VE - Diagonal Movement

Obsidian

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Is it possible to use this plugin to force only/default to diagonal movement, such as in Megaman Battle Network? Instead of single arrows being mapped to regular directions, they would be mapped to diagonal movements. The default 4 movements would optionally be disabled, or only usable through two keypresses at once. 

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Is it possible to use this plugin to force only/default to diagonal movement, such as in Megaman Battle Network? Instead of single arrows being mapped to regular directions, they would be mapped to diagonal movements. The default 4 movements would optionally be disabled, or only usable through two keypresses at once. 
With the plugin as it is, no. You would need to edit some part to acheive this.

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
When i use player chase event from Yanfly and Victor's diagonal movement plugin, when an event start chasin me and it detect i'm not in the same x line or y line than him, the event stop and the graphic of that event do not show itself corectly (head below, foot above) like it was trying to get a diagonal image. I checked in the Diagonal plugin config and the diagonal event is false. I'll tell the same thing to Yanfly. I know it's feel like a compatibility issue but maybe not. I'm not asking anything here, i just say it. 

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@solaris1111

What Yanfly plugin are you talking about? Point the exact plugin that is causing the issue might help to find a solution.

Ghost of Christmas Kloe

Ghost of a Princess Seagull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
When i use player chase event from Yanfly and Victor's diagonal movement plugin, when an event start chasin me and it detect i'm not in the same x line or y line than him, the event stop and the graphic of that event do not show itself corectly (head below, foot above) like it was trying to get a diagonal image. I checked in the Diagonal plugin config and the diagonal event is false. I'll tell the same thing to Yanfly. I know it's feel like a compatibility issue but maybe not. I'm not asking anything here, i just say it. 
I believe I've heard about a similar issue with Yanfly Event Chase and Yanfly Event Chase Stealth plugins and diagonal scripts!

Is it the same/similar to the issue mentioned in the post below?

@Victor Sant You ninja'd me!  :ninja:  Lol

Anyway, I believe he is talking about the Yanfly Event Chase Player and Yanfly Event Chase Stealth plugins!

Last edited by a moderator:

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
@solaris1111

What Yanfly plugin are you talking about? Point the exact plugin that is causing the issue might help to find a solution.
I say it right at the beginning of my message, event chase player. I want to add something, i discovered that there was no compatibility issue before the last update of YEP-Event Chase Player. I sent a message to Yanfly about it. But hey, compatibilty issue is something complicated so don't feel like you should do something about it. But maybe it's not compatibilty issue so i mentionned it. 

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Oh, i didn't even knew about such plugin, people should start linking the plugins when reporting compatibility issues, it's not like I know every single plugin other people releases.  :unsure:

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I found in one of my early demo the 1.00 version of YEP_EventChasePlayer and both plugin work in harmony. That solve my problem. (i developped a lot with the eventchaseplayer and also i could not accept to throw away VE-diagonalmovement :p)

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I found in one of my early demo the 1.00 version of YEP_EventChasePlayer and both plugin work in harmony. That solve my problem. (i developped a lot with the eventchaseplayer and also i could not accept to throw away VE-diagonalmovement :p)
If you can, send me both versions of the plugins, I might take a look on them to see what changed that caused the incompatibility.

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
If you can, send me both versions of the plugins, I might take a look on them to see what changed that caused the incompatibility.
The first version can be downloaded on my onedrive here https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=621575A879FB0EFC!14601&authkey=!ANIAo9oaX0ihzt8&ithint=file%2cjs

The last on Yanfly website here : https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd882rq5dukv3ip/YEP_EventChasePlayer.js?dl=0

Hope it can help in the dev of your plugin because i know you don't have a lot of time, i read your website ;)

Platsch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
If i move only diagonal, all the events begin to wobble (shake).

I have RPGMV Version 1.3.4

Platsch

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
N/A
I know now the problem.
If i make by the settings Diagonal Adjust change to false, then i have no problems.
If i change by Diagonal Adjust from false to true, then i have a problem.
If i move with the actor up,down,left,right (if Diagonal Adjust is true) - no problems.
Only i move diagonal with the actor (if Diagonal Adjust is true), all the events begin to wobble (shake).

please help

AlexFitz

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd love to use this plug in, but there's hardly any MV style character sets available with the 8 direction design as required in the script. How am I supposed to use that charset design when I can't find any? I'm not an artist so there's no way I can make my own.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
How am I supposed to use that charset design when I can't find any? I'm not an artist so there's no way I can make my own.
I think you're asking at the wrong place. I do codes, not graphics, if you need graphics you should ask at the resources sections.

ex0rschism

Neurotic Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there! I am using MOGs Char Poses and Chrono engine which has diagonal movement, but I've been trying to find a plugin that allows events to move diagonally. Since this plugin isn't compatible with Moghunters, I was wondering if it were possible to have a version of this plugin that had only events move diagonally, and nothing else? If not, no worries!

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello,

It appears that the event comment <block diagonal> doesn't work anymore. I turned off all plugins except VE Basic Module and VE Diagonal Movement, put <block diagonal> in a comment on the active page of the event, and it still moves diagonally. The plugin commands work, though.

KotoYama

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Does the plugin still work? Is it compatible with YEP Move Route Core's "MOVE TO: PLAYER" command? It didn't do anything for me. I wanted enemies to chase the player using the diagonal movement.
Are there any alternatives to this plugin?

Simientes

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi, im having a question as well.

is there a way to decide when to face corners with diagonal graphics? im trying with a kinda of isometric tiles but everytime i get in front of a diagonal wall the character faces either horizontal or vertical instead of up-left, up right, down-left etc

Edit: looool I've figured out, you have to turn off "Diagonal Fix"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

i deleted anime only family guy from now on
I've discovered Stardew Valley and now I'm an addict. To think that one person designed this...
There a thread out there that tells us the best way to open an RPG that isn't 'the protag gets out of bed'?
Updated my state Stacker Script on itch.io, github is down for some reason (probs just me).
Wife watching Locke and Key. This show is so bad!! You can't just acclimate to discovering magic or magical worlds in less than 60 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JosephTucker