VE - Materia System

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah, sorry. I'll try to explain what I'm doing a bit better.

For my project, I only have 1 copy of each materia obtainable. These materia are separated by element, so for example, I have 5 different materia that are based around the "fire" element.

Instead of gaining AP by battle, I want to have all "fire" materia to gain a set amount of AP every time you find another of the 5 "fire" materia. This way, all of your "fire" materia are essentially leveling up every time you find a new one.

I hope this makes sense. If not, definitely let me know, and I'll try to explain it differently.
Ohh okay, I think I understand. As far as I know you may not give Ap in that fashion so maybe someone can tweak the plugin to add a command to do that.
Im wondering is how can the actor start with like two Materia when playing newgame.
ex: main character starts with Fire and Lightning Materia
Okay I think I found a way for you. Simply have the materia giving with a parallel event like I stated earlier and then use this to equip it.
EquipMateria actor equip slot materia
* - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* Equips a materia on an actor.
* actor : actor Id.
* equip : index of the slot set.
* slot : id of the slot.
* materia : id of the materia.
* Ex.: EquipMateria 1 1 2 15
* EquipMateria 4 3 4 16
* ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Unequipmateria actor equip slot
* Removes a materia from an actor.
* Ex.: Unequipmateria 1 1 2
* Unequipmateria 4 3 4

They are commands. You can read more in the plugin description. It toward the bottom

Cobax93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Ohh okay, I think I understand. As far as I know you may not give Ap in that fashion so maybe someone can tweak the plugin to add a command to do that.

Okay I think I found a way for you. Simply have the materia giving with a parallel event like I stated earlier and then use this to equip it.
EquipMateria actor equip slot materia
* Ex.: EquipMateria 1 1 2 15
* EquipMateria 4 3 4 16
* Unequipmateria actor equip slot
* Removes a materia from an actor.
* Ex.: Unequipmateria 1 1 2
* Unequipmateria 4 3 4

They are commands. You can read more in the plugin description. It toward the bottom
that im not good at understanding that
tutor or how u done it would be helpful though.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that im not good at understanding that
tutor or how u done it would be helpful though.
Equips a materia on an actor.

You would put this command, just an example
EquipMateria 1 1 2 15

First number is the actor ID or number of actor you want it equipped to you can see the number in your database
Second number is the number for the equipment, for example weapon would be ID 1, armor would be ID 4 etc. All in the data base to check which ID belongs to what. Just make sure they match what the equipment you allowed to have slots in the actor tags.
Third number is the actual slot number, so if for say your sword has 3 slots. This will be the slot number you want the materia to go into
Fourth number is the ID in the database for the materia you created.

Cobax93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Equips a materia on an actor.

You would put this command, just an example
EquipMateria 1 1 2 15

First number is the actor ID or number of actor you want it equipped to you can see the number in your database
Second number is the number for the equipment, for example weapon would be ID 1, armor would be ID 4 etc. All in the data base to check which ID belongs to what. Just make sure they match what the equipment you allowed to have slots in the actor tags.
Third number is the actual slot number, so if for say your sword has 3 slots. This will be the slot number you want the materia to go into
Fourth number is the ID in the database for the materia you created.
awesome, thanks.

Starmongoose

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi there, I was wondering if someone could tell me how to resolve an issue I'm having. I'm trying to use this in conjuction with Yanfly's auto passive states. I want to create a passive skill my character can buy that will give them extra slots on their weapon, but the state always seems to override the weapons slots. (If the skill gives a materia slot, then the weapon only has one materia slot even if it used to have 2 or more). Or it will just create a whole new duplicate of the weapon with the slots.

eg.

<Materia Slots>

Equip 1: 0=0

</Materia Slots>

creates a copy of the weapon I have in slot 1 to use.

Roguedeus

It's never too late to procrastinate...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Edit:
It would appear I'm a moron... Ignore this post. ;)

Thanks.

Last edited:

RadicalRadish

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey there!

I've got a problem when changing classes.

I have setup "Class 1" like this:
<materia slots>
Slot 2: 0:0:0
</materia slots>

and "Class 2" like that:
<materia slots>
Slot 2: 0:0:0
Slot 3: 0=0:0:0=0
</materia slots>

Now when I go into the game I have
two slots available that work fine:
"slot 1" (which i setup in the actor's notepad) & "slot 2" (which he gets from "Class 1")

If I change the actors class from "Class 1" to "Class 2" the actor aquires the 3rd slot, but the slot isn't functional, only the first two that the actor had when starting the game are.

I tried this with any number of slots now...
The "new gained" slots never show any equippable materia.

Basically all I wanna do is giving the player the ability to get new slots to equip more materia (through upgrade events or items for example)

I have no other scripts installed but the basic module and the materia system.
Am I doing something wrong with my setup? Or is there any other way to add new slots to an actor?

Edit: I've found a workaround for this problem now.
I set up a "dummy" class with the maximal slots I want to use in the end and change it to the class I want right after the game starts.
This way every slots "added" through class-changing work like they are supposed to later on.

Last edited:

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, quick question. Is there any way in which I can open up the Materia equip scene, but only for 1 actor (without being able to access other actors in the party)?

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably not without changing how the plugin is coded or using another plugin to get those results

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
but only for 1 actor
Maybe. I haven't used MV like almost ever, but I see in the code that on line 2485 & 2486 is the options for pageup and pagedown
If you comment those out does it do what you want?
A comment for java script is two slashes in front of the code. //

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe. I haven't used MV like almost ever, but I see in the code that on line 2485 & 2486 is the options for pageup and pagedown
If you comment those out does it do what you want?
A comment for java script is two slashes in front of the code. //
Thank you, this does indeed limit it like I'm looking to.

Knowing this, is there a way that I can have these two lines enabled/disabled depending on if a switch is on/off?

Similarly, is there a plguin command that brings up the Materia window of a chosen actor (I could have sworn I've used one before, but can't seem to find it again).

To be specific in what I'm looking to do, I'm trying to create a skill that will allow this specific actor to edit his, and only his, Materia mid battle.

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
is there a plguin command that brings up the Materia window of a chosen actor
This would require some recoding. the command for the scene is SceneManager.push(Scene_MateriaEquip)
This in itself brings up the materia screen for the first actor. You would need to pass arguments into this call to be able to specify a different actor. The script was not made for this so it would be a significant edit. I know little in java script so I'm not the one to ask.
is there a way that I can have these two lines enabled/disabled depending on if a switch is on/off
Maybe. Again I would not know how at this time.

Vis_Mage

Novice Magician
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe. Again I would not know how at this time.
Ah, alright. Thanks for the help nonetheless.

I did try out the script command, just to see what would happen without any edits. It does call the Materia equip scene just fine, fully functional, and even updates properly when returning to battle. Although, with the one big drawback of resetting the battle when exiting the Materia equip scene (as in, enemies all respawn with full health, status effects reset, etc.). Can't say I was expecting that. :p

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Question regarding using Materia in battle.

Once a spell is casted, I can no longer use it during battle. After every battle, in the victory aftermath screen, it continuously says the player has learned the materia skill.

My main concern is the use of the materia in battle. I want to continue to cast spells and not have them be a "Once per battle" type deal. Is there any fix to this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

*when the One Map Challenge is the only time you can finish a game*
Drifty wanted to make sure the default MV spark animation lived on, so he made it in Effekseer for the contest :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
Thanks to a post in a forum thread we can better create MV/MZ plugins in Haxe.
Latest video of my adventures in Kingdom Hearts 3~
Imagine every unfunny joke gets a laugh track, and it doesn't top until you genuinely laugh at that unfunny joke.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheFaz