VE - Event Conditions

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You might want to modify the plugin to use a Game_Interpreter instance. Otherwise, you will not be able to resolve "this" calls to the interpreter, which are usually used to identify the current event. Both Hime and myself have done similar plugins (though mine was only a temporary port of Hime's, because that plugin had the same issue first).

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
You might want to modify the plugin to use a Game_Interpreter instance. Otherwise, you will not be able to resolve "this" calls to the interpreter, which are usually used to identify the current event. Both Hime and myself have done similar plugins (though mine was only a temporary port of Hime's, because that plugin had the same issue first).
Actually it does. On the demonstration video I use "this._mapId" to refer to the event _mapId. My plugin do not process the coment, it just retrieve it from the Game_Event data.

All of my plugin's checks are done inside Game_Event (or Game_Troop) itself.So using "this" will always refer to the event.

Just to test, i used the code "this.eventId() === 1" and the page was active on the event id 1, but not on the others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Ah ok, i actually only searched for "Game_Interpreter" and jumped to conclusions :D That said, i'm not a fan of adding new methods to existing classes (especially when not prefixed with your name/namespace), so i would probably use a function inside your module and use .call on it, instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

The Ace attorney series are so great games... But at the same time such a travesty.
Made a video showcasing a plugin (by Lanza) that adds 5 more weather effects to our MV games. :LZYsmile: Namely:
Ash-dust,
bloodrain,
Cherry Blossom Petals,
Hail,
and bubbles.

I just like this website:
lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripleydx