VE - Materia System

EmanueleSpeed

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Italian
Primarily Uses
I think it's easier if you show screenshots of the actor notes tags, weapon note tags and what it looks like in game play
It does not read what I insert in the notetag of weapons but only that of the notetag actor. image 4 without equipped weapon, remains unchanged

Attachments

Reactions: J-G

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your weapon is setup wrong.
You only need the tag.

<materia slots: 0=0:0:0, growth 2>

Erase every else from the tag.

The icon for the materia is set on the armor that will he the materia, not the weapon.

The icon for the slots is setup on the plugin.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I love the Materia System from FFVII but I have a little confusing issue have the Fire skill already learn but when I level up I see the magic skill 3 times over and I don't know how to fix it.

(P.S: Sorry if my English is a bit off am not really good at spelling or grammar)

Attachments

Cobax93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I am trying to figure out about the Added Effect Materia system.
its not granted my character immunity to states when linked with other materia (such as poison) on my armor slot nor is it inflicting stats to enemy on weapon slot

<materia>

type: support

ap: 1000000

price: 1400000

Icon: 88

Paired: added effect

</materia>

__jeanne_d_arc_minamoto_no_raikou_jeanne_d_arc_and_minamoto_no_raikou_fate_and_1_more_drawn_by...png

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think status needs to be changed to say states if those numbers represent the states your trying to apply

Cobax93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think status needs to be changed to say states if those numbers represent the states your trying to apply
i did that and it still does not work and it showing the skills under added effect which it should not be1576809290364.png

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<materia>

type: support

ap: 1000000

price: 1400000

Icon: 88

Paired: added effect +20%, 'name of state'

</materia>

The state you want to apply has to be in the materia that it will be paired with. Under the traits

Edit** sorry I mean in the skill that the materia will cast.

Cobax93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
i think i forgotten to put "State: x" on the poison materia, which is why the added effect on weapon slot did not work. i had to use Yanfly plugin of Extended Damage Over Time for regen/damage instead of trait %

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh ok. You did it different then I did.

Cobax93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
but a new problem has been made. idk if there any plugins that are defected, needs a update or not compatible to the Materia plugin or am i missing something1576906156523.png

Cobax93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
well i think i fix that issue now. had to turn off Yanfly CoreUpdatesOpt plugin

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I had the same issue a while back but I have mine still on. I did something else to fix the issue but I cannot remember what it was. All I know right now is that all my VE plugins are on top of YEPs plugins

Cobax93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love the Materia System from FFVII but I have a little confusing issue have the Fire skill already learn but when I level up I see the magic skill 3 times over and I don't know how to fix it.

(P.S: Sorry if my English is a bit off am not really good at spelling or grammar)
what does your Materia Note tag look like?
mine for example1576967156865.png
1576967302557.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
My notetag was like that but it turns out it was an compatability issue with Yanfly Level up aftermath plugin when J-G was helping me out I do have Yanfly Update opt on and most of my yanfly stuff is on top the VE plugins but am doing something a little different with the Materia System anyways.

This is an old build but this is was how it was set up before I scraped the idea and went back to my original idea:

Attachments

Cobax93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
a challenge with the Destruct Materia combine with Added effect. but i am using the tips and tricks from Yanfly Death (Final Fantasy 11) using that skill will kill a enemy and consume all MP. depending how much MP you have is determined the successes rate, but using it on bosses will only damage them depending your MP. the issue is, Yanfly way for the skill Death has no states. can't find a way around it, having the trait of States resist Knockout will keep that character alive when its HP is zero from attacks or skills

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey,

I was wondering if there way any way (likely a script call or something) to set the AP of a certain materia? Something along the lines of setap[30] 100 to set the AP of all owned materia based off of armor id 30 to 100?

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not understanding. Do you mean like a bulk setup for a bunch that will have the same As needed?

Cobax93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Im wondering is how can the actor start with like two Materia when playing newgame.
ex: main character starts with Fire and Lightning Materia

J-G

Adventurer
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Im wondering is how can the actor start with like two Materia when playing newgame.
ex: main character starts with Fire and Lightning Materia
Add them to a parallel event so that it's in their bag. Sadly I have yet to find a way to make them have it equip at start.
So the work around is use a tutorial on how materia works or something like that.

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not understanding. Do you mean like a bulk setup for a bunch that will have the same As needed?
Ah, sorry. I'll try to explain what I'm doing a bit better.

For my project, I only have 1 copy of each materia obtainable. These materia are separated by element, so for example, I have 5 different materia that are based around the "fire" element.

Instead of gaining AP by battle, I want to have all "fire" materia to gain a set amount of AP every time you find another of the 5 "fire" materia. This way, all of your "fire" materia are essentially leveling up every time you find a new one.

I hope this makes sense. If not, definitely let me know, and I'll try to explain it differently.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

*Buys all the PVGames assets, ends up creating his own ground tiles.* At least I used the other types of graphics? Right? :kaoswt:
If you could fold a sheet of paper 42 times, the stack would reach from the earth to the moon. Do whatever you want with that information.
wishing that everyone stays safe at this time
Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADBOY9000