Boyboy180

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Let me check my game file. I have a ff7 fan game I as working on n have all this working. Give me a few minutes

*Edit. Sorry for delay. Okay so I checked n the way I have it so it works with yep aftermath is I have the tags
<materia ap: 35>
<JP: 35>
I think otherwise jp tag should solve the conflict
That doesn't fix it. Same error occurs.
I even tried disabling everything after the Materia pluggin.
It happens even when AP is given through pluggin commands. It is something in there directly.
Due to the error report it seems to be coming from the Gain AP code
1620423891351.png
As I said earlier, I used a debug log to check and slot appears to be undefined (And the debug log notes the error is at line 1434, 18 along, which is where the materia is mentioned). I don't understand how your code works so could you give suggestions?
1620424231325.png
(I added in a console log below the var slot and above the slot.materias)
1620424323159.png

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That doesn't fix it. Same error occurs.
I even tried disabling everything after the Materia pluggin.
It happens even when AP is given through pluggin commands. It is something in there directly.
Due to the error report it seems to be coming from the Gain AP code
View attachment 188606
As I said earlier, I used a debug log to check and slot appears to be undefined (And the debug log notes the error is at line 1434, 18 along, which is where the materia is mentioned). I don't understand how your code works so could you give suggestions?
View attachment 188607
(I added in a console log below the var slot and above the slot.materias)
View attachment 188608
Ah. Nearly forgot u need the jp plugin so tht the materia shows in the aftermath. Otherwise u will run into tht since it has no way of displaying the amount given. I remember now I had the same issue when I was doing it.

Boyboy180

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ah. Nearly forgot u need the jp plugin so tht the materia shows in the aftermath. Otherwise u will run into tht since it has no way of displaying the amount given. I remember now I had the same issue when I was doing it.
I do have the JP pluggin. It's part of the Yep section above all the other pluggins.
Unless I misunderstood you and you are talking about a different JP pluggin?

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I do have the JP pluggin. It's part of the Yep section above all the other pluggins.
Unless I misunderstood you and you are talking about a different JP pluggin?
Ok so u have it. Good. Try arranging the materia plugin towards the top. I noticed mine were above the yep plugins. Aside from that I can't see why u still the error. Don't seem to be anything different then my setup.

Boyboy180

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok so u have it. Good. Try arranging the materia plugin towards the top. I noticed mine were above the yep plugins. Aside from that I can't see why u still the error. Don't seem to be anything different then my setup.
It still happens even when near the top of the list (Only the VE core and Yep core were above it)
This is really baffling. Especially when it did work earlier in the project (While I was making the materia I remember using the pluggin command to level them up but it now throws up the error.)
I'm trying to figure it out from a coding perspective, why is it returning undefined now when it worked before. I just don't know the code well enough to figure it out.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is the plugin command from an event on map? Common event or just a plain tag on the monster?

Boyboy180

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Actually, no, I think I've got it. Testing theory now.
Buggy equipment/state that I have along with it.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahhh I see. So it was the command was used

Boyboy180

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahhh I see. So it was the command was used
Ok, this will take some explaining.
one of my classes has a unique weapon type, that weapon type would give a state to the user that gave them special slots (Intended to only to be given to them later in the game as a way of upgrading this weapon type).
If anyone in the party has that state, the error occurs when gaining AP.
I just shifted the slots to be on the weapon itself. It will do.

My "bug" has (sort of) been sorted out.

J-G

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ok, this will take some explaining.
one of my classes has a unique weapon type, that weapon type would give a state to the user that gave them special slots (Intended to only to be given to them later in the game as a way of upgrading this weapon type).
If anyone in the party has that state, the error occurs when gaining AP.
I just shifted the slots to be on the weapon itself. It will do.

My "bug" has (sort of) been sorted out.
Well glad it's been fixed, even if it's not the fix u wanted.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just did some math and... apparently what seemed to be a little fun gimmick turned out to be an 80+ actors project :kaoswt2:
Yay! the original character contest 3 pack is here!
Both MV and MZ looks very good, congratulation for both RMW and Tkool participant!
I definitely can add these characters to use for my game project.

Steam link
The worst part of game development has to be marketing. Ugh...
May be starting a new job in a month or so. The thought is both exciting and terrifying.
Not like a rollercoaster though. Rollercoasters are just terrifying.
"Merchants don't sell you a product. They sell you something RIGHT NOW. That's all they're selling, the product of having what you want RIGHT NOW and not having to wait for it."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoqie