VE - Masters

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This plugin reproduces the ‘masters’ sytem from the ‘Breath of Fire’ series. It allows the actors to become disciple of NPCs called ‘master’. While training with a master the actor can learn skill and the parameters gained at level up are adjusted according to the master.

Download:

Victor Engine - Masters

Credits:

Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited by a moderator:

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I'm a huge fan of this plugin.

However, I spotted an incompatibility with yanfly's "auto passive state" : http://yanfly.moe/2015/10/17/yep-13-auto-passive-states/

I tested deactivating the yanfly's plugin and your plugin works like a charm. Otherwise, there is a "stack" bug.

Is there anything you could do to fix this ?

By the way, since it is in the same subject, do you plan on porting your "state auto apply" script from VX Ace to MV ? (I would use that instead of yanfly's auto passive state, because I loved it in VX ace)

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
My own passive state plugin has no issue with that, specially considering that this plugin was designed based on it.

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Oh, I thought I had checked thoroughly before posting but obviously I missed it.

Thank you for your quick reply. This is perfect.

I do have a question on this passive plugin but I'll ask it in the appropriate forum.

Arkaik

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Duuuuuuuuuuuude!!!

That's exactly what I was looking for! :guffaw:

You're the best, man!

P.S: 2 questions:

- Does it have any indicator at the menu of which master the actor choose?

- I'd like to change the actor's bust based on which master I choose, so, if there's no one it will be 'none.jpg', but if I choose 'Alex' then i'll set to 'AlexDisciple.jpg'. Is that possible?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I was just thinking about a system like this the other day! I'm glad it got made. Thanks!

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
- Does it have any indicator at the menu of which master the actor choose?
The plugin parameter 'Replace Nickname', if turned ON, allows you to replace the nickname/second name of the character with the current master information. Other than that you have to add the code manually.

- I'd like to change the actor's bust based on which master I choose, so, if there's no one it will be 'none.jpg', but if I choose 'Alex' then i'll set to 'AlexDisciple.jpg'. Is that possible?
The pluin offer no option to control the character graphics based on the master.

Arkaik

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The plugin parameter 'Replace Nickname', if turned ON, allows you to replace the nickname/second name of the character with the current master information. Other than that you have to add the code manually.

The pluin offer no option to control the character graphics based on the master.

No problem. It's perfect this way.

Thanks a lot Victor!

I'm so excited! My project was really needing this! :guffaw: :rock-right:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This community is awesome. They helped me get my eventing processes to work. I love you all.
suspended on twitter for calling an ahole an ahole & appealing the tweet; furious at myself for being even slightly upset with my suspension: oh no, you've been temporarily banned from hell. GET OVER IT, me.
how can you download the tiles from a forum post here? HELP
That moment when you post the wrong download link to your game and wonder why it got so few downloads... :mad:
Trying to make it so my map is cleared of "random" events after the player leaves the map... to little success >.< I think I might need to ask help for this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CecilGP