any possibility of including that functionality into this plugin for MV?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I happened to notice that your previous version of this script for VX Ace included the ability to set vehicle passability by terrain tag instead of just region ID. Is there any possibility of including that functionality into this plugin for MV?
Considering that MV have 256 regions (opposed to VXa 64) allied to the fact that regions are a lot easier to handle than terrain tags, i decided to not add it.

It shouldn't be hard to add them back, but any reason that you should use it over regions?

zharth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
You're right that terrain tags are more limited, but it just seems more intuitive to me, since vehicles are largely defined by the type of terrain they can cover. With terrain tags, If I wanted to create a canoe that can only pass over river tiles, I could just change a single tag in the tileset database, instead of laying down tons of region IDs on a potentially large map, especially given that they may conflict with my other uses for region IDs, such as encounters. Obviously this would create problems if I had a bunch of vehicles with different passability requirements - since there are only 8 terrain tags - but if I'm just creating a few not overly complex vehicles, it would seem to me that using terrain tags would be the ideal method. It's entirely up to you if you want to add that functionality back in, but I don't imagine that it would hurt giving the user that choice.

Another question: Are these custom vehicles designed to be able to be used in a project along with one or more of the default vehicles? Because I just tried creating a custom vehicle, and now whenever I try to use the default ship or airship, the game crashes with a TypeError: undefined is not a function.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I've updated the plugin to include the terrain tags and fix the issue with normal vehicles. Test to see if it's working fine now.

zharth

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It seems to be working fine now! Thanks for honoring my request!

Parallax Panda

Got into VxAce ~2014 and never stopped...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Victor Sant

I have a few questions regarding additional features for this otherwise superb plugin of yours.

1) First of all, is it possible to add a setting when setting up a new vehicle so that they can detect any number of specified regions? the non-passable region feature is great(!), but I'd also like to set up other regions (using Yanfly's Region Events in combination with this plugin) to do other stuff. This would really give a lot more control and versatility for any user.

2) Also, is it possible to add a note tag that you can give to certain events that allows the specified vehicle to interact with that event? I guess this is kind of same as the above requested feature, but the option to be able to choose if I wanted to use just one event or a whole region depending on the situation would be really neat!

3) Lastly, is it possible to add a plugin command that makes it possible to change a specified vehicle's altitude mid flight? I admit that this feature is not as generally useful as the features above but with a bit of tinkering (and in combination with request 1 or 2) I think it could do some cool stuff. And it's something I'd like to use in my game at the very least.

What I'd like to use the 3rd request for is mainly as an aesthetic fix while flying over areas/tiles which seems to be higher up compared to the tiles next to them. In these cases I'd like to be able to adjust the shadow that is cast on the ground. By making the altitude lower the shadow should come closer to the vehicle and thus it appears that the area is higher up. If you have a better idea for how this would be done instead of my requested plugin command, feel free to o that instead if you think it'll make a good feature.

In any regard, thanks for reading at the very least. And thanks for this plugin!

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
1) First of all, is it possible to add a setting when setting up a new vehicle so that they can detect any number of specified regions? the non-passable region feature is great(!), but I'd also like to set up other regions (using Yanfly's Region Events in combination with this plugin) to do other stuff. This would really give a lot more control and versatility for any user.
"detecting regions" without context would just do nothing. And on the context of an event, you can just add a condition to check if the player is on the vehicle. You can check wich vehicle is being used with $gamePlayer._vehicleType === 'type name' on a conditional branch.

2) Also, is it possible to add a note tag that you can give to certain events that allows the specified vehicle to interact with that event? I guess this is kind of same as the above requested feature, but the option to be able to choose if I wanted to use just one event or a whole region depending on the situation would be really neat!
Like the above, you can just use a conditional branch with a script code to check the vehicle and change how the event interarcts with it based on the condition.

For both 1) and 2) I think the best I can do is adding a more direct call to make easier identify the current vehicle (maybe something like this.vehicleType('type name')) to be used on events.

