VE - Loop Animation

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This plugin allows to display looping and cycling animations, the animation loops indefinitely, and if there’s more than one they cycles between them. They’re used to display status effects or can be called to display some visual effect. This can be used to replace the overlay display for states or to display states on enemies.

Download:

Victor Engine - Loop Animation

Credits:

Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited by a moderator:

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks Victor, i've been waiting for a animation notetag overlay since MV came out.

Alvonso

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
very nice, but.. in map, what's different between this and paraller proces?

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
very nice, but.. in map, what's different between this and paraller proces?
- Ease to use (a single notetag opposed to a more complex event and easier to assign to multiple different objects)

- Possible Lag (for example, to display 5 different looping animation on 5 events, it would be needed 5 parallel process)

- Displaying multiple cycling animations for states.

- Displaying multiple animations on the same target for states.

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Been wanting this plugin.

thanks Victor!

Keep up the good work!

Lilucario

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
First off, thanks for the amazing plugins, I'm already using a bunch of them in my project!

However I have a small problem with this one.

I've been trying to use this plugin to make a state with a looping animation on my actor, but whenever I try to apply the state, it gives me an error : "TypeError: undefined is not a function".

Here's the error log

rpg_managers.js:1618 TypeError: undefined is not a function
at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.hideLoopDisplay (file:///C:/Users/Pat/Documents/Games/ProjectFantasy/js/plugins/VE_LoopAnimation.js:613:40)
at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Base.addLoopAnimation (file:///C:/Users/Pat/Documents/Games/ProjectFantasy/js/plugins/VE_LoopAnimation.js:501:13)
at Sprite_Actor.<anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/Pat/Documents/Games/ProjectFantasy/js/plugins/VE_LoopAnimation.js:535:66)
at Array.forEach (native)
at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Base.addStateAnimationsData (file:///C:/Users/Pat/Documents/Games/ProjectFantasy/js/plugins/VE_LoopAnimation.js:533:36)
at Sprite_Actor.<anonymous> (file:///C:/Users/Pat/Documents/Games/ProjectFantasy/js/plugins/VE_LoopAnimation.js:528:41)
at Array.forEach (native)
at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Base.addStateAnimations (file:///C:/Users/Pat/Documents/Games/ProjectFantasy/js/plugins/VE_LoopAnimation.js:527:13)
at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Battler.updateStateLoop (file:///C:/Users/Pat/Documents/Games/ProjectFantasy/js/plugins/VE_LoopAnimation.js:629:9)
at Sprite_Actor.Sprite_Base.update (file:///C:/Users/Pat/Documents/Games/ProjectFantasy/js/plugins/VE_LoopAnimation.js:404:8)

I'm also using most of Yanfly's plugins above all the VE plugins, as well as some Hime plugins and Moghunter plugins below the VE plugins.

(This is my first post here, plz be gentle)

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I'm also using most of Yanfly's plugins above all the VE plugins, as well as some Hime plugins and Moghunter plugins below the VE plugins.
Before I try looking blindly on a issue that might be a compatibility, Can you confirm if this also happens on a clean project without other plugins?

If this does happen only on the project with all other plugins it's a compatibility issue and i will need you to find out wich plugin is causing that. I can't simply look blindly on a list with more than one hundred plugins to find out wich one is causing the issue.

Lilucario

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Just tried it in a clean project (only plugins are VE Basic Module and Loop Animation), and while it didn't give an error, there was no animation playing when the state was apllied.

I used the notetag <loop animation: 101, state, 1>, which should show a darkness animation when inflicted by the state, but nothing happened.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I used the notetag <loop animation: 101, state, 1>, which should show a darkness animation when inflicted by the state, but nothing happened.
I just copy/paste this same notetag into a state notebox and added the state on the actor and everything was fine. Where did you place the notetag? Screenshots of your setup would be helpful.

Also, since the crash didn't happen it pretty sure it's an incompatibility and I will need you to find wich plugin is causing it so I can check if a fix is possible.

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
There's a compatibility issue with Yanfly's animated battlers plugin. However, it only happens when using animated sprites and not when using static images.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
By 'animated battlers' you mean the YEP_BattleEngineCore? Also, what happens on this compatibility issue?

Lilucario

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
The ennemies sprites were static though, and I was applying the state on my party.

EDIT: I tried to turn off Yanfly Animated SV enemies, and it still gave me a typeError

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I have updated the plugin, who was having the issue can check if it is working now?

@Quote when reporting error, provide a screenshot of the console error message (press F8 during test play), The in-game error message is quite useless as it give little to no clue about where the error happened.

omen613

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Love your scripts Victor!

Your update fixed an issue I was having when states were being applied to actor but I'm having an issue when removing states now from enemies. Let me know if you need any further information.

Screen Shot 2016-03-16 at 8.22.04 AM.png

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Hi Victor. It fixed the loop animation over actors. Everything work fine so far. I'll keep you updated if needed.

Warper
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Getting this this now. (Sorry about before, didn't know about the F8 thing)

solaris1111

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I found another bug and i don't think it's a compatibility issue. If one hero have a loop animation on him and the enemy have the same on it, when it dies, the game crash and it says : [object Object]addChildAt: index 11 cannot supplied index 10 (something near that, sorry i can't find the console on the new rmmv update)

Hope it help in something.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Quote. @solaris1111, @omen613

Updated the plugin, check if it still having those issues. (I couldn't reproduce them here, so this is a guess based on the lines that caused the errors).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been debating on this as the title screen for a while now...
Ami
--- Dialog Filter ---

Gunner: Yo! my ****** friend?
Hero: Uhh,what happen with your mouth?
Gunner: Huh? what ****** happen with my mouth? i just speech as usual.
Hero: But,your mouth are like the garbage!
Gunner: Hey,what the **** are you say? you want the piece of **** with my ****** Gun!
(Meanwhile,The Dialog Filter In The Option Is Off)
Demo for Maze of the Lost MZ released. I would appreciate any and all feedback and constructive criticism. If you like Dungeon Crawlers and JRPG's with a hint of Metroidvania and Shadowgate/Uninvited you might like it. https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/maze-of-the-lost-mz-demo-port-from-mv.127971/
Well, here it is, colored. :kaoslp:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zelda3469