Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Victor It's me again, I have another issue with the Plugin.

In the parameter, I've set it to "zoom" and "wait" multiple times, when a state, buff or debuff is added.

However, this sequence does not occur, if no damage is dealt.

I've uploaded a comparison video where I apply poison onto the enemy, one with damage and one with no damage.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
This is not a bug with the plugin but a issue with the battle engine core, as I stated above, my plugin uses the default window battle log functions for damage popup display, while the battle engine core uses custom functions. Without the battle engine core, states popup are displayed no matter if the action deals damage or not.

Since I'm working on my own battle motion plugin, I won't be looking at compatibility issues with the battle engine core.

DreamX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Wrote a compatibility plugin for Battle Engine Core here. Hope that's okay Victor - just aliased one of your functions. Love your plugin!

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, Victor. I’m not sure if I’m misunderstanding how to use the Custom Motions or if it’s possibly not working due an update or something. But no matter what I do, I can’t get the custom motions to work.

“zoom, custom 1, custom 2, wait”
To double check I wasn’t doing anything wrong, I copied this example from the plugin help into the motion parameter for HP Damage, then I set custom 1 and custom 2 like so:

Code:
Custom 1: 50, 50, 100, -100, 0, 30
Custom 2: 100, 100, -100, 100, 0, 30
But all that seems to happen is it just zooms in and then waits. Nothing happens when Custom 1 and Custom 2 are supposed to occur.
Not sure if it’s relevant but I’m using RPG Maker MV V1.5.1 Also relevant to mention: I was doing this in a fresh project to make sure it would occur outside of my game project.

Also is there a way to hide the damage popup if no damage was taken? (if the target takes 0 damage then "0" doesn't show up)

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@AdamSakuru
There was an issue with the parsing of custom commands, try replacing like 1320 that has this code:
Code:
VictorEngine.Parameters.DamgePopup['Custom ' + String(i)] = String('Custom ' + String(i)).trim();
with this:
Code:
VictorEngine.Parameters.DamgePopup['Custom ' + String(i)] = String(parameters['Custom ' + String(i)]).trim();

AdamSakuru

[Null_Value]
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Thank you very much! That did the trick.

ArkhamVI

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, I was wondering about something: is it possible to utilize your SFonts plugin with this?

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Apologies for digging up year-old material but is there any way to accommodate every roll of health and/or mana recovery? Specifically, I'm looking to see if there's a way to fix anything with this or whatever else that is causing the caster of a recovery skill in my project to not be showing his/her share of the healing roll. Note that the other recipients are not affected, it only happens to whomever it is that originated the skill-casting process in the first place.

EDIT: I should probably note that items are not affected by this - it only happens to me with skill-based recovery rolls. By this I mean that any duplication of the sage stone from Dragon Quest results in running the healing roll on an individual, per member basis across the entire active crew/party/etc. but if I also duplicate Multiheal or Omniheal it happens all at once and shows for everyone other than the caster of the skill. Example footage of what happens is available on request.

Last edited:

jjleroy

I love bananas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German, English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great Plugin, but for some reason, the popups only pop up when an actor attacks an enemy.
I don't get a popup if the enemy attacks the actor.

Anyone has the same issue?

MikeMakes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am requesting to draw "Weak" and "Resist" as sprites from the Damage spritesheet instead as text.

In earlier iterations of the plugin, it seemed to be able to do this from his videos.

I believe something similar to below is what I'm looking for:

//==============================
// * Setup Damage Popup
var _alias_mog_bhud_sprt_actor_setupDamagePopup = Sprite_Battler.prototype.setupDamagePopup
Sprite_Actor.prototype.setupDamagePopup = function() {
if (!$gameSystem.isSideView() && this._sprite_face) {
if (this._battler.isDamagePopupRequested()) {
var sprite = new Sprite_Damage();
sprite.x = this.x + this.damageOffsetX();
sprite.y = this.y + this.damageOffsetY();
sprite.setup(this._battler);
this._damages.push(sprite);
this.parent.addChild(sprite);
this._battler.clearDamagePopup();
this._battler.clearResult();
};
return;
};
_alias_mog_bhud_sprt_actor_setupDamagePopup.call(this);
};

Last edited:

BreakerZero

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (USA)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am requesting to draw "Weak" and "Resist" as sprites from the Damage spritesheet instead as text.

In earlier iterations of the plugin, it seemed to be able to do this from his videos.

I believe something similar to below is what I'm looking for:

// * Setup Damage Popup
var _alias_mog_bhud_sprt_actor_setupDamagePopup = Sprite_Battler.prototype.setupDamagePopup
Sprite_Actor.prototype.setupDamagePopup = function() {
if (!$gameSystem.isSideView() && this._sprite_face) {
if (this._battler.isDamagePopupRequested()) {
var sprite = new Sprite_Damage();
sprite.x = this.x + this.damageOffsetX();
sprite.y = this.y + this.damageOffsetY();
sprite.setup(this._battler);
this._damages.push(sprite);
this.parent.addChild(sprite);
this._battler.clearDamagePopup();
this._battler.clearResult();
};
return;
};
_alias_mog_bhud_sprt_actor_setupDamagePopup.call(this);
};
I don't think the OP has been around for awhile so I'm not sure what could be done. Also, the plugin uses your game font in the current iteration so that may take a lot of work anyway.

Second, I'm not sure if this counts as hijacking or not (and it's almost borderline, though still within the subject of the discussed plugin) but there's also a thing about trying to mini-mod so don't quote me on that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Officially not a mod anymore. Thanks for the many years!
Thinking if i should post on the classifieds section...
Made another plugin showcase video! :kaojoy:
(Plugins and details inside the description of the YouTube video.) :LZScheeze:
Ami
Castle is my Biggest Fear :kaodes:. I just Managed make Part by Part (like the Entrance only),not the Entire Castle like in the RM Sample...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stout