fstew123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
For some reason, even when I change those numbers the Materia Armor itself isn't showing up - the icons in the slots just changeScreen Shot 2020-08-17 at 12.40.15 AM.png I have it equipped to Actor 01. Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 12.41.20 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-17 at 12.40.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-17 at 12.40.22 AM.png

fstew123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One more thing I just noticed, if I set Actor 1 to not have a Materia equipped and leave "Materia" slot 5 open, then make an event in game that gives me the materia. I can see it on the Equip menu but not the Materia menu - does that help at all?
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 1.04.05 AM.png

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mmm I don't have electricity n my laptop is completely out of power. Once I have electricity in the morning I'll check out an old project I have where I have all my materia setup, this way I can see what the difference is.

fstew123

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great, thank you!!

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is my setup for my materia. Compare and see what yours is missing. From what I can tell so far is the icon

Attachments

• 2020-08-17 13_56_52-Window.png
    2020-08-17 13_56_52-Window.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 14

Ophiucus Games

Ophiucus Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I loved this plugin for MV. Just wondering - is Victor still active? If so does he have any plans to port this for MZ?

Froggo32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Huh, guess I will try plugins in my game lolo

Cobax93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
1612137170447.png I am confuse on how this
cnt +x%, 'Counter Up' suppose to work. i assume it works like the Counter Materia

Abeas

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok guys. First, thanks Victor for all those great plugins. To add further info on the last post, I suppose it's more or less the same thing, I'm trying to create the "counter attack" materia, I guess you need "VE CounterActions" and "RetaliationsDamage" (if you want your characters to actually take damage instead of avoiding them) plugins to do this, so I downloaded those as well. I added those tags in the armor "counter-attack" materia :

<materia>
ap: 10000, 20000, 50000, 100000
price: 2
type: independent
</materia>
<action counter: physical, attack, 20%>

and it's working, that's not the point. But when i'm adding this line inside the <materia> tags (after "type: independent") :

effect: cnt +20%, 'Counter Up'

It's crashing the game when the character is about to counter attack. The goal is to add 20% chance of counter at each level, for a maximum of 100% at materia's master level, so 5. Here's the error message :

1.jpg

Can someone tell me what's wrong ? Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Ok guys. First, thanks Victor for all those great plugins. To add further info on the last post, I suppose it's more or less the same thing, I'm trying to create the "counter attack" materia, I guess you need "VE CounterActions" and "RetaliationsDamage" (if you want your characters to actually take damage instead of avoiding them) plugins to do this, so I downloaded those as well. I added those tags in the armor "counter-attack" materia :

<materia>
</materia>
<action counter: physical, attack, 20%>

and it's working, that's not the point. But when i'm adding this line inside the <materia> tags (after "type: independent") :

effect: cnt +20%, 'Counter Up'

It's crashing the game when the character is about to counter attack. The goal is to add 20% chance of counter at each level, for a maximum of 100% at materia's master level, so 5. Here's the error message :

View attachment 182003

Can someone tell me what's wrong ? Thanks in advance.
The Counter Action isn't compatible with yanfly battle engine core it just bugs out but the retaliation damage doesn't look like it affects anything but they are both not required for the counter-attack Materia.

This notetag is just fine to run without them

<materia>

icon: 1608

limited

effect: cnt +20%, 'Counter UP'

</materia>

it had happen to me as well with something else with VE plugins so I can understand what going one :)

Cobax93

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
<materia>
type: Independent
ap: 10000, 20000, 30000, 50000
icon: 89
effect: cnt +30%
</materia>
<Not Independent Item>
<Counter Skills: 1>
<Counter Total: +10>

mine was setup different though with Yanfly Counter Control plugin. i had a little theory of combining with Counter Control plugin with the the materia plugin setup. i would also set the cnt% to zero in trait. now the hardest part for me is making the counter materia for magic. the <Counter Total: +10> there i put in just to make sure it works, haven't tested that yet if it will work without it still

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I've been working on some ABS team A.I. for 'A New Suburbia', and thought I'd share.

I'm generally quite please although the AI is a little grenade heavy right now :rolleyes: - Sneaking and stalking next! Please excuse the terrible map... it was just for ease of viewing!
Voting for the second round of the Map Madness Tournament is now live! Vote for your favorite in each matchup! https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?forums/map-madness-2021-polls.187/
Just bought the Visustella All Waves bundle... Time to go IN!!
Oh, I was just confirmed I'll be doing small online classes during june - july, on one side I'm nervous and looking forward it, on the other one: I've became the very thing I swore to destroy. :kaodes:
Work starts today at 2pm. I hate jeans, but the dress code says I have to wear them... That's how I discovered I was a plus size. Shopping for my first pair of jeans.
Anyhow, I'll post a new video on TheDazzlingsAreBack as soon as I'm able to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twin_A