VE - Direct Commands

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This plugin allows to set skills or items to be used directly when selecting the commands, so the skill or item selection menu won’t be opened. Useful to make commands with special effects’.

Download:
Victor Engine - Direct Commands

Credits:
Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Soul Gamer

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nice plugin. Curious as to whether or not this will work with other plugins that hide skills based on certain conditions. I'll have to try it when I get home later today.

gRaViJa

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
This could work very nicely in combination with Yanfly's limited skill uses plugin for my game, thanks :)

watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi Victor. I tried your plug-in and <direct skill: x> works but <direct skill: 5, usable> (and learned, possession) does not seem to work at all. 

I put them in the class notetag like so:

<direct skill: 31, usable>

<direct skill: 32, learned>

<direct skill: 33>

And only skill 33 shows up. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Using v.1.2.0.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
It looks really awkward in the skills section of Yanfly's skill menu. Any way to hide it?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@BloodletterQ

You should check on the skill menu plugin, since it is the one that control the visual display.

Michael Caiola

The Stone Bull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is the direct command supposed to show in the normal skill menu? The help file says, "Skills set as commands are not displayed on the actor skill list even if the actor learned the skill." So I thought it wouldn't show. If that's how it's supposed to work, that's fine. I don't it fixed or anything. Yanfly has a way to hide skills in field. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a bug.

EDIT: Yanfly's Skill Core has a notetag to hide and disable skills in the field but it doesn't work on skills added with Direct Commands. So is this is a bug? It kills the plugin for me.

2016-11-17-(2)_0000_2016-11-17-(1).png2016-11-17-(2)_0001_Layer-0.png

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
They aren't show at the skill list (the one bellow the actor status), they are show at the command list (the one on the left of  the actor status).

Michael Caiola

The Stone Bull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the reply. Is there an easy way to hide it from the command list outside of battle?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Thanks for the reply. Is there an easy way to hide it from the command list outside of battle?
Use the VE - Command Replace plugin and set a condition for it to show only in battle

Michael Caiola

The Stone Bull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Okay... how?

<command replace: 'Passive', ''>

result = $gameParty.inBattle();

</command replace>

That's in the help file. The skill name is Swing, the id is 84. I tried switching Passive with Swing to if it would even work to disable it in battle, then figured I'd try to tweak the code to do the opposite. But that code didn't work. So, how do I do it?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
This example is used to replace the command 'passive' with nothing while in battle, you want the opposite.

To add it in battle use 

<command replace: '', 'Your Command'>

result = $gameParty.inBattle();

</command replace>

Also, don't make the actor learn the skill, ther command replace 'forces' the direct command.

Michael Caiola

The Stone Bull
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
So, command replace can work like direct commands?

HintonR

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hello.

I'm trying direct commands and for some reason when conditions are used it is not able to display the skill, ever.
Back in 1.1.0, I did not encounter this problem, but as of 1.5.1; it's not working properly (the same way it use to)
Did something change with RPGmaker to read if a skill is usable or not?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.
The only thing getting me through today so far is coffee. And lots of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DerLaPux