VE - Enemy Skills

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This plugin allows you to setup skill that can be learned from enemies. The skill is learned when the actor is hit with it (like Final Fantasy series Blue Magic) or by observing the enemy using them (like Breath of Fire III and IV).

Download:

Victor Engine - Enemy Skills

Credits:

Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited by a moderator:

MysticSong

Reaction score
First Language
German/English
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much for this plugin!

I never really liked the idea of just learning skills by getting hit by them but loved Breath of Fire 3/4's approach by making you sacrifice a turn to learn skills.

Tolang

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to make it so that they have to use an ability when the enemy is on low hp, which kills it, then they learn a skill from the monster. Like in Quina in Final Fantasy 9?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Is there a way to make it so that they have to use an ability when the enemy is on low hp, which kills it, then they learn a skill from the monster. Like in Quina in Final Fantasy 9?
With this plugin as it is? No. It's checks the skills when the enemies uses them.

Nina888

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
It's possible to have a control comand for oblige the monster for cast the blue magic in you ?

But make a skill who have a kill blow and if the skill kill the enemy you gain his blue skill ?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
It's possible to have a control comand for oblige the monster for cast the blue magic in you ?
It's not this plugin function to control enemies actions. You will need a plugin that specifically do this.

But make a skill who have a kill blow and if the skill kill the enemy you gain his blue skill ?
With this plugin you can learn skill in two way based on the setup: being hit with the skill, observing the enemy using the skill. Anything beyond those two aren't possible with this plugin.

Nina888

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Thank you very much for this plugin!

I never really liked the idea of just learning skills by getting hit by them but loved Breath of Fire 3/4's approach by making you sacrifice a turn to learn skills.
For make this skill more interesting make like that : learn by look the enemy , make a gain of tp for the blue mage and it's a free cost .

Nina888

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
It's possible to learn with this plugin to work for specific skill and for only one character who is a blue mage ?

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
It's possible to learn with this plugin to work for specific skill and for only one character who is a blue mage ?
Yes, you can use the notetag in the actor or classes database.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
- Only the actors with the tag will be able to learn skills. (the tags can be placed on actors, classes, equips and states)

- Only the skills listed on the tag will be learnable.

Nina888

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
The observe skill don't work with my blue mage (i use the tric for create blue magic) i have missed anything ?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
i have missed anything ?
How can i know if you don't show what you did?

If you want help provide information of what you did, (preferable with screenshots)

Nina888

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Well, sorry i don't know how make a screen of rpg maker ... :unsure:

For saying what it's make it's like that :

I placed the observe text with the blue skill (for now just goblinpunch and mistral, for be sure to learn for the test i have make it in 100%) in a state and i place it with a skill but in test for learn with the troupe who use goblin punch but i din't learn it , i have placed it in the top of plugin and now in the bottom of plugin but it's don't work .

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Just press the Print Screen key, open paint and paste it.

What i need is the notetags you used. The notetags aren't mistake friendly. A wong placed whitespace or minimal typo can ruin the whole notetag setup. 

Nina888

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I think a thing who explain it's don't work : Rpg maker mv is in french in my home , sorry .

bit's like that (119 for goblin punch and 120 for Mistral )

<learn enemy skill>

type: observe

animation: 52

119 : 100%

120 : 100%

</learn enemy skill>

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Try using this notetag directly on the actor, instead of a state.

If the actor learn the skill, then the issue is with the state that is probably ending too early.

Nina888

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
ok i test it ...

but i have make it in a stat for make a skill for the blue mage (for now i have note the tric of blue magic of yanfly ).

But how i do the observe skill finaly ?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
But how i do the observe skill finaly ?
I think your issue is beliving that is the skill that do the learning. What does the learning is not the skill. The 'Observe skill' is just a skill that applies a state on the actor (similar to the guard skill).

What makes the actor learn the skill is the state, while it is active

So do as i said and test the notetag on the actor. If he learn the skill when the enemy uses it, then the issue is on the state. (probably it's timing is not right)

Nina888

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
So do as i said and test the notetag on the actor. If he learn the skill when the enemy uses it, then the issue is on the state. (probably it's timing is not right)

I have test but it's don't work , sorry .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.
Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP