RMMV VE - Fog and Overlay issue, cannot find guide to make use of it.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hi everyone, i'm trying to understand how to use this plugin properly on a vanilla project for experimental battles.
My intent is to have a two scrolling battle backgrounds, 1 slow and the other fast for a highway effect.
However i'm stuck on how to actually establish the files, there folders and how to set it up in the first place for troops or map note tags.

Sadly I cannot for some reason provide links to the plugin or samples of my trials because the forum is bugged at the moment limiting my ability to do so.

Does anyone here know how to use this plugin and can provide me help?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
simply copy the adress of the link from the browser adress field into a text field here with copy&paste

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A

Wierd, last night the links weren't working so I left it at that but now they are.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK, then what is your problem? The plugin file contains full instructions on what folder to create and how to name the files depending on whether you want to display a fog in battle only or in map only or in both.
For the battle, you'll need the plugin commands to set fog data as there is no notes field - the note structure is only for the map fogs.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I just can't make sense of any of it, I've even copied what Kemsyn (another member) told me to do that worked for him in a simple battle scroll by having the same note tags that refer to battle related images with the '%' on the file. And all it does is crash replying with a cannot find '%25road' when I haven't even got 25 written down.

I'm really confused and this plugin seems to conflict with all the others I got to.
I'm thinking and trying out the yanfly improved battlebacks but even that isn't making sense for me and neither are the files being loaded.

I feel like I need to take baby steps with these plugins.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
OK
first thing, you misread the error message - but that is on Victor as he should really have used a different flag for that part of the filename.

If you get any error message like failed to load with a %-number code, then the entire group of three letters stands for a single letter that the browser can't handle - like %20 for spaces.

I don't know if the %25 is the code for the % symbol alone - I doubt that however.
So I now need screenshots of the entire error message, preferably from the console, to see where the error really is.
and a screenshot of the folder where you are placing the fog pictures, including its adress line, to compare for errors there.
and if you have that a third screenshot of the event where you give the plugin command to use that fog, to check if everything is correct there.

Skurge

Archtross Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
You can imagine my confusion where that unknown '25' comes into, it seems my project copy where I was experimenting on had accidentally been deleted but I think it might be best to start fresh again.

Still I managed to had some screenshots saved earlier but to further establish them in battle I'll start over.
As per requested here are the screenshots, however I do not have the formula on the battle part anymore. I think it wasn't written down properly to begin with.
da1.pngda2.pngda3.png

Edit: I forgot to turn off the plugins as I had on the experimental project file which involves my other plugins which make the intended project run in it's current states with all it's other plugins. I am however unsure if these are going to prove further problematic :s

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
you cannot mix several plugins with the same functions.
there are two plugins for fog on battlescreen that are invovled with that error, none of them being the VE fog and overlay you mentioned here in this topic.
That means you have mixed at least three different plugins for the same, and that never works.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

KenKrath wrote on RPGMakerWeb's profile.
Nevermind.
I found a book about game localization. It costs R$708,00 on Amazon. ;_;
I really wish my game was far enough along for it to be actually playable beyond certain aspects. I think I've crafted a really fun battle system thanks to ATB, fighting game, and Boost point mechanics.
Play test of my current progress on Happy Camper
Cutscene Contest Winners have been announced!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhayes