VE - Death Counter

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This plugin allows you to setup actions that are used when the battler take a lethal attack, before it dies. This can be used to make enemies that uses a desperated last attack before dying and even create auto-revive effects, such as the Breath of Fire series ‘Guts’ or the Final Fantasy series ‘Auto Life’. You can also setup common events to be called when the battler dies, allowing to make cutscenes when the battler dies or even use it for event based systems.

Download:
Victor Engine - Death Counter

Credits:
Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited:

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Victor Sant

I'm getting an error with the Death Counter plugin. The common event is called but after that, the game crashes and will say "undefined is not a function". Another user reported the issue on the website and even without using other plugins in a clean project.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, when the boss is defeated with 0 HP and has a counter rate from the database, the boss will do an MV counter before the death counter plays (enemy's defeat quote).

Is there any way for the plugin to render the MV counters inactive once the death counter plays and enemy collapses?

Attachments

Last edited:

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
As far I know, there is no way to prevent the counter directly. Maybe you can use the plugin VE-Counter Actions to create a condition for the counter to prevent it.

Anyway, I will check both issues.

RK DracoRoy

Fire Emblem RPG Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used Yanfly's Counter Control plus with its evade counter and hit counter options. Even with just the VE-Counter Actions used instead of Yanfly's, the unintended counter skill occurs.

However, if the enemy is in knockout state after a condition was passed earlier during an multi-hit animation, the enemy won't counter at all but collapse instantly. With Death Counter enabled, they'll unintentionally do a counter before the death counter.

I hope a solution to this one part would be possible with an updated Death Counter, because I do use Yanfly's Counter plugin.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really do like this plugin and I can definitely use this to do defeat quotes for every actor and boss in battle like how Fire Emblem. I'll wait as long as needed.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It seems that this plugin is not working. I have everything setup according to your readme but when an enemies dies in my game there is no death counter. Please reply. I'm going to use this plugin extensively in my game.

Attachments

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
It seems that this plugin is not working. I have everything setup according to your readme but when an enemies dies in my game there is no death counter. Please reply. I'm going to use this plugin extensively in my game.
@Mkingdom - Try moving Victors Basic Module High up the list to just under Yanfly's Core Engine or core engine updates. Might work but not guarantees.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Mkingdom - Try moving Victors Basic Module High up the list to just under Yanfly's Core Engine or core engine updates. Might work but not guarantees.

I put it above and below Yanfly core engine. I'll try it on a blank project and see what happens.

Mkingdom

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I put it on a blank project and its still not working. Plugin's broken.

padr81

Guy whose game is taking too long.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
I put it on a blank project and its still not working. Plugin's broken.
Must be only compatible with an older version of MV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Did some animated message faces. But why not animate menu faces too?

Confession: I don't know how to make a custom intro screen. I've tried a plugin, but I want...something more. Something dynamic!
Ksi
Looking forward to messing around with MZ when it comes out in little over a week. Anyone else amped? What's the first thing you're gonna look at/try to do?
by now, I think most people know that I hate misanthropic bad guys, but I realize one more reason I hate them so much is because the motive is easy and takes no thought to come up with. It's actually more challenging to create a villain that doesn't have that motive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kientrucarcviet