VE - Free Jump

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This script adds a jumping system to the game, you can have the character to jump when the key set is pressed. While jumping, the character will not trigger events and terrain damage.

Download:
Victor Engine - Free Jump

Credits:
Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
ITs very cool :D That's what i have been waiting for. Thank u soooo much :D

RyanA

Happy Cat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Duuude! Another amazing script, thank you! You really rock :3

Rayhaku808

Chubbizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If there were a better word to describe this other than "perfect", I'd use that word here.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really think the title of this script does not at all do it justice. I looked at it out of curiousity, but thinking "You can event a jump, why do you need a script?"

This is so far beyond a "jump" script, it looks amazing. I would seriously reconsider the name. Maybe Moving Platforms system? I dunno. "Free Jump" just does not even begin to describe the capabilities of this thing. Very impressive and I can't wait to try it out!

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
In fact, the script only really adds the jump, the other functions are from the Moving Plaforms, i just made them separated because i'm sure people would ask for the jump separated from the plafotm, since it very complex.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Wow, I feel brilliant for not seeing that at the top of the video. :D

Seriously though, the whole thing is incredible.

VideoWizard

Dragon Kingdoms Series producer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Does this mean that fall damage is coming to RPG Maker games? Anyway, this brings a whole new way to play. Want to jump off a cliff? No problem! I could see a swimming script coming with all the falling into the water.

Tecprincess

Lady Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
When I got this, it asked me for Victor basic Module. Now in the instruction, says put it under Materials. When I do that, when the game starts up, it says it needs "Victor basic Module 2.25 or what ever the updated one is. Then so I put it under Module and it reads.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Seriously... you shouldn't try to use my scripts until you're more experienced...

Trust me, if you don't know even where to paste them, you will not be able to do absolutely anything with them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Castern

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
@Victor epic script dude, this really adds a whole new dimension to dungeons/map exploration...thanks a lot for all of the time and effort you put into making them.

@ Tecprincess The scripts require some more of victor's scripts in order for them to work, and they must be pasted in order. First is "Basic Module 1.25,"...next is... "Pixel Movement 1.04"...next is the Moving Platforms script and after that is the

Free Jump script. Lines 301-303 of the Moving Platforms script has the list, and all of the above scripts can be found on his website.

Tecprincess

Lady Noob
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Seriously... you shouldn't try to use my scripts until you're more experienced...

Trust me, if you don't know even where to paste them, you will not be able to do absolutely anything with them.
Some times I tend to skim through readings and don't read the entire thing and I skip important spots. I read this but didn't click to me and didn't read

Requires the script 'Victor Engine - Basic Module' v 1.25 or higher

# Requires the script 'Victor Engine - Pixel Movement' v 1.04 or higher

# If used with 'Victor Engine - Moving Platform' place this bellow it.

# If used with 'Victor Engine - Terrain States' place this bellow it.

the full of what it was trying to say. and I didn't see the rest. But learn from people correcting me, Reading isn't my strongest suit. Don't have to be rude about it. I know you right good scripts just from looking through your website. I know they are compucated scripts. But I am a person who will even have trouble on the easiest ones like Jet's side view battle system. Took me while to get it straighten out, but people weren't being rude about it. So I have trouble where to place a script. Could helped me with that instead so I can learn from it instead. If you have a tutorial for stuff, I am happy to read those instead. I am trying to do my best. I just decided do the rpgmaker month ago so I am still learning.

@Castern: Thank you.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Victor, would it be cool with you if I made up and released some custom graphics for your platform and jumping systems? Examples being custom platforms and anything else that may go along with this.

I was just watching the video you made and thought to myself that it would be cool to have special graphics for some of the features.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Victor, would it be cool with you if I made up and released some custom graphics for your platform and jumping systems?
This is a script, not a resource package.Graphics are users responsability.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
No, I mean, would you be ok if I shared some custom graphics with the community that would be used with your system? That way people can have some special stuff to go along with it. However, if you are uncomfortable with that, that is ok too. I can keep the graphics on my computer just as easily.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
You are free to share resources, no need to ask me since these resources wouldn't be directly tied with the script and could be used without it.

hyde9318

RMC Coordinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sounds good to me then. You take good care, Victor. I will see you around sometime.

ACE RyanAnayaMc

New to Game Making
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Can you make it so that the actor changes to a certain spriteset when you jump?

Bloodmorphed

Dungeon Fanatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello Victor. First I PMed you about the fall sound not working. However I'm having trouble with a bit more then that.

Me and brother have figured out moving platforms and having a height and shadow on it. However we can't quite get the jumping platforms to cliffs. When the platform gets to the cliff you can walk on. However you can't walk off, or jump off. You can't jump on if the event isn't next to the cliff either.

We can't really find a good explanation on how to do this. (Or we just haven't looked hard enough). I do know you said you are NOT going to make a demo. But for people who don't have an extreme amount of experience with this it gets quite confusing. Heck the only reason we figured out how to do what we did was trial and error. But I feel no matter how much trial and error we do here it will not work. I feel as if the region height isn't explained enough (at least for me) or trying to make the cliff jumping platforms, similar to the one in your video, work.

Sorry if this actually is a quite stupid question.

Thank you for your time!

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I don't give support via PM and the fall sound is working fine.

It's not supposed to be simple, in fact it is the most complex script i have.

Also, i didn't get what you want to do, but your problem is probably a passability issue the cliff region don't make tiles surrounding it passable. Make all tiles around cliffs passable

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! I will be beginning a play-through of Resident Evil 4! Feel free to drop by!

1st iteration on castle interior in Tiled.
I've started up Pillars of Eternity. It's interesting how the game does a "select choice" cutscene using still image art for dramatic flair. I wonder if that might work for my RPGMaker project.
The self-righteous indignation of family when you expect them to pay back money you've leant to them never ceases to amaze me.
Gamedev for relaxing? yes or no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anonymous_game_dev