VE - Event Conditions

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
You might want to modify the plugin to use a Game_Interpreter instance. Otherwise, you will not be able to resolve "this" calls to the interpreter, which are usually used to identify the current event. Both Hime and myself have done similar plugins (though mine was only a temporary port of Hime's, because that plugin had the same issue first).

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
You might want to modify the plugin to use a Game_Interpreter instance. Otherwise, you will not be able to resolve "this" calls to the interpreter, which are usually used to identify the current event. Both Hime and myself have done similar plugins (though mine was only a temporary port of Hime's, because that plugin had the same issue first).
Actually it does. On the demonstration video I use "this._mapId" to refer to the event _mapId. My plugin do not process the coment, it just retrieve it from the Game_Event data.

All of my plugin's checks are done inside Game_Event (or Game_Troop) itself.So using "this" will always refer to the event.

Just to test, i used the code "this.eventId() === 1" and the page was active on the event id 1, but not on the others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
Ah ok, i actually only searched for "Game_Interpreter" and jumped to conclusions :D That said, i'm not a fan of adding new methods to existing classes (especially when not prefixed with your name/namespace), so i would probably use a function inside your module and use .call on it, instead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

buinguyenhoangtho wrote on fizzly's profile.
Hello @fizzly, i would like to use your asset/ resource for my project ( is maybe commercial ). May i have your permission? Thanks you !
I have 470+ hours on RMMV but have only made a demo game, is this normal? :kaoswt: (I lose motivation a lot plus I use a 32gb laptop, so..)
I like Iron Maiden.
Benku wrote on Magnus0808's profile.
Hey man you helped me out a long time ago with a plugin i was wondering if you can help me out one more time since its literally the last thing i need help with if not is cool but id figured id ask you one more soild.
Stream will be live shortly with a guest stream! Tonight, a new guest joins~ Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gilgamegi