3) Lastly, is it possible to add a plugin command that makes it possible to change a specified vehicle's altitude mid flight? I admit that this feature is not as generally useful as the features above but with a bit of tinkering (and in combination with request 1 or 2) I think it could do some cool stuff. And it's something I'd like to use in my game at the very least.
I think the main issue here is that the vehicle don't move while the altitude is changing. Also, changing the altitude will not work as you're hoping for, since the altitude has no impact on the shadow's position. reducing the altitude will bring the vehicle down, not bring the shadow up so simulate an higher height.

Last edited by a moderator:

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Victor Sant

I have to admit that I'm not to savvy with script calls so apologies if I'm misunderstanding something. But to me it looks like those script calls would check if the player is on a specific vehicle. But how would that help me if I for example wanted to use visible encounters flying around the map and make the game know when I collide with them (so I can go to a battle screen)? :)

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Well, flying vehickes don't collide with events so they can't start touch events at all, other vehicles collide and start events as normal.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Victor Sant

Yes I know. But since you managed to make the flying events react to a region and block it's passibility I thought that it wouldn't be to hard to make that same flying vehicle able to react in other ways to regions and events.

In theory I could use a non flying vehicle (set it's altitude to 1 or ignore this setting altogether) and just make it look like a flying object. The passabillity could easily be changed to work like it was flying and I guess I could even go as far as to draw the shadow under the sprite. However, I do kind of like the rise/fall sequence that happens as you board a flying vehicle with a high altitude as well as the fact that you can abort said rise/fall sequence if you press press the button again before it's completed. The way the shadow gradually fades in/out during this sequel is also something that I couldn't imitate well if I just flat out drew the shadow as a part of the sprite. Such small details helps a lot in giving a flying sensation in my opinion.
Also since I'm making a flying vehicle I don't want it to interact with every event such as a land vehicle might. I want it to fly above most events (casting it's shadow on it giving the illusion it's above). My goal is to make it so it only collide with flying enemies/objects etc.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Well, if the thing is just about interaction, you should notice that you can set a switch to be turned ON while the player is boarding the custom vehicle. So just set a switch for the vehicle and setup your events accordinally. This will not work with flying vehicles though, because as I said, they don't collide with events.

Now about the flyign vehicle collisions... in fact I did not much, all I did was just not turning ON the 'through' flag, that was what made the flying vehicle to pass through anything. I didn't actually messes with the collisions.

Parallax Panda

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Victor Sant

I see, well in that case it's strange that flying vehicles don't react to all regions and plugins that affect them. But I guess it all comes down to how RM handles flying vehicles to begin with and I understand if that could be troublesome to try to change that or how collisions work.

Non the less, thank you for responding so fast!

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I see, well in that case it's strange that flying vehicles don't react to all regions and plugins that affect them.
Regions are just numbers, and numbers don't do anything by themselves. If a plugin changes how an event behave while it is on a specific region, the plugin is actually changing the event, not the region. The same is true for vehicles.

A plugin that makes events interacts with regions won't automatically make the vehicles interact with them, because the plugin is not changing the regions, but only the events.

Rishi Raj Jain

Pokemon MV Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Victor Sant your plugin is a good one, but I like it to Do more out of it, so please help me by making it a Great one.
I'm Making Pokemon Essentials for MV (SKD) I'm using Guardian force system to handle my party Pokemon but I would like to use them as vehicles but only when a Pokemon knows a specific moves or at a specific Condition:

eg, I've Lapras (Water Type) in my Party who knows a move Surf.
So, whenever I go near Water (i.e. beach tile) and heading towards water tile I press enter, it checks where I have a Water Type Pokemon in my Party who knows a move Surf (if true) it Spwans a Sprite of that Specific Pokemon (in this case Lapras) and then it act similar to the Ship.
That's All.

Hope you can Help. People would love this kind of adding to the Plugin

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
superfluffy