VE - Materia System

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses

This plugin replicate the Materia system from the game Final Fantasy VII. You can attach ‘materias’ on the actor equipment to gain skills, parameter boost and varied special effects. Besides the original features, there are some new features such as the possibility to attach materias directly to the actor and add more than two linked slots at once.

Download:
Victor Engine - Materia System

Credits:
Author: Victor Sant

Terms of Use

Last edited:

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Seeing the body, mind, and soul thing made me think that perhaps a Suikoden-style Rune system could be done with some tweaking. I'm sure that some other uses may be found too...

I wonder if there's a way to add more slots should I decide I'm just sticking with character-based "materia."

Last edited by a moderator:

Pern

Hello
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
All these Materia systems are niiiiiiice :] Thank you

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Do you know if this is compatible with Yanfly's Engine? 

Saneterre

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
Great job, Victor !

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I didn't found issues using it YEP_CoreEngine and YEP_BattleCore, other plugins you will have to test yourself.

A demo please???  ;)
Sorry, i don't work with demos. Keeping updated demos requires time that I don't have available.

silvermoon27

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This was just what I needed. Thank you! 

*...Hmm... I don't know if this is something about my laptop but whenever I try to download it says it's a virus (i checked and it was a trojan horse!) and my computer blocks it.

I thought that it could be google chrome, so I copied the script and pasted it in notepad to save it as a .js file but it still was  detected as a virus. Bummer.

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
That is what I got after I set a simply notetag like this:

<materia slots: 0=0> (in the weapon) or in the Actor Database

<materia slots>

Mind: 0=0

</materia slots>

I tried even in a fresh project with only VE-Core and VE-MateriaSystem

I found an issue with the YEP_X_BattleStatistics (it crashes in the Status Menu when triyng to visual the status rate)

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I wonder if there's a way to add more slots should I decide I'm just sticking with character-based "materia."
Currently, the only way to change the actor slots is, instead of assign it to the actor, assign it to the class, and then change the class. I was going to add this to states to allow a better control over the actor slots, but I didn't add it for a reason... a reason I don't remember now  :distrust:  If i don't remember what was the reason that kept me from addting this feature to states, then i will add and hope for the best  :D

@ShidoLionheart thanks for the report, I already fixed it, you can check if it work fine now.

I will take a look at the YEP plugin issue and see if anything can be done to solve that.

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
*...Hmm... I don't know if this is something about my laptop but whenever I try to download it says it's a virus (i checked and it was a trojan horse!) and my computer blocks it.

I thought that it could be google chrome, so I copied the script and pasted it in notepad to save it as a .js file but it still was  detected as a virus. Bummer.
This happens for the Materia System or the Basic Module?

If it's the basic module then the issue might be the code used to check the plugin's name (if the plugin's name is changed the plugin might stop working, so i added a way to check for it so it will still work even if the name is changed).

This code checks for the script currently running and your Antivirus might be going freak "omg! this code want to know the current script name, it must be a virus!"

@ShidoLionheart Found the issue with YEP_X_BattleStatistics and already solved it, again thanks for reporting.

BloodletterQ

Chaotic Neutral Assassin
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Currently, the only way to change the actor slots is, instead of assign it to the actor, assign it to the class, and then change the class. I was going to add this to states to allow a better control over the actor slots, but I didn't add it for a reason... a reason I don't remember now  :distrust:  If i don't remember what was the reason that kept me from addting this feature to states, then i will add and hope for the best  :D

Thanks for that bit of advice but it's something on my wish list  should you decide to update. At least I know it's possible.

I feel like once you ignore that it's titled Materia by default, RPG Makers may be able to change it up so that it can resemble another skill system. With the levelling system, perhaps a Suikoden-style Rune system can be made from this as well.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I didn't found issues using it YEP_CoreEngine and YEP_BattleCore, other plugins you will have to test yourself.

Sorry, i don't work with demos. Keeping updated demos requires time that I don't have available.

ok ... since you have posted a video of a project to to show how they work, I was hoping that by posting it to ... just seemed already set as the system !!! or not??? :)

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
ok ... since you have posted a video of a project to to show how they work, I was hoping that by posting it to ... just seemed already set as the system !!! or not???
My test project is a total mess, with several incomplete codes and shortcuts meant to be used for my tests, it would cofunse people more than help. Not to mention all the content, such dlc content that I can't share open.

There is no way for me release it as it is. To release a demo i would need to clean it and prepare it properly, also i would need to keep it updated. This requires time, a time that i belive to be more productive spent doing plugins and answering questions about them.

Lionheart_84

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
My test project is a total mess, with several incomplete codes and shortcuts meant to be used for my tests, it would cofunse people more than help. Not to mention all the content, such dlc content that I can't share open.

There is no way for me release it as it is. To release a demo i would need to clean it and prepare it properly, also i would need to keep it updated. This requires time, a time that i belive to be more productive spent doing plugins and answering questions about them.

ah, okay, I did not know !!! :( okay ... I'll try to juggle with the plugin !!! ;) Thank you for your kindness !!! :p

silvermoon27

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This happens for the Materia System or the Basic Module? 
It happens for the materia system.

Hmm.... I'll try to download it on another computer and see what happens.

**Eeyy, it worked! Thanks again for the plugin! 

ShidoLionheart

Cuor di Leone
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Victor, in the guide inside the plugin you forgot to put this notetag:

<materia ap: x> to set the AP the enemy gives to actor.

Solis

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
I'm having an issue with duplication of commands: 

http://imgur.com/8DQXaMo

Second issue is that I dont seem to see the stats reflected on the character after I've equipped the material when I add through regular parameter settings; however, it is reflect with I add the extra stats through traits. 

http://imgur.com/a/iQ1nM

Victor Sant

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
@Solis thanks for the report.

The first issue happens on a blank project?

- if not, it's probably a incompatibility and I will need you to find out wich plugin is causing that.

- If it happens even on a blank project, i will need more information about your setup to find out the issue.

The second issue is fixed, the fix will be available the next time I update the plugin (later today or tomorrow).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Potato The game! Few concepts for characters to my game.
Well, well, well, well....Lemme get a look at this fanart.
The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
I'm getting close to releasing a demo. Working on formatting my Games in Development post.
I always see a few people asking for C# in next engine and I always thought: Do I not know enough about that language to tell it will affect extensibility and customizability to the negative? Watching a video from SumRndmDde today I feel confirmed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
berriefarm