VE - FollowUp Skills

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This plugins allows you to setup skills that are used right after using another skill in battle. This can be used to make actions that have a secondary effect. Such as a weapon that can randomly cast a spell after the attack.

Download:

Victor Engine - FollowUp Skills

Credits:

Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited by a moderator:

hadecynn

Dreams Circle
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In the plugin description you mention that the target scope doesn't change. Would it be possible to make a plugin that does allow for a party-healing skill to follow after an enemy-attacking skill?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
In the plugin description you mention that the target scope doesn't change. Would it be possible to make a plugin that does allow for a party-healing skill to follow after an enemy-attacking skill?
As the plugin is now, no. Due to how I did for the plugin to keep the same targets for the action, it basically copies the targeting info from the previous action. I could open an exception for all/single target. But enemy/ally was tricky, while i could do change the scope, the target index was not changed so it would end healing an unrelated character. For example, if the actor on slot 1 attacked the enemy on slot 2 and would cast a healing skill, it would heal the actor on slot 2.

I will try to find a way to fix that later.

Pine Towers

Knight Hospitaller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Another great plugin, @Victor Sant. Following the @hadecynn suggestion, one way to make the heal ally after enemy is attacked is cheking the party member with the least HP (%). This way, even if the player doesn't have control over the heal target, it will most of the time be a good application of a heal.

This could include state removing or even state applying (like a cover skill where you shoot a target to provide a cover bonus to an ally).

Thank you for all your efforts.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@hadecynn @Pine Towers

I've made that, if the action is for single allies, it targets always the user, checking for hp% woudn't be the best solution since it's not only healing spells that can target allies, bug also buffs withtout any healing. This was the best solution I could find without using other arbitrary criteria that would feel odd.

Chaos17

Dreamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I just tried your plugin and if I understood it right it's only for 1 actor ?

Because I tried to setup a follwing skill when Actor B react to Actor A skill and it didn't do a thing.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
This plugin is not for one actor to react to another.

It just makes the actor cast another skill after the first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

finally, the B-tile is added to the forum and steam!
I hope my annual #DoItForHargon contest gets lots of entries this year (since a Playstation 5 is a pretty big prize lol) XD On further news - I'm back to game devving next week after hiatus cause of that tragedy of losing everything I own.
Rome Trastevere deserve a tileset. Mumble mumble...
Before the full time job, I can make 1 MZ plugin per day, even though it's still hard; With the full time job, making 1 such plugin per week becomes just as hard lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adafon